• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's a WONDER we have any money left after the Cruise! - All done!

Great updates!

I only had eyes for the mango mountain hike....until I realised there were more pages to go. Breakfast sounds like a great selection. Hope you tasted a few off the menu.

That's fantastic theming on board leading to the Cadillac Lounge. Thanks for taking the pictures.

Nice that you and Fran won one of the bingo games and it must have been a very relaxing way of spending the time.

Looking forward to the next update!

Is that ice cream on the waffle? :faint: The croissant looks heavenly.

Glad they have a sign asking people to not eat the display. :rotfl2:

Great updates!

I only had eyes for the mango mountain hike....until I realised there were more pages to go. Breakfast sounds like a great selection. Hope you tasted a few off the menu.

That's fantastic theming on board leading to the Cadillac Lounge. Thanks for taking the pictures.

Nice that you and Fran won one of the bingo games and it must have been a very relaxing way of spending the time.

Looking forward to the next update!

You are much too healthy! I was looking for bacon and eggs every day and never actually got that because of my aversion to "precooked" eggs. I knew on the ship that Palo was the only place I could have that, although I made another discovery the next morning, but we never repeated that one.

As far as the Bingo game, anything but relaxing! They got us all so hyped up, especially once it got towards the end of the game everyone's adrenaline was pumping!

Is that ice cream on the waffle? :faint: The croissant looks heavenly.

Glad they have a sign asking people to not eat the display. :rotfl2:

Actually that was BUTTER on the waffle. Even ME had to scoop the butter off before the whole thing melted on my plate. Everything was really tasty though!

By the end of the cruise that Gingerbread house smelled so good, I wouldn't be surprised if people were trying to break off pieces to eat!

thanks for the wonderful update.... I have been on 13 different cruises and I have never played Bingo!

But maybe next time.

Everything looks great and I am happy you got to take pictures without people being around.

I really enjoyed the update. I think I even spotted one of our cast member friends in one of the Bingo photos. I really missed having Katy around on the Magic. It was great to see all the photos. I have to admit I am a little home sick for the Wonder. I can't quite picture how they fit the gingerbread house in the Promenade Lounge. On the Magic it was in the atrium near Guest Services.

Corinna

DSCN9356.jpg

DSCN9359.jpg

DSCN9361.jpg

I love this dress on you! It's very cruise-y. Thanks for posting all these food pictures.

Butter? I love real butter. Not sure I would have been able to scrape any off. It looked like ice cream which did nothing for me but butter makes everything better.

thanks for the wonderful update.... I have been on 13 different cruises and I have never played Bingo!

But maybe next time.

Everything looks great and I am happy you got to take pictures without people being around.

It was really fun. The Bingo team made it that much fun because they were silly and crazy Disney peppy.

I really enjoyed the update. I think I even spotted one of our cast member friends in one of the Bingo photos. I really missed having Katy around on the Magic. It was great to see all the photos. I have to admit I am a little home sick for the Wonder. I can't quite picture how they fit the gingerbread house in the Promenade Lounge. On the Magic it was in the atrium near Guest Services.

Corinna

It was at the Aft end, just near the Internet section next to the walkway.

I love this dress on you! It's very cruise-y. Thanks for posting all these food pictures.

Thanks, I actually have two of those dresses. I bought the first one at Sears, and then found another one at a Sears Warehouse for about $2 so once this one shrinks too much in the wash, I have a backup! :thumbsup2

Butter? I love real butter. Not sure I would have been able to scrape any off. It looked like ice cream which did nothing for me but butter makes everything better.

It was whipped butter and I'm not sure if it was real butter, the drag was that they came right over with the syrup and started pouring it on before I could spread any butter on stuff. I learned later in the trip, but like I don't like my food to touch, I have an order to how my waffles, pancakes, French toast should be "seasoned". Butter first, THEN syrup! :lmao:

I'm just joining in!! I am enjoying your TR! :) DH and I want to take a family cruise and I'm trying to decide if a Disney cruise is worth the extra money than another cruise line! I've been on a Royal Caribbean Cruise before and we just took our first trip to WDW!

I'm just joining in!! I am enjoying your TR! :) DH and I want to take a family cruise and I'm trying to decide if a Disney cruise is worth the extra money than another cruise line! I've been on a Royal Caribbean Cruise before and we just took our first trip to WDW!

Welcome! :welcome: Disney cruises are a little pricier than the rest, but we really enjoy all the Disney touches. Our home is filled with Disney stuff, so we sort of think that our cruises should be too!

After my photo shoot with Ariel we headed to the top deck or next to top deck to get some more grub. Again, it would be a long time until dinner.

I got my first Drink of the Day for the Cruise

DSCN9366.jpg

DSCN9367.jpg

We went to Plutos Dog House for our second lunch.

DSCN9368.jpg

Mine, Bratwurst

DSCN9369.jpg

Frans, regular dog

DSCN9370.jpg

The whole thing all dressed up

DSCN9371.jpg

We came back to the room to find some more FE gifts. These were filled with tootsie rolls, Fran liked that!

DSCN9373.jpg

DSCN9374.jpg

And Lucifer was guarding the bed.

DSCN9375.jpg

Our Concierge perk snack had arrived. There were two more on here, but we couldnt resist before taking the picture!

DSCN9377.jpg

One of the things they were doing for our day at sea was offering a silent auction. By this day, the gal running the artwork knew Fran was an easy target and made sure that she knew about the auction. She placed the minimum bid on a painting called. Underwater Mickey

She sent me down to the artwork section of the ship to check and see if she was outbid, and I discover that she had also purchased another painting of Pirate Mickey. We have a pirate Mickey balancing on one leg on a Rum Keg in our house currently, and this picture will go perfect with that one in our new house. Nice, huh?

DSCN9578.jpg

She won the painting, and this is all I got. I didnt take a picture until well after the thing had been taken down and my picture was only of a picture in a book. So sorry about the quality.

DSCN9747.jpg

Of course she won the auction and I went back to the room to let her know about the win. By this time the sun was setting and I went out on the Balcony to take some pictures.

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

And the moonlit ocean

IMG_4212.jpg

Fran continued to do more of this

DSCN9382.jpg

Dinner tonight was again at Tritons and I finally got a good shot of the mural with the Big Camera

IMG_4213.jpg

This is Fran with our server Ridwan

IMG_4214.jpg

Our server got to know my obsession with food, and the pairing of the wine. They had brought me tonights menu the previous night so that I could choose a good bottle of wine to go with tonights dinner. I had already selected my choices the previous night, but here is the menu.

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

By the second night, I had the servers trained to bring me the following night’s menu so that I could better plan my wine purchases. Since I knew from the previous night exactly what I was going to be having I had ordered this wine to go with my first few courses, and the bread service.

IMG_4222.jpg

Fran started off with the Chilled Prawns. I imagine she liked these well enough since she finished them off.

IMG_4223.jpg

I got the Applewood Smoked Bacon and Wild Mushroom Tart. Now this was something completely different than I expected. It was quite good, but I had no idea what to expect and nothing like I thought it would be.

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

Both of us had the French Onion Soup

IMG_4228.jpg

For the Entrée, Fran had the Sea Bass on a Mushroom Risotto, I’m pretty sure that she liked it since she finished it off.

IMG_4229.jpg

I had the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese, it was good, but not WOW! Good and creamy, it could have used more sauce.

IMG_4230.jpg

It appears that I didn’t get a picture of the dessert menu for this evening. I’m not sure what Fran had, but it was some kind of chocolate mousse or pudding cake kind of a thing. I’m assuming that she liked itl

IMG_4231.jpg

My dessert was EPIC! I love a Grand Mariner Souffle and I had been looking forward to this dessert ever since we booked the cruise and before that! It was so good that I ordered a second one!

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

Fran ended up sticking around at the internet Café to read her email since the signal was faster there than in our room. I came back to find our towel animal

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

I took a bath and was in bed before Fran made it back from the Internet Café.

Welcome! :welcome: Disney cruises are a little pricier than the rest, but we really enjoy all the Disney touches. Our home is filled with Disney stuff, so we sort of think that our cruises should be too!

LOL I have been totally bitten by the Disney bug! I am already trying to convince DH to let me plan our next WDW vacation and we haven't even been back a week yet!

So how many kids did you run into while on the ship? How many we're around during dinner?

I think I want us to take a Disney cruise but I am just worried about the amount of kids... Being child free changes you outlook on vacations.

LOL I have been totally bitten by the Disney bug! I am already trying to convince DH to let me plan our next WDW vacation and we haven't even been back a week yet!

The best way to get over Post Disney Depression is to plan another trip! :thumbsup2

So how many kids did you run into while on the ship? How many we're around during dinner?

I think I want us to take a Disney cruise but I am just worried about the amount of kids... Being child free changes you outlook on vacations.

There were kids on the ship definitely. There was one day when there was a whole gaggle of them in line for the Princess Meet and Greet in the Lobby. Also Mickey's pool was filled with them, however, other than that I really didn't see a lot of them other than going up and down the stairs or elevators with their parents. We were at the second seating for dinner, and there was a young girl at the table next to us, but she was well behaved and mostly colored at the table while waiting for dinner to come.

There were some at the Bingo game, when they called certain numbers they had a little schtick that they would do. On B11 (their favorite number), they would play Beyonce's song, "All the Bingo ladies", a couple of the kids would come up and dance with them. Other than those places, we really didn't see many kids.

One kid tried to come talk to her mother while they were eating at Palo, and the manager chased her out of there. The mother had to go out of the restaurant to talk to her. They didn't allow them at the adult pool, and even the family pool was relatively quiet. Perhaps if we had done some of the family activities like Trivia, the Drawing classes, or the Gingerbread House making class I might have seen more of them. Never once (except looking at the Mickey pool) did I ever think, "Oh my gosh, there are just way too many kids here."

Never once (except looking at the Mickey pool) did I ever think, "Oh my gosh, there are just way too many kids here."
:rotfl2: I had that moment, too, walking by the Family Hot Tub on a cool day in Canada, and all I could think of was "KID SOUP":rotfl2:! But I agree with you that DCL is really good about keeping adult spaces kid-free.
(BTW I think that those fancy cars would look extra special with you and your Disney Diamond jewelry posing in the front seat!!!)

I am just loving seeing the Wonder through your eyes. She is absolutely gorgeous. I just ate lunch and am hungry again. So many delicious things to eat! Mom felt the same way about the soufflé. She couldn't stop raving about it, thought it was the best dessert of the cruise.

Pirate Mickey is too cute!!

Dinner looked lovely, I can't recall what we had at Triton's but believe I liked the meal. Ambiance wise it is my least favorite on the Wonder but I did enjoy our meal there. Fun FE gifts and paintings!

I love the Pirate Mickey painting. I also love the Grand Marnier Souffle, but missed out on this on our most recent cruise as we were at Palo that night. Still, I should be able to get it twice on our back to back cruise.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter