It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kimmar067, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mla973

mla973 <font color=teal>Counting the days until life in F

Thanks to all of you for the great info on this thread!

We are staying at AKV (renting points) for the second year in a row. I do have some questions for the experts here:

1. Are there lifejackets available at the pool for small children?
    2. Do you know if coconut milk is available in the resort store?

Thank you! We can't wait to go. I think this might be the trip that convinces me to buy in! :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. wendypooh

wendypooh Cajun Tinkerbell Princess

Morning J's & K's - hope everyone is doing well today!!! STILL on the lookout for pts. if anyone has any to sell or knows anyone??? Let me me know ASAP!!! Thanks guys!!! ** See this post under mine............. LOL, that's my friend!!! haha - he's the one looking - I STILLLLL think he should just BUY IN and get it over with!!! ;)

Hey you - I'm trying!!!!! lol :goodvibes

FRUNCH - Yumm!!!

Laura, hope you are having a good time - Seattle is a nice place, I used to live in Bremerton, another lifetime ago............. lol -- I didn't like the rain though!!! :)

*** Brandi - you can add prodri1 to the list - Feb. 11-17 -- cause HE WILL be there one way or the other......... lol :thumbsup2

4. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your trip!

Yes on the lifejackets.

I have no idea about the coconut milk though.

Oooohhh, I hope it is, that would be wonderful!

5. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Laura, I hope the next six days fly by!!!

6. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Yes friend, I think that is an excellent idea. And you can immediately use your points after buying. :)

7. wendypooh

Congrats on your stay!! As for the lifejackets, I'd say yes, but how small are we talking about? Toddler and up, yes, I think so, younger, not sure!!

As for the coconut milk, I haven't seen it, but there is a publix right around the corner from the lodge, if you have a car, I'm sure you can go get some. If you don't have a car, there are 2 grocery services you can use, they will deliver groceries to the resort. garden grocer and wegoshop, you can find info here regarding both, just use the searchbox!!

:)

WHOOPSIE - sorry Pam, I guess we were answering at the same time!!

8. wendypooh

Pam, I KEEEEP trying to convince him!!! LOL --- AND that's what I said last night, he could use HIS pts. immediately AND prob. still be able to get into BLT!!! We'll see, I gotta keep working on him!!!! haha I hope Pilferk gets on today and see's my question............ I don't know who else to ask!!! :)

Alison, no worries - we'll find him some pts. :)

*** Just so everyone knows - he need 176 pts. for Feb. 11-17th Kidani 1br - standard. If anyone has any pts. or knows anyone who does........... PLEASE let me know ASAP!!! He's ready to book today!!! :) Thanks everyone!!

9. athenna

athenna DIS Veteran<br><br><font color ="blue">I've been w

I can never catch up:sad1:

Wendy, congrats!:cheer2:

Kim:grouphug:

10. dgbg100106

dgbg100106 Missing the Tag Fiary

Too bad Flat Brandi and Flat David can not taste all the wonderful food and drink their fill there...

Maybe you can spill a little tequila and food on us by the end so we look like we were eating and drinking...

:rolleyes1

Thanks for the video, it just makes me want to be there even more.

11. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

I'm sad today.... The voices of reason have spoken (my DH and BFF). We are postponing our trip until January. :sad:

I'm just not physically up to it yet, and even if I was, going the week before Christmas is too much for us. I know they are right, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it!!!! :(

Sooooo, our new dates are TBD.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

12. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

We made that same tough decision about a month ago, but we're postponing until January too, our Disney dates are Jan 30 - Feb 7, with a couple days at Universal before that. :grouphug:

13. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

Oh, I hope we end up going at the same time!!!!!
    I know we're "new" friends, but I'd LOVE to meet you & Fran in person!!!! You can go ride all the crazy rides with my DH & boys and I can hang out with Fran at the AKL fire pit!!! ;)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

14. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

:hug:

15. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Yeah, I'm sorry too, the Jamborini meet sounded like so much fun! She's slowing plugging along. If things go right maybe by the end of the months all her wounds will be closed up. Then she can get the arthritis meds, THAT's when the real improvement will start.

I would love to meet you too! You can ride my scooter, Fran likes to go to the parks to people watch. She brings a book while I usually go through the single rider line on the crazy rides. With the cortizone shot my podiatrist gave me a few weeks ago, I actually did REALLY good at walking yesterday. I walked (or stood) almost as much as a mild Disney day and didn't have any adverse foot effects. Although my legs were killing me because they don't usually get that much exercise! :rotfl2:

16. John's Mom

John's Mom Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Tracey, I'm so sorry that you have to postpone your trip, but your health comes first.:hug:

17. dgbg100106

Tracy,

Sorry to hear that you are having to postpone your trip, but it sounds like it will be the best for all.

Chin up hon...you will be there soon enough and better able to enjoy it.

18. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

I'm sorry Tracey. I hope you get the new dates booked ASAP :)

19. pilferk

pilferk <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Sorry, we're "planned out" solid....borrowing from next year for this trip because we're not doing a 2013 trip. Then the plan is to bank the rest of 2013's so we can do a longer trip in a 2 BR in 2014. The plan nets us at 3 pts (2014 pts, which we'll bank) at the end. :)

20. dgbg100106

Thanks Pam..

21. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

....hey, what happened to you? :confused3 There are plenty of us that can answer any questions you may have about AKL.....please come back! :flower3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.