• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all of you for the great info on this thread!

We are staying at AKV (renting points) for the second year in a row. I do have some questions for the experts here:

1. Are there lifejackets available at the pool for small children?
2. Do you know if coconut milk is available in the resort store?

Thank you! We can't wait to go. I think this might be the trip that convinces me to buy in! :)

Morning J's & K's - hope everyone is doing well today!!! STILL on the lookout for pts. if anyone has any to sell or knows anyone??? Let me me know ASAP!!! Thanks guys!!! ** See this post under mine............. LOL, that's my friend!!! haha - he's the one looking - I STILLLLL think he should just BUY IN and get it over with!!! ;)

Hey you - I'm trying!!!!! lol :goodvibes

Happy Sunday Jamborinis and Kidanites!
images

FRUNCH - Yumm!!!

Six more days here in Seattle (Tacoma actually!) -- then I take a red-eye home to ATL, have a day to catch up on life at home, then will be on my way to WDW for "Food & Wine & Good Friends & Good Times"!!! :woohoo::yay::yay::woohoo:

I drove to the Seattle Waterfront yesterday. Sad to see all the cruise ships have already headed south, but we saw some amazing private yachts in the Marina! Would have loved to have boarded the yacht "Joey"! ;)

We also walked around Pike Place. I ended up getting my Starbucks from a shop down the street as the "original" Starbucks had a line out the building! A bit busier than the last time I was there in 2010! :upsidedow

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. The weather here is gorgeous (60s & 70s). Sad to see so much brown though as the Seattle area is in a drought also. :sad1:

Laura, hope you are having a good time - Seattle is a nice place, I used to live in Bremerton, another lifetime ago............. lol -- I didn't like the rain though!!! :)

*** Brandi - you can add prodri1 to the list - Feb. 11-17 -- cause HE WILL be there one way or the other......... lol :thumbsup2

We are staying at AKV (renting points) for the second year in a row. I do have some questions for the experts here:

Thank you! We can't wait to go. I think this might be the trip that convinces me to buy in! :)

Congratulations on your trip!

Yes on the lifejackets.

I have no idea about the coconut milk though.

Oooohhh, I hope it is, that would be wonderful!

Morning J's & K's - hope everyone is doing well today!!! STILL on the lookout for pts. if anyone has any to sell or knows anyone??? Let me me know ASAP!!! Thanks guys!!! ** See this post under mine............. LOL, that's my friend!!! haha - he's the one looking - I STILLLLL think he should just BUY IN and get it over with!!! ;)

Yes friend, I think that is an excellent idea. And you can immediately use your points after buying. :)

Congrats on your stay!! As for the lifejackets, I'd say yes, but how small are we talking about? Toddler and up, yes, I think so, younger, not sure!!

As for the coconut milk, I haven't seen it, but there is a publix right around the corner from the lodge, if you have a car, I'm sure you can go get some. If you don't have a car, there are 2 grocery services you can use, they will deliver groceries to the resort. garden grocer and wegoshop, you can find info here regarding both, just use the searchbox!!

:)

WHOOPSIE - sorry Pam, I guess we were answering at the same time!!

Yes friend, I think that is an excellent idea. And you can immediately use your points after buying. :)

Pam, I KEEEEP trying to convince him!!! LOL --- AND that's what I said last night, he could use HIS pts. immediately AND prob. still be able to get into BLT!!! We'll see, I gotta keep working on him!!!! haha I hope Pilferk gets on today and see's my question............ I don't know who else to ask!!! :)

Alison, no worries - we'll find him some pts. :)

*** Just so everyone knows - he need 176 pts. for Feb. 11-17th Kidani 1br - standard. If anyone has any pts. or knows anyone who does........... PLEASE let me know ASAP!!! He's ready to book today!!! :) Thanks everyone!!

Thanks! :hug: And (as long as I have my act together by trip time!), Flat Brandi and Flat David will be along! :rotfl:

Have you seen this mouth-watering video (hope the link works!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaH1...ey-updates+%28Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com%29

:goodvibes

Too bad Flat Brandi and Flat David can not taste all the wonderful food and drink their fill there...

Maybe you can spill a little tequila and food on us by the end so we look like we were eating and drinking...

:rolleyes1

Thanks for the video, it just makes me want to be there even more.

I'm sad today.... The voices of reason have spoken (my DH and BFF). We are postponing our trip until January. :sad:

I'm just not physically up to it yet, and even if I was, going the week before Christmas is too much for us. I know they are right, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it!!!! :(

Sooooo, our new dates are TBD.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I'm sad today.... The voices of reason have spoken (my DH and BFF). We are postponing our trip until January. :sad:

I'm just not physically up to it yet, and even if I was, going the week before Christmas is too much for us. I know they are right, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it!!!! :(

We made that same tough decision about a month ago, but we're postponing until January too, our Disney dates are Jan 30 - Feb 7, with a couple days at Universal before that. :grouphug:

franandaj said:
We made that same tough decision about a month ago, but we're postponing until January too, our Disney dates are Jan 30 - Feb 7, with a couple days at Universal before that. :grouphug:

Oh, I hope we end up going at the same time!!!!!
I know we're "new" friends, but I'd LOVE to meet you & Fran in person!!!! You can go ride all the crazy rides with my DH & boys and I can hang out with Fran at the AKL fire pit!!! ;)

:hug:

I'm sorry we won't get the chance to see you in October. I hope Fran is doing well and I hope you are hanging in there OK. :hug:

Yeah, I'm sorry too, the Jamborini meet sounded like so much fun! She's slowing plugging along. If things go right maybe by the end of the months all her wounds will be closed up. Then she can get the arthritis meds, THAT's when the real improvement will start.

Oh, I hope we end up going at the same time!!!!!
I know we're "new" friends, but I'd LOVE to meet you & Fran in person!!!! You can go ride all the crazy rides with my DH & boys and I can hang out with Fran at the AKL fire pit!!! ;)

I would love to meet you too! You can ride my scooter, Fran likes to go to the parks to people watch. She brings a book while I usually go through the single rider line on the crazy rides. With the cortizone shot my podiatrist gave me a few weeks ago, I actually did REALLY good at walking yesterday. I walked (or stood) almost as much as a mild Disney day and didn't have any adverse foot effects. Although my legs were killing me because they don't usually get that much exercise! :rotfl2:

Tracey, I'm so sorry that you have to postpone your trip, but your health comes first.:hug:

Tracy,

Sorry to hear that you are having to postpone your trip, but it sounds like it will be the best for all.

Chin up hon...you will be there soon enough and better able to enjoy it.

I'm sorry Tracey. I hope you get the new dates booked ASAP :)

AND by the way, you got any pts. you'd like to sell??? Let me know ASAP if you do!!! Thanks!!

Sorry, we're "planned out" solid....borrowing from next year for this trip because we're not doing a 2013 trip. Then the plan is to bank the rest of 2013's so we can do a longer trip in a 2 BR in 2014. The plan nets us at 3 pts (2014 pts, which we'll bank) at the end. :)

Perhaps someone on this thread could assist me. I'm looking for the appropriate thread to ask questions regarding an upcoming stay at AKL. Could someone direct me to it? This thread is apparently a community chat thread?

....hey, what happened to you? :confused3 There are plenty of us that can answer any questions you may have about AKL.....please come back! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter