It’s the little moments that count!! 3/31 KathyRN137 & Lurkyloo's podcasts

That would be great...I'll send you my email in a message on FB! :goodvibes

I received it, did you get my email?

Welllllll....I was HALF right!!!!! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

:lmao:

Wow PTC was empty!!! :scared1:Your drinks look yummy...did they have glowing ice cubes in them?

Yes, but I am telling them from now on to not give them to us, I have way too many of them already.

I love touring One Mans Dream...since I was little watching Wonderful World of Disney I've always called him Uncle Walt.:) The girl photo bombing...it looks unintentionally ....but funny!:rotfl:

Walt was an amazing man, I wish people would take more time at that attraction.

Still WOWING at your pictures...the Fantasmic ones are FANTASTIC!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks I was amazed at how close, possibly too close, I could zoom in ;) for Fantasmic!

The Florida weather was not cooperating with us at all. We were planning on going to DTD for a bit before our dinner reservations at 8:30 at the Grand Floridian, we looked outside and decided we didn’t want to get soaked before our evening out so we stayed at Pop Century.

We were doing another private dinner at the Grand Floridian, it was so special last time that Bill wanted a repeat performance. If you haven’t read about our last time there, you can read about it HERE.

I packed up part of the room since we were moving to the Boardwalk Villas the next day and kept watching the weather on the TV and my phone. Isn’t this outlook lovely for a dinner that is supposed to be held outside?

129.png

Inwardly I was panicking, I know Bill really loved eating on the balcony of the 3rd floor last time. I knew we would still have a good time inside on the 5th floor, but I knew it wouldn’t be the same. Bill got his poncho on and we started walking to the bus stop.

He’s my Super Bill:

130.jpg

GO AWAY CLOUDS:

131.jpg

We took the bus to DHS then transferred to a GF bus. As we walked into the lobby I saw our butler, Jack, from the last time waiting for us at the piano 15 minutes early. As soon as he saw us he came over, hugging both of us. We had requested to have him as our butler again because he was such a fantastic person.

005.jpg

He said since it had stopped raining he decided to put us out on the balcony, if it started raining again he would move us inside. The table was beautiful.

007.jpg

Jack thought it would be a good idea to “set” Bill’s tray:

009.jpg

We decided to move the wine glass after this shot:

011.jpg

The Polynesian Resort was to our right:

012.jpg

The clouds were looking a little less ominous:

014.jpg

It was time for the appetizers, Bill got Shrimp Cocktail and I got a salad. Jack remembered how Bill needed his food cut up, but he let me take a picture before he started working on Bill’s shrimp:

015.jpg

016.jpg

The balcony is large. Looking toward Magic Kingdom:

019.jpg

The other direction:

139.jpg

We loved that we could see the Electrical Water Parade from our table, and I was happy that the camera took some decent shots of it:

024.jpg

041.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

After that Illuminations started at Epcot and we could see the high fireworks past the Poly. I was amazed at how far my camera zoomed:

056.jpg

069.jpg

Jack brought out dinner, Bill got a Lobster Tail for us to share with our steaks:

077.jpg

He again cut up Bill’s steak so I would be able to eat my food while it was hot:

079.jpg

This is the only time it even tried to rain, it sprinkled for about two minutes then stopped, we were so happy it went away. Jack would come to check on us from time to time while we ate. Bill told me that while I was in the bathroom earlier Jack had thanked him for requesting him. He never gets Sundays off but got to switch to be there for us that night. He said he took his wife out to dinner on Mother’s Day and they had a good time. During our dinner a manager, I think the dining manager came out to see if we were enjoying our time at the Grand Floridian. We told her we loved it, we adored Jack and that Pat was wonderful when she worked with Bill to set it up. She said she was happy we were happy then went on her way.

Jack then came out and asked us if we were ready for our desserts. Bill’s face lit up, I was wondering what he was up to.

I had gotten cheesecake:

086.jpg

While Bill had gotten the Strawberries and Cream:

087.jpg

What happened next?? Post and let me know you want to find out how the dinner ended....

Find out in the next installment... Ugly Crying at the Grand Floridian!!

Oh my gosh, why oh why keep us in suspense. Is it something REALLY big "mrsKsomeday"? Can't wait to hear reagardless of what it is. I so am loving your TR.
I so love your camera. But I'm sure I could own the exact same camera and not get the photos you've gotten. Like someone else here said, you have an eye for what to shoot. :goodvibes

I love to hear stories of cm's like Jack and guests like you and Bill. Disney magic. The food looks delish. I don't remember reading the details of how you found out about the private dining, or how you went about setting it up. Is it thru the regular disney private event number. I'd like to plan something intimate for DH & my anniversary while we are there in Nov. (we have other things planned, but something intimate would be nice).

Oh, please don't wait too long to let us know how the rest of the evening went. Oh, and the rest of your vacation. Love this tr!!

YES!!!!! I WANNA KNOW, I WANNA KNOW!!!! popcorn:: You can't keep us in suspense like this!! :love:

I'm so glad that the rain held off for you guys. What a LOVELY dinner! I started crying when you said that Jack was able to do mother's day. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Seems like everything is working out perfectly.

So....................................COME ON TELL US THE REST!!!!! :yay:

I have to tell you ... I was just showing my DD8 the pictures of the water parade show, then in turn she wanted to know more of what you were writing. So... she is now hooked. She says Bill put a ring on the table. ??? is she correct? Also, after asking a few questions and me explaining a bit of Bills condition. She says Bill is handsome. :thumbsup2 We agree we want to see more photos of you. I understand you are pooh size and may be leary, but we see beyond physical. WE already know you are beautiful by your words. :flower3:

Can't wait for some good old-fashioned ugly crying!!

So glad the rain held off for you! That looks like such a special dinner. Someday - you've given me something to strive for!

The evening looks amazing so far! And aaahhhh! of course we want to know how dinner ended!! Don't keep us guessing for too long!! I'm betting from reading your other TR's it's something romantic!!

Man I want to try that dinner if I ever find a great guy too

Did Bill get you a special treat to end the dinner???

Love all of your trip reports and I was so excited to see this new one. What a wonderful experience at the GF. I can't wait to hear what happens next!!!

I can't believe I am going to say this but one of my favorite people is a big ole meany!!! Yes, I am talking about you!!! How could you leave me hanging like that?? :lmao:

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, you need to get working on the next installment!!!!!!!

I must say everytime I see the pictures from your private dining experience I get a little jealous! Everything looks sooooo yummy!!!!

I love reading about your fabulous dinner! I caught up by reading your post of the experience from last time, and LOVED that you were able to have the same butler!!! That is one of the reasons that I love Disney, the people that make the memories along with the guests!:love:

Cannot wait to hear what happens next!

A CLIFFHANGER at BEDTIME for me?
Say it ain't so!! :eek:

Guess this means I'll have to watch extra closely for an update tomorrow :banana:

I am all caught up on your wonderful Trip Report! :Sigh: You make me want to be back there so bad!!!!! Those pics are AWESOME ! The show looked great and so did your dinner. So happy you enjoyed the trip this far in hope the rest of the TR is just as magical

OH NO you dit-ten!!!!! :eek: Awwwwwww!!! Now I'll never sleep wondering what is was!!!! :p

Not to mention I'm hungry now from looking at all the delicious food...Tracy is a meany!!!!:laughing:

I like to hear stories about CMs like that too!:)

Oh and I absolutely LOVE the picture of Super Bill....it made me LOL when you posted while you were there and it did the same tonight!:rotfl:

I'm loving your reviews, can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip, especially the rest of this meal...

LOVING your report so far! You got some great shots, too! Looks like your new camera does well in low-light situations.

I can't wait to hear how dinner ended.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter