• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It is so hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
My mom thinks I am putting my health at risk but I can't explain why I can't miss, or let's just say if I do my team members are at risk and it is not fair to them

I am not understanding. You are sick and don't want to miss work? Why can't you miss and why would your team members be at risk? At risk for what? We need more info to help!

My mom thinks I am putting my health at risk but I can't explain why I can't miss, or let's just say if I do my team members are at risk and it is not fair to them

What are your team members at risk of? I don't think you should be putting your own health at risk for someone else so I'm inclined to side with your mom. However, I'm not really clear on what you are talking about as far as risks go.

What are your team members at risk of? I don't think you should be putting your own health at risk for someone else so I'm inclined to side with your mom. However, I'm not really clear on what you are talking about as far as risks go.

I don't know how to say with out getting in trouble but having a third person if very helpful not to sound egotistic

I am not contagious however it screws with my menial health everything from suicide thoughts to to seeing "friends"

I am not contagious however it screws with my menial health everything from suicide thoughts to to seeing "friends"

If you're having suicidal thoughts or difficulties functioning at work, then it is BETTER for your team to have you gone while you seek help for those problems. Better to have you gone temporarily than PERMANENTLY. Please take the time you need. As has been said time and time and time again on your threads - you are a VOLUNTEER. You are not paid to be there. Do what you have to do for yourself.

If you're having suicidal thoughts or difficulties functioning at work, then it is BETTER for your team to have you gone while you seek help for those problems. Better to have you gone temporarily than PERMANENTLY. Please take the time you need. As has been said time and time and time again on your threads - you are a VOLUNTEER. You are not paid to be there. Do what you have to do for yourself.

I can work around it it is not my first rodeo (sp)

Have you talked with your boss? Are you able to approach him/her and speak in confidence?

Are they counting you in the ratio of student to teachers? If they are, they aren't supposed to be doing so.

Other than that, I don't quite understand the risk you would be causing if you aren't there. I mean another person is always valuable when working with kids but if your mental health is at risk, that is more important than your team having to work harder.

Does the school have a Christmas break? I hope so, sounds like you need a break and need to take care of yourself.

Do you mean like hallucinations? If so, that and suicidal thoughts puts you at risk, especially around children. Sometimes you have to put yourself first, no matter how missed you might be.

Do you mean like hallucinations? If so, that and suicidal thoughts puts you at risk, especially around children. Sometimes you have to put yourself first, no matter how missed you might be.

Did not know that considering I don't act on anything I have come so far in the past ten years

Are they counting you in the ratio of student to teachers? If they are, they aren't supposed to be doing so. Other than that, I don't quite understand the risk you would be causing if you aren't there. I mean another person is always valuable when working with kids but if your mental health is at risk, that is more important than your team having to work harder. Does the school have a Christmas break? I hope so, sounds like you need a break and need to take care of yourself.

No more like behavior

Other than that, I don't quite understand the risk you would be causing if you aren't there. I mean another person is always valuable when working with kids but if your mental health is at risk, that is more important than your team having to work harder.

The bolded x1000. OP, please don't worry about anyone else, take the time you need for you.

what kind of "friends" do you see ?, does anyone in your circle of people who love you want you to go to a hospital until you get stable? they know you and love you but just reading this sounds real serious . mental issues are serious

what kind of "friends" do you see ?, does anyone in your circle of people who love you want you to go to a hospital until you get stable? they know you and love you but just reading this sounds real serious . mental issues are serious

No I am in councling (sp)

As a parent I would prefer you get the help you need. If you are around children they may sense it. It is amazing what kids can sense. I'm sending you lots of pixie dust that you feel better soon. It's important for all of us to take care of ourselves and sometimes we have to put others first.

Feel better soon

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

From all of you combined posts it sounds like you should quit your volunteer position. I know you enjoy it but you don't sound mentally capable to be there.

I am sure parents would be very upset to hear their children are around someone having suicidal thoughts and hallucinations.

If the place you volunteer needs staff bad enough they will hire extra workers.

Do this for yourself. Relax and get well. You can have such a great life without all the stress you put on yourself.

Did not know that considering I don't act on anything I have come so far in the past ten years

Tinkerbell, I know that you have some difficulty with communicating so I want to make sure I emphasize that I am saying this with sincerity, not cruelty:

If I was a parent of a child in the class in which you volunteer, and I got wind that you were having suicidal thoughts and hallucinations but were not willing to skip work in order to take time for yourself, I would contact the principal and tell them I didn't want you around my child. I see that you're in counseling which is great and you have every right to volunteer as someone not dealing with those mental health issues, but part of your position should be taking care of those children, and even if you've controlled the situation thus far, if your family is concerned that work might be hurting you, I think you owe it to your family, the children, and certainly yourself to take the days off you need to regroup and focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter