It's a SO-LO trip report! Oct 09, CR/YC, MNSSHP, F&W, and Independence! FINAL UPDATE!

OH

MY

GIBBLETS!

That's horrible! I felt so bad for that little girl. AND for you! I can't even fathom such a thing. It would break my heart to have my girls be scared of their daddy.

Man.

You handled it amazingly. And you showed that girl through your actions that there are still good people in the world and that you don't have to respond in anger when you are wronged. (Lessons to which she is no doubt unaccustomed.) Perhaps it was no accident that you crossed her path.

Just....Wow.

Poor kid.

Great installment though Nory. You clearly were not in the wrong and your inner beauty shone forth that day.

Well done my friend. Well done indeed.

I think I'll go check in on the girls and give them one more kiss on the cheek before I head to bed.

Night all!

Thanks, Biscuit. It's funny...I really can't remember what the mean man looked like -- even by later that day I'd blocked his appearance out. But I vividly remember his daughter, because she made me so sad. I just wished I could scoop her up and give her a big hug (and a Mickey pin)!

In order to completely escape from the evil clutches of The Mean, Mean Man, I decided to leave DHS. I strolled (slowly, this time) over to Epcot, and as soon as I arrived there, I felt much better. Much, much better. Possibly because I immediately headed to France and sucked down this:
985704269_X87RS-L.jpg

I wanted a slushie, but the WS had just opened and the slushie machine wasn’t properly slushing yet. I’m pretty sure this was a pomegranate kir, or something like that. Whatever it was, it was yummy, and both physically and emotionally restorative.

I also had this:
985691623_nmHYb-L.jpg

Cabernet Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes

It looks kinda gross in the picture, but it was delicious; I don’t know if it was because I desperately wanted comfort in that moment (and we all know comfort is best delivered in food form, assuming hugs aren’t available), or if it was because, since the WS had just opened, it was extra fresh, but this was possibly the best F&W dish I had my whole trip.

Then I stopped at the New Orleans booth and had:
985690730_tpSpn-L.jpg

Chicken and Andouille Gumbo—probably would’ve looked better if I’d stirred it up for the picture
This was OK, not as spicy as I would’ve liked, and too much rice for the portion size.

and
985708150_gwxrS-L.jpg

Praline Bread Pudding, Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Again, this was fine, nothing to write home about. Too sweet. And I like sweet.

I got a FP for KimPossible, which I thought sounded like lots of fun. And I knew I wanted to see the American Adventure, because I’d never managed to get to it before. I had some time to kill before the next show, so I walked around WS—which was blessedly empty, compared to the F&W evenings—taking pictures.

985702920_NEnX5-L.jpg

The site that will forever be known as “The Place Where Lurkyloo Got Married”

985705248_A4k78-L.jpg

Wouldn’t it be nice if Italy had a gondola ride?

985689939_gfSvs-L.jpg

I’m not always so into blatant displays of patriotism, but these guys were pretty darn cool.

I stupidly bought a frozen cappuccino that I ended up having to throw away when they wouldn’t let me bring it into the America building.
985699101_K8NFH-L.jpg

It was good while it lasted, anyway.

Beverage-free, I was soon on my way to The American Adventure.
985709181_xHK6e-L.jpg

985706122_SbNq8-L.jpg

985697651_buuEX-L.jpg

985688743_atbTQ-L.jpg

985703544_iaion-L.jpg

I loved the show. It was exciting, and moving, and absorbing…much better than The Hall of Presidents, I thought.

I caught the tail end of the Voices of Liberty on my way out; they’re amazing! My mom and I sat on the floor for their show the previous May, and one of the singers sang a whole song to my mom, kneeling in front of her and holding her hand. Good thing my dad wasn’t there, because I think she was pretty smitten!
985694445_VtJRJ-L.jpg

Now it was time for my date with Wade.
985692461_SxjeD-L.jpg

You might find this strange, considering we don’t have any kids, but DH and I actually went through a brief KimPossible phase a few years back. So I was pretty excited for my mission! My Kimmunicator directed me to Germany.

985699797_VbRVG-L.jpg

The random rooftops of Germany

Unfortunately, I thought the mission was just eh. I felt a little silly, walking around with the Kimmunicator—I would’ve been more comfortable if I could’ve held it to my ear like an actual phone, but they don’t give you any control over the volume, and it’s set loudly enough for all the people around you to hear it, too. Way too loud to hold at your ear and not damage your hearing! I kept getting funny looks from other people (it’s possible that the Mean, Mean Man Incident had made me more sensitive to this than I would have been otherwise). The “challenges” were just too simple for an adult, though I can see kids loving them. I did get a kick out of the “drop-box,” where I was directed to leave the Kimmunicator at the end—it was cleverly disguised as something else in Germany (I won’t spoil it for you, just in case). When I got home I learned on the DIS that Germany is the worst country of all the KimPossible missions, so maybe I’ll try it again someday in another one.

Defeating the KimPossible villains spurred my appetite, so after I turned in my Kimmunicator I picked up one of these at the Germany kiosk:
985693323_jmW68-L.jpg

Nuernberger Sausage on a Pretzel Roll—I actually don’t remember how this tasted, but it involved pretzel and sausage, so how could it possibly not have been delicious?

another mango lassi from the India kiosk:
692807566_GTwDV-L.jpg

and a strawberry shortcake from the Desserts kiosk:
985698410_WfZoQ-L.jpg

The strawberries were perfect, but the cake—usually the best part of shortcake to me—was too dry

Then, I was very full.

I poked around the UK a bit, but it was hot (it got in the 90s for the first time in my trip this day) and I was too tired for much exploration, plus it was quickly getting busy. I decided it was time to say goodbye to Epcot, and goodbye to the parks, for this trip, anyway!
985709967_4pomc-L.jpg

I headed back to the YC and picked up my luggage from bell services. As I was changing into my traveling clothes in the lobby bathroom, I randomly got a bloody nose (!)—it just wasn’t my day. Luckily it stopped in pretty short order, and I hung out in the lobby for a half hour or so, until it was time to leave on the ME.

I was ready to go home, but I was so happy I’d had such an amazing trip!

(There is nothing interesting to say about the ME trip to MCO, except this: there was a commercial on the radio for a shooting range where “women shoot free on Wednesdays!” I thought that was hilarious.)

OK, that’s it, the end of my first TR. I had a real blast writing it; thanks so much to you all for reading along!

Now, before you start crying over the loss, I have good news: I just started another TR, about the trip I took with my mom this past May. So please come visit me there! Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers: May ’10, Nory and Mom Escape to the World.

I also have an embarrassingly slow-moving PTR in the works for my upcoming October trip…if you stop by, maybe it’ll get more interesting? It’s a SO-LO PTR (Nory makes it a tradition!).

It was truly wonderful to meet you all—see you real soon!

Beautiful last update norybell! So many emotions and yummy food in a day :goodvibes

Too bad it wasn't the best of your days, but thanks for sharing it with us!

This has been one of the most interesting, funny and entertaining TRs I've read! Congratulations! :thumbsup2

Great job on the TR Nory! I've enjoyed it.

This last chapter was great with all of the food pictures! That sausage...holy cow.

I have yet to catch the American Adventure, but love Voices of Liberty.

I remember that Strawberry Shortcake being dry too. Not just you!

Heading over to your other reports like a good sheep ::yes::

Tribilín;38157030 said:
Beautiful last update norybell! So many emotions and yummy food in a day :goodvibes

Too bad it wasn't the best of your days, but thanks for sharing it with us!

This has been one of the most interesting, funny and entertaining TRs I've read! Congratulations! :thumbsup2
Thanks, Tribilin! I guess I couldn't expect every day of my trip to be perfect, could I?

Great job on the TR Nory! I've enjoyed it.

This last chapter was great with all of the food pictures! That sausage...holy cow.

I have yet to catch the American Adventure, but love Voices of Liberty.
Thanks, glennbo. Yeah, that is some sausage (hee hee). Clearly someday I will have to get to Biergarten.

American Adventure is really cool (plus nice and relaxing when you've been out in the park all day); I highly recommend it!

I remember that Strawberry Shortcake being dry too. Not just you!

Heading over to your other reports like a good sheep ::yes::
Well, glennbo said I wasn't marketing my PTR effectively enough, so I figured I'd better do my best to herd you all over there, before I lost my chance. Baa! :lmao:

Hey Norybell!

Great wrap up!

:cheer2:

Love the photos from your morning romp through the WS. Sorrr to hear about the nasal disharge. That's never a good thing. Can't wait to check out your other TR. I'll be that way here in a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter