It's Gonna Take a Miracle! (A Very Unsure PTR!)

princesspower278

Disney Memer
Your palms get clammy, your mouth dry, your eyes red. You feel like a deranged animal, like a sad junkie waiting for his next fix. You see that date on your office calendar, circled, and in large red marker: DISNEY TRIP. Oh god, the excitement! The anticipation! Heck, you haven't made your reservations yet, but who cares! That's the date you're going - you're sure of it. But... As the days roll by... You'll find you've passed "DISNEY TRIP" a long time ago, still in your office chair, full of sadness and dread. You'll never get to Disney, you say to yourself. Stop trying. Give up. Then you get an unexpected ray of hope from somewhere deep inside of you, you look at your calendar ahead several months, maybe 5 - maybe 8, and get your handy-dandy red marker. DISNEY TRIP, you triumphantly mark. You'll get there.

On and on and over again, a million times. This is the reality I've been living for almost two years. :worried: It will most certainly take a miracle to get to WDW. I hope that miracle comes soon.

I made this PTR, not to make you feel sorry for me, or to feel sorry for myself. I came to share all the good things too - I literally have everything planned out. I came here to talk to my fellow disney lovers, and get hyped. Most of all though, I did come here for a smidgen of support and good vibes. We'll get there. ::yes:: I know it.

And I'd be honored if you join along for the ride. :banana:

Our History (with some Disney Bits)
I first went to Disney in the spring of 2002. It was a train wreck. Seriously.

We were underprepared, under packed, and undernourished. We road-tripped all the way to Orlando from Chicago with the span of a couple of days for a single afternoon there. I was a toddler, who was very irritable (especially on long car trips,) who was extremely shy even to people she say everyday, and who was deathly afraid of large people in costumes (like, say, Goofy?) It was a recipe for disaster. Let me list a few things I remember staunchly from that day:

• The illness I developed there
• The god-awful sunburn
• The fear of Piglet and Pooh I may just take with me for the rest of my life
• The teacups making my mother physically sick
• The fact my parents REFUSED to take me to Toontown to see Minnie’s house
• The rain (oh lord, the rain)
• The $60 ponchos
• The fact my parents lied to me and said “the Country Bears” show was “the Berenstain Bears show.” They said ‘same difference.’ They were wrong.
• And, finally, the fact we went to a restaurant whose name I can’t remember with an animatronic host who kept repeating jokes and I got really annoyed and I asked my mom if she could “please go up there and ask him politely to get some new material.” That one was a hoot with my family.

So, after our family left Disney World, none of us had any intention of going back. It was “been there, done that.” We went almost everywhere else – SeaWorld, Six Flags, Universal Studios, you name it… but not Disney – not again.

In August 2010 we went to Universal Studios once more to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, or as we call it, Harry Potter Land. I am big fan of the books, so I got really hyped. When we went there, it was not at an on-site hotel. We stayed at a Holiday Inn, with a counter dedicated to ticket sales, park maps, brochures, etc. I saw the brochure and park map for Disney World. I took them both when we retreated to our hotel room. It was then and there I made a vow – I would go to Disney World again and have the time of my life!

When we got back home, I immediately jumped in to my Disney planning. I know where we will eat, what we will do, where we will stay… I have known for practically forever.

I’m too excited to sleep.

COMING UP: Our Itinerary

PS: I know this isn't our itinerary, but that will be the next post!

Meet the Cast:

DSC_00822.jpg

Name: Jessica (Me)
Nickname: Commonly Jess or Jessie (Jess is preferred.)
Hobbies: Obsessing over Disney, making schedules & itineraries, and writing
Favorite TV Show – Current: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Favorite TV Show – Cancelled: Phil of the Future OR That’s So Raven (Childhood memories!)
Favorite Movie: Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog (Watch it. You won’t be sorry)
Favorite Book: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Favorite Season: Fall
Favorite Song: Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey
Favorite Animal: Llama
Favorite Food: Tacos
Favorite Disney Movie: Mulan OR Hercules
Favorite Disney Song: Just Around the Riverbend

(Mom doesn't want her picture displayed - but don't fret! You'll see alot of her!

Name: Julie (Mom)
Nickname: Mom
Hobbies: Creating websites, making lists, organizing
Favorite TV Show – Current: The Big Bang Theory
Favorite TV Show – Cancelled: Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Favorite Movie: Enchanted
Favorite Book: The Secret
Favorite Season: Summer
Favorite Song: Haven’t Met You Yet by Michael Bublé
Favorite Animal: Cat
Favorite Food: Fettuccine Alfredo
Favorite Disney Movie: Enchanted (Of course)
Favorite Disney Song: Ever Ever After

Sweet girl! I hope you get to go soon! I know it's hard to hear, but you have sooo much time ahead of you to scratch your Disney itch - heck, start planning on working there in five years! You can do the college program!

I didn't discover my love for Disney until I was 30 with two children...and now I'm obsessed! So it's all good! :goodvibes

Ms. tinkalicious, I swear you should have seen the smile on my face when I finally got my first reply!! Thank you so much!!! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter