It's Magical! A 10yr Anniv Dining Report with Extras! Updated 9/4!!!

Enjoying your reviews so far Paula...and following your comments on Barb's DR, I'm eagerly anticipating your YSH review!

We're staying at SSR in August. It's the first time for us - have you stayed there before?

It will probably be a few weeks before I get to the tale of our YSH adventure. Brenda's will actually be the one fully telling of the experience and she will likely post it before I do.

Hi Paula, I am finally emerging out of lurkdom to comment on a dining thread.
Excited that you chose to do a dining report over a TR. That's a bummer about Hunter's luggage but you have a great attitude and glad it didn't derail things too much. Anyway, looking forward to reading along.

Welcome out of lurkdom Pam! I'm still kind-of doing it as a trip report but decided I wanted it on the Dining Boards

I've seen so much of you in others' reports that it's high time I join in on yours! Going back to read, can't wait! :thumbsup2

Welcome Tracy! Yes, it is probably kind of weird having 3 dining reports going for the same meals but we all have our own thoughts and opinions on the meals! Plus some that we did not do together.

I regret not taking Michael to RR but I can only fit so many meals into the days we were there! YeeHa Bob is still on my must try list! Those cheese fritters look good. Are they like a fried cheese nugget or what's the inside like?

You just have to come back in October lol! I know... I haven't even started planning meals for October... I think half will be in Epcot lol.

The Cheese Fritters were a Pimento Cheese so it was kind of creamy on the inside with the crispy outside.

I'm here! Great start so far. I remember hearing about the luggage issue on FB. Hope it all gets worked out soon.

I am so going to try Paradiso again next year. I have been there before but it's been quite awhile. I may need to budget for drinks. Good golly those looked big and great!

Welcome Jamie! Thanks for stopping by! The Drinks were BIG! I don't think they were terribly strong but I'm not sure if that is typical for there or not. Or maybe I was just in denial of the strength.

Your Go Fig salad looks delicious, I know I would love this. Also the cheese fritters yum!

I LOVE that salad and the previous version as well! It's hard for me to get something else!

Yikes, that suitcase incident is unbelievable! Glad to hear it didn't completely get you down and that you had some good opening meals.

Haven't tried Paradiso 37 yet, but Raglan has almost always left me feeling satisfied. :thumbsup2

Welcome Mr. DDW! I was also happy that the opening meals were good especially as we have some that don't fall into that category coming up soon.

The luggage is something else! Hoping to get an update on the other items soon!

We have only eaten at RR for lunch and I have wondered about the entertainment. Booked us for dinner this trip. :thumbsup2 How was the music?

Now Yea-haw Bob is presenting me with a problem. He isn't around most of the nights that would work for us. Right now I would have to change our Cali Grill dinner in order to see him. I will keep peeking at reservations to see if I can maybe swap Cali with RR and then we can head over to POR!

We enjoyed the music and the dancing. I know they have different bands on different nights.

Yes, YeeHa Bob is only there Weds-Sat and I'm thinking he may not be there the Fri/Sat you will be there.

Raglan Road remains my favorite DTD restaurant and since I usually only go to DTD once each trip (if at all), it makes it difficult to try other restaurants there, like Paradiso. So I like your idea of having just appetizers and then doing both in one day. :thumbsup2

I regret that I've never made it over to POR to catch a Yehaa Bob show. If my DH ends up joining me at the end of my October trip then I'm definitely going to fit it into the schedule. This seems like something he would really enjoy, plus he's always complaining that he's done everything there is to do at WDW. :rolleyes:

My plan wasn't originally for just appetizers at both but thats the way it worked out this time! I was very happy with our choices though. Next time I may make us get going earlier so the meals can be spread out more. The original plan was 11am lunch and 5pm dinner. It ended up being 1pm lunch and then no room in the stomach for a real dinner.

Take your husband on a tour! Hunter loved the railroad one. Have you been to La Nouba? I'm sure there is still lots to do!

Hello! I'm here to start reading!! Looking forward to your reviews!

Welcome! Hopefully more up soon!

Love your review so far. You two are the cutest couple. POR looks so serene and pretty. I can't believe what happened to his luggage. That is just crazy. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! Thats what we love about POR and why I am nervous about SSR. We really love the trees and there are not many of those at SSR.

April 24th began with an early morning for me after being at the YeeHa Bob show until midnight! Why? I wanted some Magic Kingdom time! This update will likely not include any dining but not to worry! Some will come soon!

I arrived to Magic Kingdom before 8:30 and found a spot to wait for the Morning Show. I took a selfie for Instagram

ry%3D400

And then had a Photopass Photog take my picture
ry%3D400

Then it was time! Welcome Mayor!
ry%3D400

A little video for fun!

Train is arriving and bringing some more friends!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I see a castle!!
ry%3D400

Me and a castle!
ry%3D400

First up was a flight!
ry%3D400

I won’t torment with my horrible pictures of the ride!

I snapped this picture at about 9:20am…
ry%3D400

I headed to a different place!
ry%3D400

It was at this point that I realized I had forgotten my ears!
ry%3D400

I had purchased these on my last DL trip and couldn’t believe I didn’t bring them along!

I was so hoping this would be open but it wasn’t to be
ry%3D400

I didn’t figure that since there were still a lot of people working on it as a good sign of it opening during our trip!
ry%3D400

Instead I headed to the Little Mermaid. I really enjoy this ride. I will only ride this at WDW early in the morning though as I refuse to wait for it. This did have a 15minute wait posted but my only wait was my trying to take pictures of the queue!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The ride is the same in DL so I didn’t take many pictures as I have about a million from it there!

After the ride I texted Hunter to see if he was awake. He was and already on his way! So I hopped on a train to head to the front of the park.
ry%3D400

And where did I find him?!?!
ry%3D400

Starbucks! I am not usually a caffeine person but when I am in Disney I REALLY enjoy the Cool Lime Refreshers! He had a Iced Coffee with some add shots!

From there we headed for a Disney classic
ry%3D400

It’s a Great Big Beautiful tomorrow!! (I should have named my Trip Report that! Right Brenda?!?!)

Then it was time for a leisurely ride around Tomorrowland via the People Mover!

ry%3D400

Feet up!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was now approaching lunchtime! The Plaza is up next!

Great morning at MK. Can't believe that wait time for A&E. Well, actually I can because I saw the madness that was A&E at Norway. Looking forward to the Plaza. Oh, and thanks for the review of Raglan Road. We are taking the in-laws there in October and hoping it will keep them happy since everything I have suggested so far has been "too adventurous".

Looking forward to your plaza review. I'm always interested in reading them since my life long experience with The Plaza is from Disneyland and it's totally different. But have to write a double wow on the wait of 4 hrs for Elsa and Anna .. Just wow!

Great morning at MK. Can't believe that wait time for A&E. Well, actually I can because I saw the madness that was A&E at Norway. Looking forward to the Plaza. Oh, and thanks for the review of Raglan Road. We are taking the in-laws there in October and hoping it will keep them happy since everything I have suggested so far has been "too adventurous".

It was a fun morning! And I'm pretty sure that was my only visit to Fantasyland in the 2 weeks we were there!

Isn't the point of going on vacation to try new things?!?! I do love Raglan Road and the Plaza will be up here soon!

Following along and loving it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Thank you!

Looking forward to your plaza review. I'm always interested in reading them since my life long experience with The Plaza is from Disneyland and it's totally different. But have to write a double wow on the wait of 4 hrs for Elsa and Anna .. Just wow!

The Plaza is coming up here real soon!! Ahh Yes, they are totally different! I love both versions!!

Yes, the waits are CRAZY!! Something I'm not willing to do!

ry%3D400

The Plaza is a restaurant we had been to once before. I remembered it as being a good meal for a not very expensive price. Since we didn’t have breakfast scheduled we had an 11am ADR and arrived about 15 minutes early. We were able to check in but because we would be the first seating we had a short wait.

We were seated right on time and presented the menu.
ry%3D400

The chef came out to talk to us and deemed the entire menu safe for Hunter (he can’t have most seafood)

He chose to start with the Baked Potato Soup
ry%3D400

He let me have some and it was very good. Nice and creamy and not grainy. Good flavors

A plate of condiments
ry%3D400

I chose to get the Cheese Steak Sandwich
ry%3D400

Hunter went with the unlikely choice of the vegetarian sandwich. The server asked if he was Vegetarian, We both laughed and said “No” He was recommending we add a chicken breast to the sandwich. We decided to go with this suggestion.
ry%3D400

However, our intention from the start was to share so this is what my plate actually looked like!
ry%3D400

This was a really good and enjoyable meal! Both sandwiches were tasty! The chicken however made the vegetarian sandwich very slippery and after every bit you kinda had to reassemble it! The fries were also very tasty! A word of caution though! They can be VERY HOT! I took a bite of one right after they came out and ended up burning the roof of my mouth pretty badly. It didn’t stop me from eating more though!

We are actually not much of Ice Cream people so dessert wasn’t an option for us. The Plaza is a good solid meal though and we will definitely be back!

At lunch I asked Hunter which attractions he wanted to do. I had originally had FP+ for Peter Pan but I had already ridden it in the morning and Hunter said he would pass. So with his input we changed that to Pirates of the Caribbean so that is where we headed.
ry%3D400

I wasn’t even attempting pics on this ride!

I was glad I had put my phone away too because we actually got quite wet!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

From Pirates we went to another Disney Classic
ry%3D400

The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room!

I attempted pictures but they just didn’t turn out.

From one Disney Classic we went to another!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After the shows we still had some more time to spare until our next FP+ so we got on the train for a Full Circle Tour of the Magic Kingdom!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Finally it was time for our other FP+

A Ride on Splash Mountain! I love this ride!
ry%3D400

We again had time before our third FP+ so we went to get a drink and a little snack.
ry%3D400

Onion Rings from Pecos Bills. These were hot and fresh and just right!

It was then time for our final FP+ of the Day. It was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! We took our Wild Ride in the Wilderness and then used the train to again get to the front of the park.

Getting off the train we took a bus to POR, changed clothes for dinner and turned back around to catch a bus back to MK. We then took the boat from MK to the Grand Floridian.

Stay tuned! Citrico’s is next!

I'm excited to join in the beginning of the report. I have never been to WDW, so I love to read reports with dining reports to give me ideas. I am really hoping to go in 2015! *fingers crossed* I saw you have a report of when you went to DL during Halloween, so I'm going to check that out. I really want to take my kids to Mickey's Halloween Party and I have never been, so I need to start planning.

Paula, I didn't know you started this. I will try to catch up tonight before I leave. But if I don't, I'm saving my space for when I get back.

Excellent review of Plaza! We enjoyed it very much when we went there for lunch on our last trip in July 2012. I had the veggie sandwich (not a vegetarian either, but I enjoy things like that sometimes). I loved it, and I had the chips with it which were really tasty too. DH had the cheesesteak and loved it. DS9 is allergic to shellfish (and we since found out to tree nuts and peanuts also, but that hadn't yet been discovered at the time of that trip) and Chef Ken took great care of him. He even brought out a beautiful fruit plate for the boys as an appetizer before they had their cheeseburgers. And he made a special ice cream dessert for each of them. Complete the experience with a beautiful view of the castle and it was terrific!

On our upcoming trip this July, we were originally going to go back to Plaza for lunch, but since we have never been to LTT for lunch we decided we would try that instead. Our second MK day, we have breakfast at Crystal Palace (one of our favorites) and we never have lunch after that, just a couple of snacks in the afternoon.

Looking forward to reading more!

Your plaza lunch looks wonderful : ) You all went on my 2 favorites Pirates and splash mountain ... A fun afternoon for sure. How was your weather?

The Plaza looks yummy. I've never dined there before. Loved that they recommended throwing chicken on the veggie sandwich - lol. I bet that was tasty. Btw, how was the baked potato soup? Did you sneak a bite? Have you had the baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe in DL? Are they in the same league? The baked potato soup at CC is divine.

Subbing, just found your report and love it so far!! Omg, that drink at Paradiso looked so good and it's huge!! Yup, definetly going to have to try that one.:drinking1

I love Peter Pan! One of my favorites, as long as there isn't a long standby line. :thumbsup2

Your meal at The Plaza looked great! We ate there on our trip as well!

I see you got really wet on POTC! We did too this trip. I wonder if they tweaked something?

Can't wait to read about your dinner. I will live vicariously through you.

One of these days I need to make it for rope drop at MK! It looks so fun. I just like sleep :) The Plaza looks so good. I haven't gone there yet. Maybe I will have to add it for the next trip!

Love the Plaza and the fact that you did so many MK classics during your afternoon. Splash Mountain is one ride I'm always happy to skip - despite being a bit of a thrill seeker, there is something about the drop on that ride that scares me half to death.

And where did I find him?!?!
ry%3D400

Starbucks! I am not usually a caffeine person but when I am in Disney I REALLY enjoy the Cool Lime Refreshers! He had a Iced Coffee with some add shots!

From there we headed for a Disney classic
ry%3D400

It’s a Great Big Beautiful tomorrow!! (I should have named my Trip Report that! Right Brenda?!?!)

Too funny about finding Hunter at Starbucks! I believe you may have made more than one stop there during the trip!

And YES, I'm surprised you didn't incorporate our Disney Anthem into your TR title! All it takes is Hunter singing a few bars of that song before everyone joins in. :)

The Plaza is a restaurant we had been to once before. I remembered it as being a good meal for a not very expensive price. Since we didn’t have breakfast scheduled we had an 11am ADR and arrived about 15 minutes early. We were able to check in but because we would be the first seating we had a short wait.

However, our intention from the start was to share so this is what my plate actually looked like!
ry%3D400

I didn't realize you hadn't been to Plaza more than once before this. I love the simplicity of the menu and everything has always been excellent! Your sandwich collection looks delicious. I LOVE their fries. I see no reason to get their home made chips.

That was some splash on Pirates! I don't get that wet sometimes on Splash! ;)

Hey Paula! That so terrible what happened to Hunter's bag! When we fly Rob is worried about the plane crashing and I'm worried about my luggage, so you just tapped into my worst fear. :laughing: Hope it all worked out with his damaged items.

Your first day looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you enjoyed Paradiso! I'm thinking about trying Splitsville, would you recommend it for the money?

I really need to try The Plaza. I think September might finally be the trip to do it. That's a good idea with splitting the two different sandwiches. They both look yummy and so does the soup. Looking forward to more!

Loving you review thus far, really enjoying the DR with a hint of a TR feel to it :) I have just added Paradiso 37 to our list of "to be tried" places! That corn!!!! :worship: I NEED it! Not to mention those gigantic drinks, right up our alley! Looking forward to more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter