• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's early...but October 2016??? Discount Watch!

princesstinkerbelle

Princess in Training
Thought I would start a thread to watch out for October 2016 discount codes! Staying at Grand Floridian for the first time and wanted to ensure that we didn't miss out on a chance to save!!!!

(also i am just really excited)

IN on this one. Looking at mid/late October after a 2-year layoff. The comeback tour!

Good Morning! I am planning an Oct/Nov 2016 trip as well! I am a DVC member & haven't had to worry about discount codes and sales in forever but my husband gave me a dream trip for my 30th birthday- Boardwalk Inn, Club level for a week, just the two of us. I am so excited!! I'm renting out our points to pay for it. I noticed my preferred week is already totally booked at BWI CL (Oct 30 - Nov 5) so I'm most likely changing to the following week (Nov 5 - Nov 12) even though I'm still hoping for the end of Oct to open up. This may sound like a silly question, but again it's been years since I had to think like this so don't mind me, since I'm looking for such a specific room & time, can/should I book that room & then if a sale comes out later, can I add it to my room or are the discounts for new bookings only? I will be a passholder so I'm hoping between general public & passholder I will be able to get something. Also, do they normally even offer discounts for club level rooms? Thanks in advanced!

Hey Ya'll... I'm in too! We've not nailed down the date yet, but probably mid October, staying at the Poly. Keeping our fingers crossed for free dining!

Good Morning! I am planning an Oct/Nov 2016 trip as well! I am a DVC member & haven't had to worry about discount codes and sales in forever but my husband gave me a dream trip for my 30th birthday- Boardwalk Inn, Club level for a week, just the two of us. I am so excited!! I'm renting out our points to pay for it. I noticed my preferred week is already totally booked at BWI CL (Oct 30 - Nov 5) so I'm most likely changing to the following week (Nov 5 - Nov 12) even though I'm still hoping for the end of Oct to open up. This may sound like a silly question, but again it's been years since I had to think like this so don't mind me, since I'm looking for such a specific room & time, can/should I book that room & then if a sale comes out later, can I add it to my room or are the discounts for new bookings only? I will be a passholder so I'm hoping between general public & passholder I will be able to get something. Also, do they normally even offer discounts for club level rooms? Thanks in advanced!

We have our trip booked for the first week of October,my understanding is that you can add to an existing reservation, as long as it is offered at the hotel you are staying at. We are not looking for the free dining, with the way my DD eats it would cost us more in the long run to get dining. We are hoping for the room discount rates.

I’m in! Just came back from my 1st trip 2 weeks ago and need more! Going to stay at Pop Resort Oct 2-6 Can’t wait.

Last edited:
We are planning on going again for MNSSHP and the changeover to MVMCP, so looking at Nov 1 to Nov 10. Likely staying at any of the moderate resorts if free dining is offered. Preference is POFQ, but that is almost never on the list of resorts available for free dining, so ranked in preference: POR, CBR, CSR.

We are planning on a trip in oct or Nov 2016 as well.. going to stay at CBR .. I have never stayed on property before or had the chance for a dining plan since we have always stayed offsite. So I'm super excited

We booked our room via a travel agent and recd a discount of 30%. There are Oct deals if you look for them. It's not allowed to post info about the travel agent otherwise I would share it. We also got a free water park day with the room discount and purchase of two park day tix.

I'm in! Staying Columbus weekend at CR Atrium club TPV - It is a surprise for DH's 50th. So hard keeping the secret

Im surprising my Hubby for a week at Disney in Oct, he's not that good at surprising me because I tend to figure things out, so i thought why not lol He'll be so happy as Im covering everything :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter