• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It’s the little moments that count!! 3/31 KathyRN137 & Lurkyloo's podcasts

Longtime lurker here- I have read all your trip reports and was so pleased you started another one. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed them! We did the Dessert Party in January and is was awesome- so glad you had a great experience. Looking forward to reading more.

WELCOME!! I love it when lurkers post. Sometimes I feel like I am posting to myself. Thank you so much for reading our reports. We had a good time at the Dessert party and I will be updating very soon.

Great photos!

Would like to know your opinion on the Dessert Party. Is it worth it? We have been to WDW enough times now that we look for something "different" to do each trip. Considering this but have read that some people don't think so. Curious on your thoughts.

My DH LOVES to take pics so it may be an idea for next trip.

I think people judge whether things are worth it from different perspectives. For us, yes it was worth it, no crowds, sitting down, great view of the castle, and desserts :rotfl2:.

As for pictures I liked it, but I am so used to seeing the fireworks framing the castle on both sides so it took a little getting used to. I don't think they allow tripods but I am not sure. There was a photopass photographer there that would take pictures with the castle in the background but we didn't do it. We enjoyed the experience and will do it again, not every trip but we will be back.

All caught up again! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Garden Grill. We've eaten there once & Alex has been bugging us to go back. There are so many great choices at Epcot that we haven't made it a priority... but it might be time again.

I am really enjoying all of your pictures - your new camera is great! And I'm glad you are slowing down to snap some shots. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you had a good experience at the Wishes Dessert Party! We really enjoyed it, except for the one rude lady next to us. :rolleyes1 Everyone else was really nice & could see that the lady next to us was being rude, so they went out of their way to make sure the boys had a good spot to see the fireworks. I just LOVE that new castle show - I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

All caught up again! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Garden Grill. We've eaten there once & Alex has been bugging us to go back. There are so many great choices at Epcot that we haven't made it a priority... but it might be time again.

I am really enjoying all of your pictures - your new camera is great! And I'm glad you are slowing down to snap some shots. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you had a good experience at the Wishes Dessert Party! We really enjoyed it, except for the one rude lady next to us. :rolleyes1 Everyone else was really nice & could see that the lady next to us was being rude, so they went out of their way to make sure the boys had a good spot to see the fireworks. I just LOVE that new castle show - I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Hi Amy :goodvibes. We really liked GG, it will be on the list for next trip whenever that is.

I am so happy with the new camera, I loved using it at the Boardwalk.

I am so sorry you had a rude person at your dessert party. I love how other people helped the boys out. I love seeing that especially at WDW.

Since we got back fairly late to our room, Bill and I decided to change park days, shake it up a bit, throw the plans out the window. You know the plans, the plans I had worked on for months. I wanted to be a drama queen
dramaqueensmil.gif
about it, but was a good girl. We were going to MGM, or Disney’s Hollywood Studios (what a lame name). He hopped online and got us 50’s Prime Time Café lunch reservations.

I found it odd that Epcot and DHS would both have Sorcerer Mickey topiaries at the front of their parks:

281.jpg

As soon as we were in the park, we saw the Citizens of Hollywood setting up.

284.jpg

It seems Dara Vamp was going to be doing a live show. Officer Percival Peabody was there to keep the peace and Shelby Mayer was going to direct and interview her. I know I have said this too many times to count but we LOVE the Citizens of Hollywood. They are hilarious and I hope WDW keeps them around for a very long time. The interactions they do with the crowd are so funny.

306.jpg

303.jpg

310.jpg

311.jpg

We watched them until it was time for lunch at 50’s. We go here almost every trip. We had a 2pm reservation. I have never seen it this empty:

314.jpg

316.jpg

We were called to our table very quickly. It was as good as it usually is and we had some drinks with our meal.

Yummy!!

120.jpg

We came outside after lunch to this:

317.jpg

Boo, cloudy again. I shouldn’t have thought that way because during Star Wars Weekend I was praying for clouds. We wanted to go see Kermit and by the time we got out of there it was raining. That is what happens when you go in May, it rains almost every afternoon. We went to the Muppet store in search of a Perry the Platypus shirt we had been looking for. We never did find the right size for Bill. We looked every day. I do have the SKU number and will be calling Disney Merchandise to see if they can get it for me.

We made it by Studio Catering Company when it really started pouring, we waited it out for a bit:

319.jpg

123.jpg

The rain slowed down enough for us to continue walking and we rode Toy Story Mania. That ride always has us giggling like little kids, we just love it. It is so fun that we work together to get the points. One day we will break the 100,000 barrier, I just know we will.

On our way to One Man’s Dream we saw a Green Army Man walking toward us, as soon as he saw Bill he saluted and then Bill got a picture with him:

126.jpg

We try to go to One Man’s Dream every trip. I think everyone that comes to WDW should go through this to learn more about Mr. Walt Disney. Bill wanted a picture with him.

327.jpg

Darn lady reading a map photobombed him!!

I wonder how much these are worth?:

333.jpg

336.jpg

Map on the wal in Walt’s office:

340.jpg

Random shots:

347.jpg

348.jpg

Would Bill’s mark still be outside the Great Movie Ride? With that bolt in the bottom of his chair, sometimes it will scrape if he is going uphill. It took a little time, but we found it:

355.jpg

I think I showed the accessible vehicle before but I am just so happy there is so much room:

362.jpg

365.jpg

Continued in next post…. Throwing the Plans out the window Part 2

We both wondered how the new camera would do here. This is what I got:

369.jpg

373.jpg

388.jpg

401.jpg

404.jpg

416.jpg

419.jpg

423.jpg

432.jpg

439.jpg

Not too bad, huh?

When we came out there was a commotion. It seemed there was a bird stuck in the decorative area about one of the windows. How many CM’s does it take to help a bird??

441.jpg

Apparently five!!!

We knew the lines for Fantasmic would be long but we didn’t want to try to see it during our SWW days, so we braved the crowds and went.

Looking left:

447.jpg

Looking right:

446.jpg

Hope you aren’t sick of pictures:

458.jpg

467.jpg

481.jpg

488.jpg

519.jpg

526.jpg

533.jpg

540.jpg

545.jpg

562.jpg

568.jpg

After the show is over we always wait for the theater to clear before we leave.

575.jpg

I get totally annoyed watching the CM’s going row by row having to pick up trash. There are trash cans everywhere, pick up after yourselves people, you don’t just leave trash anywhere else in the park, why here?

Tomorrow was our private dinner and I was wondering what Bill was going to come up with now.

Next installment… Off to see a Butler

Darn the rain! I do wonder though.. when it rains is it a cooling rain or does it just make everything more sticky in the end? I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it cooled things down a little.

I think Fantasmic should go on our to do list if we make it back. I am just a little worried that it might be a little scarey for the kiddos. I have heard mixed feelings about things but I figure if we go we won't be spending every night at the Osburne lights like we did last time. LOL

I am with you... Toy Story Mania is the best!!! It was so much fun!!

Wow! My jaw dropped at those pics of GMR and Fantasmic! Fabulous shots!

Photo bombs crack me up. One of my favorite pics ever is our whole family at MK plus one lady smiling like she belongs ine the shot. We've made up a whole backstory for her.

Hope you can get your shirt. It seemed to me that those shirts were pretty popular last time we were there.

I though Maleficent was a guy too!!!:lmao:

I agree with you on the litterbugs. People are in a beautiful park that cast members work diligently to keep clean and they just treat it like the trash that they are! Wonder what their houses look like:eek:

Darn the rain! I do wonder though.. when it rains is it a cooling rain or does it just make everything more sticky in the end? I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it cooled things down a little.

I think Fantasmic should go on our to do list if we make it back. I am just a little worried that it might be a little scarey for the kiddos. I have heard mixed feelings about things but I figure if we go we won't be spending every night at the Osburne lights like we did last time. LOL

I am with you... Toy Story Mania is the best!!! It was so much fun!!

Hate to break it to you Tammy, it is more sticky in the end most of the time, not all the time. There was one afternoon it was glorious after the rain so you never really know.

Fantasmic can be scary, have they seen Sleeping Beauty with the dragon? Maybe you could tell them before you go that this is just a show and Mickey is a hero?

Wow! My jaw dropped at those pics of GMR and Fantasmic! Fabulous shots!

Photo bombs crack me up. One of my favorite pics ever is our whole family at MK plus one lady smiling like she belongs ine the shot. We've made up a whole backstory for her.

Hope you can get your shirt. It seemed to me that those shirts were pretty popular last time we were there.

Thanks for the kind words about the pictures. I was amazed. Now if I ever learn to really work with my photo editing software they would look even better :rotfl:.

That is a great idea to make up a backstory, I will have to tell Bill about that.

I keep forgetting to call Disney about that shirt, I need to do that asap.

526.jpg

That's totally a dude!

:rotfl2: LA LA LA I can't hear you I am under the Disney magic spell :lmao:. Maybe the zoom is too good at times? :confused3

I though Maleficent was a guy too!!!:lmao:

I agree with you on the litterbugs. People are in a beautiful park that cast members work diligently to keep clean and they just treat it like the trash that they are! Wonder what their houses look like:eek:

I think DHS needs to put signs up telling people to throw away their own trash. It really annoys me.

:rotfl2: about Malificent being a guy. I was thinking that perhaps your zoom is a little too good at time too!:rotfl2: I TRULY LOVE you pictures though. I have a canon rebel xs. I have only had it a couple of years, thank God for the auto setting. Even when I use that a lot of my pictures come out blurry. Perhaps a person with vertigo shouldn't be the photographer of the group!:lmao:

Love all of your trip reports (longtime lurker) :). The camera take great pictures!

We live local (one hour away) and are going next week, if you like I can look for that shirt for you! As another poster said, they were popular.

Looking forward to the next installment!! popcorn::

Fun update! Sorry for the rain but it looks like it passed fairly quickly. I haven't seen Fantasmic in a while... Maybe I'll try to get the family in there on our trip next spring.

We love 50s Prime Time too! I wish they did a Fantasmic dining package.

526.jpg

That's totally a dude!

:rotfl:

:rotfl2: about Malificent being a guy. I was thinking that perhaps your zoom is a little too good at time too!:rotfl2: I TRULY LOVE you pictures though. I have a canon rebel xs. I have only had it a couple of years, thank God for the auto setting. Even when I use that a lot of my pictures come out blurry. Perhaps a person with vertigo shouldn't be the photographer of the group!:lmao:

OOPS I didn't even realize that when I posted it. I have some blurry pictures with my camera too, you just don't see them :thumbsup2.

Love all of your trip reports (longtime lurker) :). The camera take great pictures!

We live local (one hour away) and are going next week, if you like I can look for that shirt for you! As another poster said, they were popular.

Looking forward to the next installment!! popcorn::

Thank you so much for posting and reading our trip reports. That is so sweet of you about the shirt, you reminded me to call WDW merchandising today. I don't want to send you off on a wild goosechase for it.

Fun update! Sorry for the rain but it looks like it passed fairly quickly. I haven't seen Fantasmic in a while... Maybe I'll try to get the family in there on our trip next spring.

We love 50s Prime Time too! I wish they did a Fantasmic dining package.

:rotfl:

We know if we go in May or June it will rain, we are used to it. We don't see Fantasmic every trip, but it had been a while and I was wanting to see how the camera would handle the lighting and movement. 50's is a must do for us, just like Ohana :goodvibes.

All caught up!!! Oh your arrival and the lost bag, not so magical. So glad chair is mostly charging so far but still stressful I imagine not being sure if it will or won't. It's nice to hear you had so much fun at Garden Grill and the dessert party looks like a lot of fun.

I have NEVER seen PTC that empty!!!

Really great fantasmic and GMR pics, fun fun fun!

the new camera takes great pics!

can't wait to read more- and I'm really hoping to meet you in December!!:thumbsup2

I love throw the plans out the window day! This coming trip will be the first time we are doing hoppers and although I have picked a park for each day I am trying to stay open and if it's really crowded or we aren't "feeling" the park we will just go elsewhere

Hi Tracy! I always read your trip reports. I knew this one was coming and I finally got to it.

I am so glad you added extra days to your trip. You always should you know.

The new camera and your eye for good shots are a great combination. I enjoy COP so much and your photos, especially of the dog, just made me smile! I forgot the dog's name. Shame on me! The photo of the flowers from the Living with the Land ride are incredible! The sunflowers look like they are full of energy reaching for the sun. I'm looking forward to more photos by Bill. Oh, I also especially enjoyed the photos of the Citizens of Hollywood. I'm glad you include their names in your report. I can never remember.

I sure hope the battery for the chair didn't act up any more. Hope the good bus mojo lasted the entire trip! Love you guys!:goodvibes

All caught up!!! Oh your arrival and the lost bag, not so magical. So glad chair is mostly charging so far but still stressful I imagine not being sure if it will or won't. It's nice to hear you had so much fun at Garden Grill and the dessert party looks like a lot of fun.

I have NEVER seen PTC that empty!!!

Really great fantasmic and GMR pics, fun fun fun!

Hi!! I was really stressed out about the charging situation, Bill kept saying to not worry about it, we would deal with it no matter what happened. I have never seen PTC like that either, we were called to our table within 3 minutes of checking in :goodvibes.

the new camera takes great pics!

can't wait to read more- and I'm really hoping to meet you in December!!:thumbsup2

Thanks! We are still discussing trip plans, things change all the time it seems. I will let you know as soon as I do.

I love throw the plans out the window day! This coming trip will be the first time we are doing hoppers and although I have picked a park for each day I am trying to stay open and if it's really crowded or we aren't "feeling" the park we will just go elsewhere

It is fun to not be tied down to a park and a plan, I would like it better if we weren't tied to ADR's I feel bad cancelling them when we are there because I know how people try to book things so far out.

Hi Tracy! I always read your trip reports. I knew this one was coming and I finally got to it.

I am so glad you added extra days to your trip. You always should you know.

The new camera and your eye for good shots are a great combination. I enjoy COP so much and your photos, especially of the dog, just made me smile! I forgot the dog's name. Shame on me! The photo of the flowers from the Living with the Land ride are incredible! The sunflowers look like they are full of energy reaching for the sun. I'm looking forward to more photos by Bill. Oh, I also especially enjoyed the photos of the Citizens of Hollywood. I'm glad you include their names in your report. I can never remember.

I sure hope the battery for the chair didn't act up any more. Hope the good bus mojo lasted the entire trip! Love you guys!:goodvibes

Hi Rozz! I had a lot of fun with this camera, it was fun zooming in on things. The dog's name is Rover. I was amazed at the color the camera captured on the Living with the Land pictures. We really enjoy the Citizens. Thanks for reading along.

I can email you a larger copy of the monorail picture if you would like me to.

That would be great...I'll send you my email in a message on FB! :goodvibes

I am dying laughing about your question about the topiary in front of SSE, it is a peacock.

Welllllll....I was HALF right!!!!! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Wow PTC was empty!!! :scared1:Your drinks look yummy...did they have glowing ice cubes in them?

I love touring One Mans Dream...since I was little watching Wonderful World of Disney I've always called him Uncle Walt.:) The girl photo bombing...it looks unintentionally ....but funny!:rotfl:

Still WOWING at your pictures...the Fantasmic ones are FANTASTIC!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter