Sung to the tune of Its a Small World: Some said she was nuts, Some said she was strange, Off to Disney World, All alone, at her age. But with no kids in tow, Oh the joys she will know, Its a SO-LO trip report! Its a solo trip report, Its a solo trip report, Etc. With no one to rush And no one to slow, She sets her own pace, And goes with the flow, So much to do and see Cuz she sure loves Disney, In this SO-LO trip report! Its a solo trip report, Its a solo trip report, Etc. etc. etc. (I apologize for putting that song in your heads, but hey, I needed to start out with something catchy, right?) Thanks for stopping by to check out my first-ever trip report! I promise it will be updated with regularity (hopefully), wit (maybe), and lots of photos (definitely). To help you decide whether you should keep on reading, heres a snappy little summary: I just returned from five days on my own at the World. The whole trip felt kind of unbelievableafter months of obsessive DIS reading and planning and futile attempts to convince everyone I know that I wasnt crazy for going to Disney World alone (especially when Id just been there in May) and planning and dreams of how it would be and, yes, more planning, I was finally there! Since I couldnt decide on only one resort, I spent two nights at the Contemporary and two nights at the Yacht Club. I spent more time at the parks than I ever have in one trip, and I was amazed by how short the lines were I rarely waited more than five minutes for anything! I went to MNSSHP and snacked at F&W. I made it to three out of five of my ADRs. I kept some, but not nearly all, of my plans. I met some wonderful strangers, and some very nice CMs. In general, people didnt seem particularly rude or not-rude, just normal (as in, sure, some flash photos and line cutting and whatnot, but not too much of it). And I only had one negative experience the entire time (involving an incident with a truly mean man on my last morning), but I'll have to leave you in suspense on that one. All in all, it was a truly amazing adventure, and totally different from going to WDW with others. Not better or worse, necessarily, just different. And I loved it. Ill definitely go solo again someday. Still here? Interested? Well come on then, lets go! TABLE OF CONTENTS (for your reading ease and pleasure) *** A Little History Monday, October 19 Who Needs More than Three Hours Sleep?: Flight to MCO DAAAH-LING, This Room is Oh-So Con-TEM-porary A Lovely Walk: Epcot Part I On the Monorail: Break at CR, and Epcot Part II The Grossest Sandwich in the World: An Ill-Fated Dinner and EMH at the MK Tuesday, October 20 With No One to Wake Me Up, Will I Make it to Rope Drop?: A Magic (Kingdom) Morning Lunch, Island Exploration, and Frustration over a Hat: More Magic (Kingdom) Morning In Pursuit of Future Savings, I Take a Stroll through Dixie-Land Where, Oh Where Have the Queuing Lines Gone?: MNSSHP Part I A Mini Non-Update about Pins Boo to You! A Case of Mistaken (Parental) Identity: MNSSHP Part II Wednesday, October 21 A Lazy(ish) Morning and a Hotel Switch: Checking out of the CR and in to the YC "I Wanna Be Where the Thrill Rides Are": 90% of a DHS Day Rockin Roller Coaster = Walk-on Roller Coaster: The Remaining 10% of my DHS Day An Ethiopian/Indian/South African Meal, and Some New Disney Friends An Unexpectedly Social Evening Thursday, October 22 9 to 5 at the Animal Kingdom: The First Hour Animal Kingdom: The Second Hour Animal Kingdom, the Third Hour (a.k.a., Lunch) A WDW-Show Virgin Decides It's Finally the Perfect Moment Nory Falls in Love at Animal Kingdom Animal Kingdom, the Final Hour Even Better than an Update: Wedding Pics! One Night at Epcot is Never Enough--Let's Have Another (Part I) One Night at Epcot is Never Enough--Let's Have Another (Part II) Friday, October 23 The Story of the Mean, Mean Man I Recover from the Trauma. Sort of. The Final Update (and a Link to My New TR)!