• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

2nd guess on the picture.. Is it Ariel ride?

No, and you were closer in proximity on your first guess. (I think! At least if you are using walkways to get from one to the other...might be closer if you walked through walls.)

Will do replies soon, but I gotta take a guess... Is it Enchanted Tales with Belle?

No, it seems like you folks are going all around it...look at my Trip Report to see where we were on Tuesday, May 12th. That may help. I know I did not expect the décor here to be so "heavy" and dark.

No, it seems like you folks are going all around it...look at my Trip Report to see where we were on Tuesday, May 12th. That may help. I know I did not expect the décor here to be so "heavy" and dark.
Is it the little Beauty & the Beast gift shop near the Gaston fountain?

Last edited:

I was surprised to see the décor here dark instead of shiny and sparkly! (hint, hint)

I was surprised to see the décor here dark instead of shiny and sparkly! (hint, hint)

Sparkly ... I'm thinking princesses. Is it maybe Princess Fairytale Hall?
(It actually looks like it would fit in here ... but I don't remember)

Sparkly ... I'm thinking princesses. Is it maybe Princess Fairytale Hall?
(It actually looks like it would fit in here ... but I don't remember)

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!

Here is a full picture of the queue right before you actually go into the rooms to meet Cinderella and Rapunzel:

Yay for being all booked (and partially paid!) for October 2016!! Princess Room!!!! (yes, I know that's not the actual name, but it's what they should be called!)
That's actually what I call it off-the-record, a Princess Room. princess:

I've seen the Magic Your Band stickers before ... they make some really cool ones! And apparently they stay on really well, too ... and they're removable (but not reusable), so you can switch decals on the same band mid-trip! There's a thread someone around here about people who decorate their MBs and a lot of people seem to use Magic Your Band (they're even an "approved advertiser" on the DIS and answer questions on that thread), and I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that they are waterproof.
Really! I had no idea! I'll have to comb the DIS and see if it turns up! ::yes::

Yay!! I'm glad you got your 2016 plans all secured away! So exciting!!
Soooooo excited!!! :hyper:

We've never decorated our magic bands either. I was thinking I could handle putting on temp tattoos and clear polish. Can't wait to see how the stickers do.
If I end up getting them, I'll definitely give a full report! :thumbsup2

I think you should go for the pretty unicorn hair for a Disney trip. Is it like the chalk stuff? It should wash out pretty easy if it is. Or go for colored hair extensions for the trip. Someone on here used to take her daughter in to get sparkly tinsel put in her hair before every trip. I want to see if we can do that before our next trip but I have no idea who/how to do it.
It's not the chalk, it's actual permanent hair color from a salon. I've use the chalk before, it was awful. I've also done the clip-on strands. And in my younger days, before life necessitated a grown-up job, I had my hair died all kinds of crazy colors. Just never all at once, and never in such a pretty way! I've never had a head full of UNICORN HAIR! :laughing:

Yea for booking your 2016 trip!!! party: soooooo exciting!! Royal room river view sounds like heaven.
Yes! I decided to splurge a little on the River View! :goodvibes How about you, did you book your October 2016 trip this week? And what are your dates? Would you believe that yesterday I actually started my October 2016 planning spreadsheet, with my park days and ADR wish list? :rotfl:

Wow that sand art hair is amazeballs! I can't even fathom the amount of work that would take with real hair color...
That IS real salon hair color, girl! That's what is so amazing to me about it, and why I want it so bad! :goodvibes

Love the MB stickers! So cute! We did the whole nail polish/temp tattoo thing with nail gems and all. It was fun but I'm not sure I'd do it again, I like the sticker idea though, I'll have to take a look :earseek:
Yeah, those sound like the kind of bands that I admire in the park, but I also know are far too crafty for me. :laughing:

2016 - Yay! I think already as the founder of The Princess Club you are already a majestic unicorn! I had intended to use nail polish on my band on my last trip, but as I can only pick the band up when I check in I seem to be too busy to worry about it, but the stickers are sure purty!
Awww, yay! I'm a UNICORN! :cutie: Thanks, Donna!

Yes, I agree...YOU ARE A MAJESTIC UNICORN! Whoo hoo for getting the trip booked. We are looking at 10/28-11/7/2016, so we have to wait for the end of the week to book ours. It will be me, Matt and the dog whisperer this time. We are still looking at staying in the AS Music suites just for the room.
We'll just miss each other! You'll be checking on the day that I'm checking out! :sad:

I love the sand art hair...I would LOVE to do this with my hair, but in a deep, vibrant purple, green and blue. Of course it would help if I had enough hair to do this with, cause somehow having 10 strands of blue , 10 strand of green and 10 strands of purple hair just won't have the impact I would want. LOL!
Bahaha! I was think this same thing about my short, thin hair too! :rotfl2:

I could never do this either(unless I win that lottery) as my mortgage paying job is extremely conservative and my retail job requires "natural" hair colors. I once called my manager at my retail job at the time and said, you know Pink is a natural color... in flowers...he said what are you doing???...I said nothing...I had my hairdresser put in a hot pink temporary color streak in my hair (in a place I could tuck it in behind more hair so that it did not show at all times). I then walked in the store across from where my Mgr. was with that pink showing...he watched me walk across the store to the back clock in are...as soon as I shut that door, he was back there. I thought he would have a heart attack, it was pretty funny. The look of relief on his face was apparent when I showed him I could hide it and told him it was wash out stuff. (yes, this is my idea of being a bad a$$)
I totally relate to this. A few years ago, I asked a friend to put a "couple of pink streaks in my hair." I even got approval from my boss (at the time) first before doing it. Well, my friend went overboard, and it turned into a whole head full of HOT PINK streaks. I LOVED IT. But when I got to work with it, my boss lost her mind and told me I couldn't come back to work until I fixed it. :lmao: (So the next day I colored over it dark red.)

The pink birthday band is really cute!
Thanks! I can't decide if I like it or the pink Spaceship Earth one more!

I've never had any problems switching the bands during a trip. I have quite a few now and I would match the band to what I was wearing. It is a lot of fun to wear decorated bands. They almost look like you are wearing a bracelet instead of a FitBit. ;)
I am thinking more and more that I might do this! :cutie:

Oh this affected several of my friends...
It's been pretty much a nightmare. :sad2:

I did both last year.. The stickers stayed on VERY WELL.. i also put them right on top of the nail polish. still stuck. But i think i used a different company..
YAY! I'm glad to hear this! :thumbsup2

This has been going on for a while now. i think its really cool.. and i think you should do it for Disney!!!
I wish I could, but it's not temporary. It's permanent! Which I don't mind AT ALL, but my employer would disagree. :rotfl:

Yes... Yes you will.. I really do think you should do it for your B-day...
If I could wash it out after, I would! ::yes::

Yay!! So excited for you to have yet another trip on the books lol!! I'm still insanely jealous of your ability to pin down dates over a year out lol...you are my inspiration for advance planning! I can't imagine paying off a trip before I actually go...never done that before either!! Something to strive for!
And I'm so jealous of you for being able to book and go! I HAVE to plan this far out in order to have plenty of time to save up the money! :goodvibes My April trip was a rare exception to that rule, and that only happened because I had been saving for this here December trip, and I so just borrowed from that!

Yes, I'm in that boring lull as well. Can't do much other than second guess all your ADR's and make a plan for FP+ booking...(oh wait, that's me lol...YOU already have all the perfect ADR's..since you plan so far out..:) Not that I'm jealous or anything lol :) But yes...making a plan to satisfy everyone in the group is gonna be a bit of work to be sure.
So instead, I've already worked out my park days and my ADR wishlist for the October trip... spreadsheeted and everything... :rotfl:

These look awesome...if they really hold up as well as people say...I might check them out too...would be nice to have a bit of "flair" :)
That's what I'm saying! They're so cute!

That is super cool!! Would love to know what they use and how they did that. Also...try it out and then...not Non-Disney rambling at all...you could do it AT Disney!!!
Well, it's actual hair color, so I'm assuming that girl was already blonde, or else they bleached the crap out of her hair, and then methodically applied all the pretty pastel hair colors. I love it! :cutie:

Love it!
The sand art hair is beautiful. I cannot have my hair like that at work either.
It's such a bummer, right?! :sad:

Good news about the 2016 trip! The car repair is a relief I'm sure!
Yes, lots of happiness on both fronts! :goodvibes

I would like to join the Princess Club. I will borrow a friend of mind's tiara.
Please do, I'm looking forward to seeing it! princess:

Hi Billie!! :)

Ok, I'm all caught up!
Hooray! (I'll get caught up again on yours soon, I promise! :guilty: )

1. I just have to say I LOVE your purse and I actually have the exact same one!! LOL I used it during my DC Trip as a test run and it worked out GREAT!! You can see it in some of my pics on PTR in the RL DC Updates. I have the same issue you have described...the strap needs to be pretty long for it to fit right on my body frame. Again, worked out great for me, I hope it does for you as well!
I love that you have the same one, and that it worked out so well for you! Thank you for the vote of confidence! :cutie:

2. YAY for October 2016 dates!! I took it as a good sign that the 2016 prices came out on my birthday. I ran our numbers for our 3/28/16 - 4/2/16 dates and wasn't too terribly shocked about the prices. I looked at Pop Century and AsMo. I told my husband the price which he wasn't too thrilled about then he started rattling off the perks about staying onsite!!! HE HAS COME SO FAR...SO PROUD OF MY DISNEY HUBBY! I honestly thought we would suggest staying off-site which I could have dealt with as long as we got to go to Disney! :)
HAHA! I giggled at the part about your hubs justifying staying on site. You've trained him well. :thumbsup2

3. I love the magicbands designs...I'm curious about how well they hold up. I'm so not crafty so my plan was to just leave them be and not decorate them but I really like the ones you posted!
Yes, I've always just assumed I would be wearing naked MagicBands, too! So these decals are an epiphany! I hope they work out well! :goodvibes

As usual great updates! (oh and thanks for the spreadsheet)!
Hey, my pleasure! I hope it helps! :cutie:

Yay for locking in for 2016! Awesome! We booked today too, going just a few weeks before you are. We've decided to stay at POFQ. It's our home resort. :)
Congratulations! I LOVE POFQ! :cutie:

YAY! Congrats on booking your 2016 trip! We booked an October 2016 yesterday, too. I had my DVA number saved in my notes in my phone because I learned the hard way last time I tried to book a trip.We'll be there a week before you (As of right now). Right now it's a total pipe dream trip, I booked the Poly standard view, but I can always switch it if it seems too far-reaching for us.
I do the same seem... Aim high, and trim back the costs as needed. Congrats on your booking!!! :D

That hair is so cool and something I could never pull off. I have such dark hair that it would break off from bleaching it to get to a point where I could color it :)
Mine's a medium brown, so it would take a good bit of bleaching to get mine white enough to do that kind of color work on mine, too. But hey, it's nice to dream, right? :cloud9:

OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:
YES IT IS!!!! :hyper:

Urg I totally feel you on this :sad2: I am the least crafty person I know. I can not even draw a stick man let alone do any fancy creative stuff.
SAMES!!!! :sad2:

Congrats on booking for 2016!

I also love the sand art hair, so pretty!
Thanks!!! I'm excited!!! :hyper:

Did you ever do your iron on decals? Pics or it didn't happen!!!:rolleyes1
No pics... Because it didn't happen. Yet. :rotfl: I decided I need to buy some of the iron-on transfer paper for ink jet printers, and add some customization to the design for my Christmas shirt. That hasn't happened yet, but hopefully will in the next few weeks. Then I'll have all the supplies accumulated (3 t-shirts and 8 iron-ons between them)! :thumbsup2

Hey Billie! I'm catching back up and first and foremost congrats on 2016!!!!! Its always good to have not one, but two trips in the making. The more magic the merrier.

Totally love the unicorn hair. But please promise me you won't show my daughter it. No chance she would't work me for years to have that in her hair. To be a real life my little pony would be her greatest dream come true.

Prepare to flog me with a wet noodle....:P
Yes I booked our October trip for Oct. 21-27. I was sooo excited, had a Billie dismeet already churning in my head. Then I went to work today and discovered a conflict with my Mom who is watching Kiya for us while we are away ( that woman plans her vacations as far in advance as I do and she won) so I had to switch my dates :sad:
We're still going but will be there Sept. 30th - October 6th 2016 instead. I'm still super excited but I guess it wasn't in the stars for us to be there at the same time.........unless you want to go the beginning of Oct!!:rolleyes1
Girl I totally get you on the 2016 spreadsheet with ADR wishlist, I've started mine too! My DH thinks I'm cray cray for sure.

2016!

Sounds like more Food & Wine fun! Oh and at POR too...sigh.

We're planning on renting DVC points at AKL for our May 2016 trip. Currently, David's DVC doesn't have any points available for AKL. We're in the queue but the plan is to get 2 suites at AOA if it doesn't work out. Part of my wants to go ahead and book our 2 AOA suites just as a back up. We could just pay the deposit and then cancel and get a refund if AKL works out...now rambling but you get me, right?

I'm in the same lull with my trip. ADRs booked...and now we wait. I have a basic idea of daily plans but I'm waiting until later is August to sit down and write them out. I make a pretty specific plan - listing the order of the rides I would like to hit. We sometimes miss one or don't make it to all of them but it cuts down on the backtracking.

I love the bands! I think my new ear/bow combo will be my treat this trip but now either a fancy band or a new bag for May...

Hey! So I haven't checked in for a while! No crown picture for me (yet) I need to find one... I have not forgotten!

Yeah for booking 2016!!!! :banana:So exciting and happy the DVA issue worked out!

You go girl I WAS going to book spring 2016 but looks like we are passing on that so now I need to wait 365 days to book fall 2017......

Also on MB stickers I ordered them and never used them :/. So for now in saving them ?!?! Haha they can't be used for much aside from MB decorations!

I have not read everything, but I know this. ?.

You have my dream job. I would love to help plan vacations. You are committed to a plan and always making it better. We both put Epcot first with Magic Kingdom being a close, almost impossible to believe, second. I have to plan, you must plan. I can relate. Disney funks are sometimes necessary but in my experience, never permanent. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Hey Billie! I'm catching back up and first and foremost congrats on 2016!!!!! Its always good to have not one, but two trips in the making. The more magic the merrier.
Welcome back!!! I need to pop into your thread and see if you've brought us back any yummy updates! ;)

Totally love the unicorn hair. But please promise me you won't show my daughter it. No chance she would't work me for years to have that in her hair. To be a real life my little pony would be her greatest dream come true.
Your daughter is a girl after my own heart. :cloud9:

Prepare to flog me with a wet noodle....:P
Yes I booked our October trip for Oct. 21-27. I was sooo excited, had a Billie dismeet already churning in my head. Then I went to work today and discovered a conflict with my Mom who is watching Kiya for us while we are away ( that woman plans her vacations as far in advance as I do and she won) so I had to switch my dates :sad:
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :sad:

We're still going but will be there Sept. 30th - October 6th 2016 instead. I'm still super excited but I guess it wasn't in the stars for us to be there at the same time.........unless you want to go the beginning of Oct!!:rolleyes1
I do not, I'm sorry. :laughing: The rain and the heat during the last week of September last year was enough to convince me to move my next Fall trip to the very end of October, hence the dates I went with. :P

Girl I totally get you on the 2016 spreadsheet with ADR wishlist, I've started mine too! My DH thinks I'm cray cray for sure.
For ADRs, I'm thinking skipping my usual "Must Do's" and trying some new-to-me restaurants. Right now on the wish list I have Paradiso 37, Mama Melrose, Boatwright's, and 1900 Park Fare. YUM! :cutie:

2016!

Sounds like more Food & Wine fun! Oh and at POR too...sigh.
Yes! And MNSSHP, too! :thumbsup2

We're planning on renting DVC points at AKL for our May 2016 trip. Currently, David's DVC doesn't have any points available for AKL. We're in the queue but the plan is to get 2 suites at AOA if it doesn't work out. Part of my wants to go ahead and book our 2 AOA suites just as a back up. We could just pay the deposit and then cancel and get a refund if AKL works out...now rambling but you get me, right?
I would definitely go ahead and book the AoA suites, honestly. That way you know you have something, and plan for that. If AKL comes through, just cancel AoA. ::yes::

I'm in the same lull with my trip. ADRs booked...and now we wait. I have a basic idea of daily plans but I'm waiting until later is August to sit down and write them out. I make a pretty specific plan - listing the order of the rides I would like to hit. We sometimes miss one or don't make it to all of them but it cuts down on the backtracking.
That's exactly the kind of plan I need to sit down and come up with. My goal is to do as little back-tracking as possible, which is a whole new touring style for me. So while I won't come up with an hour-by-hour plan, I do want to at least come up with an order how to make our way through the parks each day. :goodvibes

I love the bands! I think my new ear/bow combo will be my treat this trip but now either a fancy band or a new bag for May...
Honestly, I think I might like your ear/bows combo even better! Good choice! :cutie:

Hey! So I haven't checked in for a while! No crown picture for me (yet) I need to find one... I have not forgotten!
Yes, you DO need to find one! You belong in the Princess Club, Lauren! princess:

Yeah for booking 2016!!!! :banana:So exciting and happy the DVA issue worked out!
Yasssss! So excited! Having next years trip booked will definitely help with the post-Disney blues when I get back from this trip in December. ::yes::

You go girl I WAS going to book spring 2016 but looks like we are passing on that so now I need to wait 365 days to book fall 2017......
Oh no no no, you need to go MUCH sooner than that! :eek:

Also on MB stickers I ordered them and never used them :/. So for now in saving them ?!?! Haha they can't be used for much aside from MB decorations!
They're so cute!!!! :cutie:

I have not read everything, but I know this. ?.

You have my dream job. I would love to help plan vacations. You are committed to a plan and always making it better. We both put Epcot first with Magic Kingdom being a close, almost impossible to believe, second. I have to plan, you must plan. I can relate. Disney funks are sometimes necessary but in my experience, never permanent. Thanks for sharing your journey.
:welcome: Thank you for your kind words! Happy to have you along! :goodvibes

Oh no no no, you need to go MUCH sooner than that! :eek:

Well it's kinda stinky BUT it looks like we are going to do Cali with 2/3 days at DLR so I'll take it.

My dad tried to get us to go back this Dec but my husband bless his heart likes to go to other places too :rolleyes1

I can't complain I guess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter