• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Your magic bands look amazing!!! Love them!! And your skating pics are awesome. I love those shows. I used to figure skate as a kid and always dreamed about being in a show like that lol. So much fun.

Your magic bands look amazing. Great job!!!!!! Definitely worth doing.

Love all your disney on ice pictures and the video. Totally kicking myself for missing it when it came through DC, but we'd just been to Disney and I was too cheap to buy the tickets. How dare they not be cognizant of my schedule and come later in the year ; ) Glad you all enjoyed!

Really enjoyed the Disney On Ice pictures and video, and I surprised myself by crying a bit :rolleyes1 I've thought about going a few times as they come to the NY/NJ area pretty often, now I think it's gonna be a yes next time. I had no idea the villains could be part of it!!

All caught up finally! Your daily plans look great, Billie. And your food pics are making me STARVING! Is 10:47 pm too late to whip up some eggs benedict?... hmmmm.... hubby says yes. :sad2: Drat.

Love your magic bands! I just ordered some decals and it looks like they might be from the same company. I got that pink Spaceship Earth one for Ev. It's so pretty!

Disney on Ice!! Yay!!!! Looks like such a fun show. We got Frozen on Ice this year. I just love watching the figure skaters; so graceful! Glad you girls had a fun night!

They're heeeeeeeeeeeere! And they've been decal'd up. And it was stressful. They did NOT want to behave at all! But I think I eventually won the battle. I hope. :scratchin You be the judge...

OH wow! They turned out so great! The pink one is still my fave! It's so exciting to actually have them, isn't it!?

DISNEY ON ICE!

Love Disney on ice! So cool that you had a buddy to go with. Looks like you guys had a great time.

AmyJoy is wearing my back-up tiara. (Yes, I keep a back-up tiara.) But she loved it so much, and it was cheap, so at the end of the night, I told her to keep it. Just as a thank you gift for for driving the 45 mins to the arena and paying for parking. princess:

Love the tiara's!!! It's nice that you had a back up for your friend, and what a nice gift for her! :flower1:

Three weeks to go ! Eeeeeeekkkkkk!:cloud9: How's the packing going?
Oh and OMGEE your nails! They are amazing.

Great job on the Magic Bands. They are really cool. So cool, that I ordered some yesterday. Your a great advertisement for them. I ordered a Christmas theme for myself with a red background and gold trees and stars. I ordered my husband and one different colors of the circuit ones like you ordered your uncle and one with gears for my son studying engineering. The Disney figure skating show looked really fun. Loved your pictures. Thanks for posting those.

Awesome bands. I debating getting some for ours. The kids all want some of the special Disney ones with characters on them and I was going to make one for me when we get there. I might have to get decals too now.
You should check out the website, MagicYourBand.com ... I was really impressed with the huge selection. You can even design your own! :cutie:

I want to go to Disney on Ice we missed the Frozen one last year because we were in India and I forgot to check about this year. It looks awesome.
The Frozen show has yet to come here, I think it mainly goes to bigger cities with larger arenas. But honestly, I think I preferred having Mickey & Friends for my first time! ::MickeyMo

I love these! If I wasn't planning on getting a customized one soon, I'd be ordering band covers ASAP :) Despite the apparent difficulty putting them on, they turned out great :D
Honestly, they were only difficult to apply due to user error. I'm a huge klutz with anything even moderately crafty! That's why I chose decals rather than trying to paint them or anything! :scared: Anybody else could probably apply them with a lot more ease than I did.

So I watched it, and I may have also started tearing up :P At the gym no less! The two guys in there probably thought I was really weird :rotfl:
Hahaha! Well, they may have thought you were weird, but I think you're adorable! :hug:

I have to say, Disney on Ice didn't really appeal to me - every time I've seen it advertised I figured it wasn't really aimed at adults. But now I think I'm going to have to go if there's a show near me :P It probably is aimed more at kids, but as we all know, Disney makes you a kid at heart a lot of the time!
Everybody is a kid at Disney! :earsboy: And yes, it was "aimed at kids" but in the same way most things Disney are. It really felt like watching a stage show at one of the parks, but just longer!

Glad you got to get in a little Disney so close to your trip :D
Me too! Definitely was a nice little way to get even more amped up for our trip in 3 weeks! :goodvibes

Yay! Pretty MagicBands! They all look great, but I think your Spaceship (you do not want to know what typo I just made and had to correct) Earth one looks the best!
It's my favorite, too! That's actually the one in pictures and that sold me on buying the decals and giving them a try. So I'm glad they turned out okay! :cutie:

So, I started to watch the video, and 15 seconds in I had to pause to scream "OMG LUMIERE!!!"
Haha! He's pretty cute, isn't he? :lovestruc

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Looks like a really cute show!
It was freakin' adorable, and so full of Disney magic. I'm really happy I finally went! ::yes::

And ... of course you wore your tiara, Princess Billie! I'm glad you got AmyJoy to wear one too - that's pretty awesome of her (driving & paying for parking is pretty awesome of her too).
She's a pretty awesome chick. Totally inducted into the Princess Club now, too! princess:

Also ... tomorrow will be 3 weeks to trip day!!
3 weeks from todaaaaaaaaay!!! :hyper:

The Magic Bands looks great! I would definitely say you won the battle!!!
Thanks! I just hope they hold up for the duration of the trip! :P

Thanks for sharing the Disney on Ice pictures! Looks like you and your co-worker had a great time. What a great Disney Fix to help pass the time to your trip!
It totally helped!!! I'm so glad we went! :-)

The magic bands look great. My DD squealed while we looked through your pictures! Nice work.

Very nice job on the MBs! I think they turned out great.

I love your Disney on Ice pics. Jack's a little creepy looking though, IMO. And that fire ring on the ice? So awesome!

Yay for packing!! Packing to go to Disney is the best because packing to come from home from Disney....

giphy-1-gif.134811
I agree! Packing to go is great! Packing to come home is awful! :sad:

You did an awesome job with your Skins!
Hey, thanks! I love the skins, thank you for providing such a great product and service! :D

Your magic bands look amazing!!! Love them!! And your skating pics are awesome. I love those shows. I used to figure skate as a kid and always dreamed about being in a show like that lol. So much fun.
I never have even worn ice skates in my life, and I still used to daydream about being a figure skater as a kid. :rotfl:

Your magic bands look amazing. Great job!!!!!! Definitely worth doing.
Thanks! I just hope they hold up through the week we're there! :scratchin

Love all your disney on ice pictures and the video. Totally kicking myself for missing it when it came through DC, but we'd just been to Disney and I was too cheap to buy the tickets. How dare they not be cognizant of my schedule and come later in the year ; ) Glad you all enjoyed!
Those jerks. :sad2: Oh well, catch it next time if you just need a Disney fix! It was really cute, and I'm sure that Casey of yours would get a kick out of it!

Really enjoyed the Disney On Ice pictures and video, and I surprised myself by crying a bit :rolleyes1 I've thought about going a few times as they come to the NY/NJ area pretty often, now I think it's gonna be a yes next time. I had no idea the villains could be part of it!!
Okay good, I'm glad you cried. (As horrible as that sounds! :rotfl:) I felt awful silly for tearing up, so knowing others are from watching the video makes me feel much better!

Great magic bands. You are all going to be so stylin'! And Disney on Ice looked great. Wish I had a Disney Prince to take me skating! Not that it would turn me into Jasmine, that's for sure - what's with the upside down? Actually, I'm sure I am upside down at times while falling.... :oops:
I know what a huge klutz I am, and my knees are in such bad shape, you couldn't pay me to try ice skating at my age! I do love to watch it, though! :goodvibes

All caught up finally! Your daily plans look great, Billie. And your food pics are making me STARVING! Is 10:47 pm too late to whip up some eggs benedict?... hmmmm.... hubby says yes. :sad2: Drat.
Your hubby is WRONG. Anytime is a good time for delicious noms! ::yes::

Love your magic bands! I just ordered some decals and it looks like they might be from the same company. I got that pink Spaceship Earth one for Ev. It's so pretty!
Isn't it, though? It's the one that convinced me to order the decals and give them a try! The glitter ones are super pretty, too. Photos don't do them justice! :goodvibes

Disney on Ice!! Yay!!!! Looks like such a fun show. We got Frozen on Ice this year. I just love watching the figure skaters; so graceful! Glad you girls had a fun night!
It was a super fun night! I'm really glad that we went! :-)

OH wow! They turned out so great! The pink one is still my fave! It's so exciting to actually have them, isn't it!?
It's SUPER exciting! It's like the last piece of the Disney planning puzzle. Well, that and packing. :laughing:

Love Disney on ice! So cool that you had a buddy to go with. Looks like you guys had a great time.
We did, it was fun! I might start going every year now! :earsgirl:

Love the tiara's!!! It's nice that you had a back up for your friend, and what a nice gift for her! :flower1:
You know I rock my tiara any chance I get, girl. princess:

Three weeks to go ! Eeeeeeekkkkkk!:cloud9: How's the packing going?
I still haven't started, beyond piling everything on the guest bed. I need to get moving on it! :scared:

Oh and OMGEE your nails! They are amazing.
LOL You're sweet! They're so long, but they're awful looking right now. My mom wants to take me for mani/pedis on my birthday, so I'm trying to hold off on messing with them too much. But they're driving me crazy. :crazy2: I might trim them down just a little, to get me through the next 3 weeks.

Great job on the Magic Bands. They are really cool. So cool, that I ordered some yesterday. Your a great advertisement for them.
Aww, that's awesome! I'm glad to hear it! I wonder if I get a referral bonus? :rotfl:

I ordered a Christmas theme for myself with a red background and gold trees and stars.
I almost did a red band with a Christmas decal for this trip! But I just fell in love with the pink Spaceship Earth band, so I went that way instead. :cutie:

I ordered my husband and one different colors of the circuit ones like you ordered your uncle and one with gears for my son studying engineering.
Very cool! My aunt and uncle picked theirs off of the website, and I ordered them. I wasn't surprised he picked the circuit one, he's a computer guy. I think the one my aunt chose is super pretty! :lovestruc

The Disney figure skating show looked really fun. Loved your pictures. Thanks for posting those.
I'm glad you liked them! :D

Your magic band is so cute! I love the EPCOT skin!

Also you and your friend look a lot more excited to be at Disney on Ice than the two little girls behind you.

Hooray! I picks that time because it's historically a quiet time for crowds. But everything I've been reading this year has be worried. :scared:
We went to Disney the first week in December and expected it to be a low crowd period - not true at all. It was very busy. And this year with the final Osborne Lights and now the final Captain EO ;) how could anyone stay away.

And that's it! :goodvibes I had a great time at the show, I'm so glad I finally went!
The pictures make me want to go, too. It looks like a lot of fun. :)

I just hope they hold up through the week we're there! :scratchin
The vinyl bands covers are very durable. I've had some for years. And the Halloween cover that I wore almost every day during our October trip still looks fine. And the two grandchildren were sharing one set of vinyl covers, moving parts from one set to another. But I don't wear the decorated bands in the pool or shower.

I think the one my aunt chose is super pretty! :lovestruc
Her band turned out really cute. I never would have guessed it. I want to get a sparkle band, like the silver one that you have. We just got our new Annual Passholders bands, so it is time to go shopping for new covers. ::yes::

Your magic band is so cute! I love the EPCOT skin!
Thanks! It's my favorite, too! :cutie:

Also you and your friend look a lot more excited to be at Disney on Ice than the two little girls behind you.
Bahahaha! I didn't even notice that! :rotfl:

We went to Disney the first week in December and expected it to be a low crowd period - not true at all. It was very busy. And this year with the final Osborne Lights and now the final Captain EO ;) how could anyone stay away.
I did the first week in December of 2009, and it was AWESOME. And every crowd calendar shows it to be 4s and 5s. But I think this year it's going to be more like 7s and 8s, and I'm going to be like :crazy2: and :scared:.

The pictures make me want to go, too. It looks like a lot of fun. :)
It really was! It's a great Disney fix between trips! ::MickeyMo

The vinyl bands covers are very durable. I've had some for years. And the Halloween cover that I wore almost every day during our October trip still looks fine. And the two grandchildren were sharing one set of vinyl covers, moving parts from one set to another. But I don't wear the decorated bands in the pool or shower.
Oh, good! I don't plan on showering or swimming with them, though they may get wet on Splash Mountain and Kali. :scratchin

Her band turned out really cute. I never would have guessed it. I want to get a sparkle band, like the silver one that you have. We just got our new Annual Passholders bands, so it is time to go shopping for new covers. ::yes::
I love love love the sparkly silver one! Especially because where the graphic ones have a matte finish, the glitter bands have a nice smooth glossy finish that's super pretty! :goodvibes

I never have even worn ice skates in my life, and I still used to daydream about being a figure skater as a kid.

That's hilarious! Figure skating is really a lot of fun! But I eventually got tired of it, and like the good Canadian that I am, switched to hockey in my last year of high school lol

That's hilarious! Figure skating is really a lot of fun! But I eventually got tired of it, and like the good Canadian that I am, switched to hockey in my last year of high school lol
This might possibly be the most Canadian thing I've ever heard. :rotfl:

LOVE the skins on the Bands! You did a fabulous job! Can't wait to do mine in about... oh... 10 months. :rotfl2::lmao:
I'll be doing another one in about 10 months, so I'm with you! I'm thinking either a Halloween band, or something that SPARKLES!!! :cutie:

Just wanted to stop by and remind you you are less than 20 days from DISNEY and your BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!! Hope you're surviving the countdown

Just wanted to stop by and remind you you are less than 20 days from DISNEY and your BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!! Hope you're surviving the countdown
16 days now! :hyper: Thank you for thinking of me, Kari! I've been wanting to update here, but there's really no news at the moment. It's just hurry-up-and-wait time right now. :coffee:

Do a sparkly Halloween band, why settle for one when you can probably get both!
How about a sparkly gold decal on an orange MB? Would be nice for Fall! Like THIS ONE! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter