It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet...we just got back from Jambo house and saw them putting in new mattresses in a bunch of rooms on the third floor. We stayed on the 5th floor- not sure if we had a new mattress in our room, but the bed and sleeper sofa were super comfy either way :)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet...we just got back from Jambo house and saw them putting in new mattresses in a bunch of rooms on the third floor. We stayed on the 5th floor- not sure if we had a new mattress in our room, but the bed and sleeper sofa were super comfy either way :)

....thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

Oh yes, I did see your reply...I appreciate it. I totally understand pool view rooms don't have animal views, I understand the savannah & arusha view, I am just too cheap to pay for them:thumbsup2. I just thought that by requesting a zebra trail room, we'd be closer to the viewing areas. I think we would rather be closer to the viewing areas than the restaurants & bus stops.

OK, just wanted to make sure!!! Again, as stated before, there are TONS of viewing area's all over the resort!! Have a good time!!

Ok Brandi, I've got another date for our trip...

It's still not written in stone, so you don't have to change me on this list unless you just want to. :)

Now we're Jan 20-28.

We'll see... ;)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Darn! You leave the day we arrive at Universal!

AND we just barely miss both of you.................. we arrive on Feb. 9th BUT, so glad you have at least tentative new dates Tracey - that's good!!! :)

Oh yes, I did see your reply...I appreciate it. I totally understand pool view rooms don't have animal views, I understand the savannah & arusha view, I am just too cheap to pay for them:thumbsup2. I just thought that by requesting a zebra trail room, we'd be closer to the viewing areas. I think we would rather be closer to the viewing areas than the restaurants & bus stops.

The good thing is you will still be close to the restaurants. From the zebra trail there are elevators which go straight down to the pool area and the restaurants are right there. It's very convenient. :thumbsup2

We like zebra trail better than giraffe. Although giraffe is closer to the bus stops and is relatively short we didn't like being so close to the health club and to the hot tub and smoking area.

The only smoking area near giraffe trail is actually close to the Boma/Jiko entrance..and it's under cover.

There USED to be a smoking area near the health club and spa/hot tub, but it's been moved. It's now behind the pool bar.

The only smoking area near giraffe trail is actually close to the Boma/Jiko entrance..and it's under cover.

There USED to be a smoking area near the health club and spa/hot tub, but it's been moved. It's now behind the pool bar.

??? Did they just change this? When I was there three weeks ago there was one behind the hot tub and the one behind the bar was gone. My brother was in dire need of these areas so I'm positive.

??? Did they just change this? When I was there three weeks ago there was one behind the hot tub and the one behind the bar was gone. My brother was in dire need of these areas so I'm positive.

Jambo house's used to be there (behind the hot tub) awhile ago...few years, I think, then it moved behind the bar.

Unless they changed it BACK again (you never know)....but the current map (on disney's own site) shows the new (old?) smoking positions.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...ts/AnimalKingdom/animal-kingdom-lodge-map.pdf

That is: the one outside boma's/jikos, one between the bus stop and the lobby, and the one behind the bar.

Kidani's are (were?) behind the health club and right near the bus stops.

Edit: And I've just been "reminded" we're supposed to keep the smoking discussions in the one smoking thread. So I'll leave it there. My suggestion, for the person asking the question about room location, would be to very nicely ask in that thread if the AKL smoking area has been moved.

Edit2: I asked, in the thread. Someone confirmed the move. Don't know the specifics (temp vs perm, etc)...but given that, I'd go with anjalee's suggestion.

Jambo house's used to be there (behind the hot tub) awhile ago...few years, I think, then it moved behind the bar.

Unless they changed it BACK again (you never know)....but the current map (on disney's own site) shows the new (old?) smoking positions.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...ts/AnimalKingdom/animal-kingdom-lodge-map.pdf

That is: the one outside boma's/jikos, one between the bus stop and the lobby, and the one behind the bar.

Kidani's are (were?) behind the health club and right near the bus stops.

Edit: And I've just been "reminded" we're supposed to keep the smoking discussions in the one smoking thread. So I'll leave it there. My suggestion, for the person asking the question about room location, would be to very nicely ask in that thread if the AKL smoking area has been moved.

Edit2: I asked, in the thread. Someone confirmed the move. Don't know the specifics (temp vs perm, etc)...but given that, I'd go with anjalee's suggestion.

That's so bizarre. Thanks for the info :)

Thanks for the info! I hope the mattress I had was an old one, it was super hard. Looking forward to better sleep next trip.

Ok Brandi, I've got another date for our trip...

It's still not written in stone, so you don't have to change me on this list unless you just want to. :)

Now we're Jan 20-28.

We'll see... ;)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

You have been updated...

We will be there Nov 25- 30 at AKV club level. We will be arriving the 24th not sure where we will stay for the first night!!! Hope to see some of you there.. We are so excited only been once for the Christmas decorations and we have never stayed club level this will be our first time..

We will be there Nov 25- 30 at AKV club level. We will be arriving the 24th not sure where we will stay for the first night!!! Hope to see some of you there.. We are so excited only been once for the Christmas decorations and we have never stayed club level this will be our first time..

Congratulations! You're going to love it I'm sure :)

You have been added to the List... popcorn::

Afternoon J's & K's

Hope everyone is good............. all here is good, I'm packing!!! WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP - going to see my little man on friday!!! YAY

For Everyone going to the world soon, I'm SO jealous, wish we could go - I know it's gonna be a good time!!! Enjoy!!!! ( I looked at the list of vendors,menus, etc) OMG sounds like its gonna be amazing!!!

Hugs everyone!!

:)

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites! Safe travels to all heading out or heading home!
20120812_3916.jpg

Afternoon J's & K's

Hope everyone is good............. all here is good, I'm packing!!! WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP - going to see my little man on friday!!! YAY

For Everyone going to the world soon, I'm SO jealous, wish we could go - I know it's gonna be a good time!!! Enjoy!!!! ( I looked at the list of vendors,menus, etc) OMG sounds like its gonna be amazing!!!

Hugs everyone!!

:)

Wendy, have a great visit with your little man. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter