It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year – an offsite, non-Disney, Christmas TR

ooh that Christmas meal package sounds right up our alley. Did you get it online at SW's website or get in park? And, any passholder discount for it? I would definitely buy it for my crew.

Awesome pictures, once again.

If my memory is correct...

-- the Christmas Village dining package was $21 and not eligible for the passmember discount. It included one entree and one non-alcoholic beverage (from any of the restaurants that participate in the all day dining OR from one of the food kiosks in the Christmas Village), the souvenir mug filled with hot chocolate and one snack from the Christmas Village.

-- the Christmas Show Reserved Seating package was $24 and included reserved seating for Oh Wondrous Night, Winter Wonderland on Ice, and Shamu's Christmas Miracles plus a meal (one entree and one drink) from any of the restaurants that participate in the all day dining program (so basically from anywhere but Sharks Underwater Grill, Dine with Shamu, or the new Pretzel Kitchen). This one we received 10% off as passmembers.

Both packages were pre-purchased online in advance of our visit. We thought both were excellent values and would totally buy them again! We had contemplated purchasing the all day dining ($31.49 per person with the passmember discount), but having the two meals + the reserved seating + the souvenir mug + the Christmas Village snack was much better option for just a few dollars more ($42.60 pp total which includes 10% off the Christmas seating portion).

Thanks for that. I will have to check the website much closer to Christmas, as I don't think they post that yet. Agree, both seem like a good value. We've used our passes for platinum seating, and that's been great, and no extra cost. I don't remember seeing it during the holiday, but I think I remember having it for the Christmas show, and that was awesome.

All caught up!

Wow, the behind-the-scenes tour sounds awesome, what a gift to have a friend do that for you!

These Christmas events at SW look fabulous..definitely taking notes for 2016 ;)

What a lovely day. We leave for our trip tomorrow and you report has helped increase the excitement. Although it looks like we will have much cooler weather than you did.

Oh man, I'm glad you enjoyed the A 'Capella group as the ice skating pre show. I felt embarrassed for them. There was also an all male A' Cappella group that preformed for Christmas over by Polar Express; which seemed like they were an actual group and did great. These 5, while they all obviously seemed like fantastic singers (better than I could ever do by far) but I also felt like they had 2 maybe 3 practices together as a group and I (I saw the show a few times, to say the least) felt like they were all trying to out sing each other rather than actually harmonizing with each other. :scared:

I am loving these Seaworld reports! We are planning trip for December, will definitely be seeing Oh wonderous night. Your pictures are amazing, love the pictures of you and the family the best, your love for each other just shines through. You graduated in 1991?! You are still a baby!

Thanks for that. I will have to check the website much closer to Christmas, as I don't think they post that yet. Agree, both seem like a good value. We've used our passes for platinum seating, and that's been great, and no extra cost. I don't remember seeing it during the holiday, but I think I remember having it for the Christmas show, and that was awesome.

Yeah, I doubt you'll see anything about the Christmas dining (or any holiday add-ons) until probably mid-November at best. SeaWorld doesn't release that kind of stuff super early, unfortunately. Don't forget about Santa's Fireside Feast, too. If your kiddos aren't too grown up for dinner with Santa & Mrs. Claus, it looks like it would be awesome too!

All caught up!

Wow, the behind-the-scenes tour sounds awesome, what a gift to have a friend do that for you!

These Christmas events at SW look fabulous..definitely taking notes for 2016 ;)

Good girl....its never too early to start planning! Only 325 until Christmas 2016 :santa: .

What a lovely day. We leave for our trip tomorrow and you report has helped increase the excitement. Although it looks like we will have much cooler weather than you did.

Have an awesome, amazing and fabulous time!! I will keep my fingers crossed that Mother Nature smiles on you with lots of sunshine and warm weather :sunny: . Save travel and have fun!! :goodvibes

How many wives does he have? I hope not more than 7.

Is that 7 plus me, or 7 including me? :scratchin

Oh man, I'm glad you enjoyed the A 'Capella group as the ice skating pre show. I felt embarrassed for them. There was also an all male A' Cappella group that preformed for Christmas over by Polar Express; which seemed like they were an actual group and did great. These 5, while they all obviously seemed like fantastic singers (better than I could ever do by far) but I also felt like they had 2 maybe 3 practices together as a group and I (I saw the show a few times, to say the least) felt like they were all trying to out sing each other rather than actually harmonizing with each other. :scared:

Oh dear....no, we didn't find them unpleasant at all!! Maybe they got better over the course of the season?

Of course, I can't carry a tune in a bucket.....perhaps I am tone deaf and that's why they sounded so good to me? :rotfl:

I am loving these Seaworld reports! We are planning trip for December, will definitely be seeing Oh wonderous night. Your pictures are amazing, love the pictures of you and the family the best, your love for each other just shines through. You graduated in 1991?! You are still a baby!

Aw, thank you my friend. My boys are easy to love. They have such good hearts, and we never lose sight of how blessed we are to have each other.

Ah yes, 1991....it seems like a lifetime ago!! Here's your giggle for the night: a photo of me and my three best friends on our last day of high school. Look at that BIG hair :scared: .

I love it! Now I know we are related somehow, I had the same exact hair in the 1980s!

Hahahahaha I love it!!! I think those might be actual pennies in your friends penny loafers. I was just telling my kids about that the other day.:rotfl2:
I had massive bangs as well. I remember having to be excused from Science class because it was really hot and the hairspray in my hair had dripped into my eyes.:crazy2::rotfl2:

Is that 7 plus me, or 7 including me? :scratchin
It would be 7 including you....there only 7 nights in a week.

I already know about the yellow wife. I've seen pictures of the yellow babies. In case you didn't know... they were smuggled back to Canada, head first in a suitcase.

I already know about the yellow wife. I've seen pictures of the yellow babies. In case you didn't know... they were smuggled back to Canada, head first in a suitcase.
No silly, there are no female Minions (seriously, look up the reason why, or did I learn that here from Gina?) Minions reproduce through mitosis. But I do expect that they often travel about hiding in suitcases.

Looking at that picture of Jake, I'd be sniffing his hot chocolate to be sure that was all that was in the cup...

Interesting school photo. So Barney the purple dinosaur met Figment and had a child that was the mascot of your school?

I love it! Now I know we are related somehow, I had the same exact hair in the 1980s!

Can you believe I was stupid enough to PERM my hair back then? :scared: I still have no idea what I was thinking (or why someone didn't stop me!!).

Hahahahaha I love it!!! I think those might be actual pennies in your friends penny loafers. I was just telling my kids about that the other day.:rotfl2:
I had massive bangs as well. I remember having to be excused from Science class because it was really hot and the hairspray in my hair had dripped into my eyes.:crazy2::rotfl2:

Ah yes, the teased bangs :rolleyes1. Good for a whole bottle of hairspray a week! Definitely a hazard when it came to June and the humidity kicked in :rotfl:.

Cute HS picture! You look the same :)

Oh, you sweet woman :teeth: . Even thought its completely false, its delightful of you to say!! :cutie:

Now, now.....they weren't smuggled. They traveled third class. Let me remind you the October adoptees cost me $35 for their plane fare PLUS 40% exchange!!

No silly, there are no female Minions (seriously, look up the reason why, or did I learn that here from Gina?) Minions reproduce through mitosis. But I do expect that they often travel about hiding in suitcases.

Looking at that picture of Jake, I'd be sniffing his hot chocolate to be sure that was all that was in the cup...

Interesting school photo. So Barney the purple dinosaur met Figment and had a child that was the mascot of your school?

LOL, Jake's cup was completely child-friendly. He's still got another year before he can enjoy something a little more.....mellowing?.....while in the USA.

You're not far off on the mascot. I was a proud ENSS Blue Dragon :thumbsup2 . Thankfully, not only have the hairstyles improved from the 90s, so has the logo. Its much less corny looking now:

https://twitter.com/enssonline

Christmas Day, the final chapter :santa::

Arriving at Shamu Stadium, it was a festively-organized chaos as the masses found their way down the various sets stairs and into their seats. Once again we found ourselves completely thrilled with our reserved seating purchase, securing ourselves a spectacular view in the first row of the reserved area, just behind the last row of the designated splash zone. SeaWorld team members were walking up and down the aisles merrily passing out candy canes to guests, which I thought was a thoughtful touch on Christmas night.

The pre-show entertainment at this location was an absolutely amazing saxophonist :thumbsup2 ... this guy had some incredible talent. Shamu Stadium was softly lit for this event in such a way that it felt rather elegant, so this choice of entertainment was a completely perfect fit for that very sophisticated vibe. As the end of the night grew closer we were feeling rather mellow and reflective…..I was thinking of my mom especially, as she had tried to call us during the Winter Wonderland on Ice show, but with the music and crowds I knew calling her back would have to wait until after we exited the park…..and the smooth tones of the Christmas carols emanating from the saxophone were both soothing and quite beautiful. It probably felt more like Christmas right then than at any other point in the day….and that’s saying something, considering all that we had done. Despite the sheer numbers of people in that stadium, when that music started…..all was calm, all was bright :angel:.

I took very few photos of the show itself, for a couple of reasons. For one, the lighting made it difficult to capture really good shots of the whales … but I also really just wanted to soak up these final minutes of our Christmas Day, with my guys on either side of me, without peering through a lens. I wanted to hold Steve’s hand, not the camera. It was more important for me to really enjoy those moments than capture them.

The show itself had a great message. As you can guess from the show title, it focused on miracles: Seeing them. Appreciating them. Being them for other people. It was very touching, very sincere, and really stirred up all the softest emotions of the heart. Unlike the SeaWorld Summer Night’s feature (Shamu Light Up the Night) it wasn’t a fast-paced, loud, groove-in-your-seat and clap along kind of show. It was peaceful and serene and very, very reflective….the perfect adaptation, SeaWorld-style, of the true spirit of the holiday season :cloud9:.

It was over too soon :sad:.

It was an organized, efficient exit to the parking lot. As the music softly played from the park speakers, we joined the stream of people filing across the bridge, through the Waterfront, to the front of the park and finally back to the Equinox. SeaWorld team members were expertly stationed all along the route to ensure the exodus to the entrance kept safely moving, and bidding guests a final Merry Christmas as they passed by. With our weary legs starting to feel the burn of navigating the park from open to close, we were very appreciative of the superb parking spot that we secured that morning just a few rows from the exit. Once inside the Equinox, we called my mom and indulged in a fairly lengthy group chat via speakerphone as we made the drive back to the resort. She missed us painfully, and that was tough to hear. I wished I could have reached through the phone and hugged her :hug:.

Back at the Vistana, we were too tuckered to even bother to go down for one last night at the pool. I started a load of laundry, washing it before bed so that I could dry it in the morning. Tomorrow night, we would return to the frosty north….but not until we’d squeeze out all the enjoyment we could from one more partial day in the Florida sun.

I think we all fell asleep within seconds of our heads hitting the pillows. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

Can you believe I was stupid enough to PERM my hair back then? :scared: I still have no idea what I was thinking (or why someone didn't stop me!!).
Everyone permed their hair back then.....or so I'm told, I wasn't born yet. :rolleyes1

Ah yes, the teased bangs :rolleyes1. Good for a whole bottle of hairspray a week! Definitely a hazard when it came to June and the humidity kicked in :rotfl:.
Also very flammable

Now, now.....they weren't smuggled. They traveled third class. Let me remind you the October adoptees cost me $35 for their plane fare PLUS 40% exchange!!
I hardly call being wrapped in a trash bag and taped up third class. It actually sounds like you were disposing of a body.

Everyone permed their hair back then.....or so I'm told, I wasn't born yet. :rolleyes1

Mmmm hmmmm :rolleyes2 ......how old did you say your oldest offspring is?

Also very flammable

Speaking from experience, I would guess? ;)

:offtopic: yet true story: my mom set her hair on fire when we were kids. She leaned over to light the barbecue and whoosh! Her hair caught fire so quickly. Thankfully, we were able to put it out the flames (and her skin wasn't burned at all) but the smell of her hair burning :crazy2: .... just the worst smell you can imagine.

I hardly call being wrapped in a trash bag and taped up third class. It actually sounds like you were disposing of a body.

Geez, for someone who has a hard time with details like the year they were born, you sure have a good memory when it comes to my trip report specifics!!

Saturday, December 26th: our final day.

Check-out mornings are always busy, busy, busy. We had to be out of the villa by 10 am, so there was no sleeping in for anyone. Steve brewed coffee while I tossed the laundry from the night prior into the dryer and grabbed the first shower. It was a whirlwind of activity, as it always is on that last morning, as the laundry was dried, clothes and souvenirs were packed with care, and we dragged all of our worldly possessions down the stairs to the Equinox. Thankfully we had no issues with luggage space or weight, so all the clothing and treasures that we purchased or won were able to fit nicely within the suitcases and carry-ons :thumbsup2. It's been a couple of vacations since that WASN'T an issue, so it was a nice change!

We had no balance to cover for any charges at the resort, so we had no need to pay a visit to the Welcome Center on departure. With 15 or 20 minutes to spare we handed off our room keys to the security gate and made our way out of the Vistana lots for the final time this trip and headed in search of breakfast. Since it was super close and Jake was craving chicken (teenaged male stomachs….they are in a league all their own :sick:), we opted for Chick-fil-A which was located right next door to SVR.

This is yet another place that we often wonder how they are able to offer their meals so inexpensively :confused:. I somehow managed to lose my receipt, but I clearly remember that the total for our meal was under $19 with tax. Steve and I each ordered a platter that included scrambled eggs, fried chicken, a warm biscuit, and country gravy:

Jake opted for a breakfast sandwich and hash browns. He flatly refused to smile for this picture on a matter of principle: he didn’t want anyone to think he was at all happy about the prospect of returning home :snooty:.

We added an extra order of hash browns to share, plus a bottle milk for each of us. And all under 20 bucks! Crazy :crazy2:. The food itself was fine….nothing spectacular, but perfectly acceptable (especially considering the price) and the location was definitely convenient. We were sufficiently fueled for our morning adventures at Fun Spot America on the north end of International Drive.

We have learned from experience that we don’t do well with endings. We do even worse if we don’t have things to occupy our minds and time until it’s that dreaded hour where we need to return to the airport to prepare for our flight home. Having an evening flight, like we did this trip, complicates matters even more: we literally had almost a full day to fill before our plane departed just after 8 pm. With that in mind, we had planned out activities for this day before we ever left home, purchasing half price vouchers via Groupon for a full day’s admission valid at both Fun Spot America on I-Drive and at Fun Spot USA in Kissimmee.

It was yet another spectacular morning :sunny: (I still haven't figured out what had we done to deserve another entire trip of perfect, sunny skies and warm temperatures...that was some pretty sweet karma) but even as we arrived around 10:30-ish, you could feel it was going to be hot. Very hot. Having exchanged our Groupon vouchers for all-day wristbands at the entrance, we walked into the park expecting it would be packed (it was the day after Christmas, after all). We were rather shocked to find this:

:confused3 :confused3

Hardly a single soul was there, save and except for park staff. We had enjoyed a private session on the mini golf course earlier in the week, so I guess having Fun Spot almost all to ourselves shouldn’t have surprised us either. But yet....it did.

Much more still to come….:surfweb:.

Mmmm hmmmm :rolleyes2 ......how old did you say your oldest offspring is?

Speaking from experience, I would guess? ;)

:offtopic: yet true story: my mom set her hair on fire when we were kids. She leaned over to light the barbecue and whoosh! Her hair caught fire so quickly. Thankfully, we were able to put it out the flames (and her skin wasn't burned at all) but the smell of her hair burning :crazy2: .... just the worst smell you can imagine.

Geez, for someone who has a hard time with details like the year they were born, you sure have a good memory when it comes to my trip report specifics!!

She just had another birthday. There have been so many that I can't remember but lets just say she is somewhere between diapers and a Walmart greeter.

I was lighting a cigarette inside the bank and lit my own hair on fire.

My brain is a steel trap for useless information.

A wonderful end to your Christmas Day :goodvibes

I don't know how you get out so quick on your last day, we tend to get up (not so early) pack suitcases, pack the car and then finally manage to get out for a late lunch! I always ask for a late check out from the condo.

As you may recall I too have the frizzy hair ( the tresemme was a good recommendation ) and also permed it for a while when I was at school :confused3 Now I try and straighten those curls out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter