• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Island Hopping: A Highly Inappropriate TR. (Boom.)-- Link to NEW TR! 10/8

I just found your TR yesterday and spent a very slow day at work reading all of it. Your pictures are just amazing and your writing is so fun to read!

I just got to watch your video and it is wonderful! Brandon did an amazing job, especially since you said he was learning as he went! Awesome!

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Great trip report and wow!!
I loved the video!:love: Great Music, adorable kids, and the most magical place on earth! It brought tears to my eyes, especially the sleeping pictures. I love watching my kids sleep.

I really loved your Epcot Touring Plan. So smart to eat breakfast while you do the baby swap! I will have to keep that idea in mind Soarin' is our favorite ride so it would be great to ride it first thing in the morning. Did you have to wait in the Standby Line very long?

We are hoping to go back in April. Our last trip was a huge family trip with DH's Mother and all the kids and grand kids in June of 2011. Our youngest hasn't met Mickey yet.

Great Report! I hope to read more!

I am so glad I found your trip report!! The pictures are wonderful and the video is so great. Thank you so much for sharing. I am going with my friend and her 3 little boys (7, 5 and 1 1/2) this summer. Your video got me very excited to go with little ones again and watch their excitement. My boys are much older and our last trips were all spent golfing and the water parks.:confused3

I work in an elementary school with the Autistic kids that are mainstreamed. I absolutely love "my" kids. I can only imagine what a challenge it must be to go to WDW. Sorry about the rude people. I would have gone off. :furious: You are a better person than me!!! Can't wait to read the rest.

I am following now after watching your video. Your husband is an awesome photographer!!!! Seriously, your photos are awesome! I am just getting into DSLR photography so I will look to your photos for inspiration!

Now I gotta read the rest of your tr!

The trip video is amazing!! I'm a huge fan, and it's definitely bookmarked in my Disney vacation video folder!! Great job on it!! :thumbsup2

Such a great job on the video. Sooooo good.:cool1:
You guys are a precious family.:hug:

Looking forward to more....:surfweb:

KIM

I just found your TR yesterday and spent a very slow day at work reading all of it. Your pictures are just amazing and your writing is so fun to read!

I just got to watch your video and it is wonderful! Brandon did an amazing job, especially since you said he was learning as he went! Awesome!

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2
:welcome:
So happy to have new readers! I promise another update very soon! I will pass your compliment along to Brandon:goodvibes.

Great trip report and wow!!
I loved the video!:love: Great Music, adorable kids, and the most magical place on earth! It brought tears to my eyes, especially the sleeping pictures. I love watching my kids sleep.

I really loved your Epcot Touring Plan. So smart to eat breakfast while you do the baby swap! I will have to keep that idea in mind Soarin' is our favorite ride so it would be great to ride it first thing in the morning. Did you have to wait in the Standby Line very long?

We are hoping to go back in April. Our last trip was a huge family trip with DH's Mother and all the kids and grand kids in June of 2011. Our youngest hasn't met Mickey yet.

Great Report! I hope to read more!
We didn't have to wait in the standby line at all! Just long enough for them to distribute us into rows! LOVE Soarin':cool1:.
Thanks for reading, and I promise I'm writing another update so you'll have more to read!

I am so glad I found your trip report!! The pictures are wonderful and the video is so great. Thank you so much for sharing. I am going with my friend and her 3 little boys (7, 5 and 1 1/2) this summer. Your video got me very excited to go with little ones again and watch their excitement. My boys are much older and our last trips were all spent golfing and the water parks.:confused3

I work in an elementary school with the Autistic kids that are mainstreamed. I absolutely love "my" kids. I can only imagine what a challenge it must be to go to WDW. Sorry about the rude people. I would have gone off. :furious: You are a better person than me!!! Can't wait to read the rest.
That is SO COOL! I have to say, of all the places we go with Miss Brynn, WDW was actually the easiest, mostly due to great pre-planning and the GAC. We were very mindful of what would bother her and tried to prevent it when we could. It helps that she's high-functioning and can somewhat communicate when something is about to set her off (most of the time:thumbsup2). I sort of wanted to go back and say something to that rude man, but Brandon's temper is MUCH worse than mine, and I thought it could turn into a really huge confrontation. If it had just been me, I probably would have said something. I have said something to people in the past, for sure, so I'm not sure I'm a better person:rotfl2:!

I am following now after watching your video. Your husband is an awesome photographer!!!! Seriously, your photos are awesome! I am just getting into DSLR photography so I will look to your photos for inspiration!

Now I gotta read the rest of your tr!
I will definitely tell him you said so! He needs a bigger ego:lmao:. Seriously, though, I am really proud of his photography. He has come a long way in just a few years, and it is just his side hobby, not his main income. I love having someone to document everything my kids do!

The trip video is amazing!! I'm a huge fan, and it's definitely bookmarked in my Disney vacation video folder!! Great job on it!! :thumbsup2
:banana:THANK YOU! I love the idea of someone watching it more than once...I mean, other than me, cause I've watched it about a million times::yes::!

Such a great job on the video. Sooooo good.:cool1:
You guys are a precious family.:hug:

Looking forward to more....:surfweb:

KIM
:hug:Thank you! We really did work hard on the video, but fun kids kind of make it easy:lovestruc. New update soon!

I watched the video when I got home last night. Absolutely amazing! I felt like I was right there watching after reading your report. Your kids are so cute! The production quality of that video was amazing... definitely professional quality. What an awesome memory!

Jill in CO
Thank you, Jill! I'm going to tell Brandon you said it was professional quality; since he was learning as he went along, he'll definitely appreciate such a sweet comment!

So my computer decided it wanted to work today, and I got to watch the rest of your video! Yay!!!! :) It was amazing!!!!! Just had to comment again, since I finally saw the rest. You guys could so work for Disney advertising...... :)
Glad you finally got to watch the whole thing :badpc:! I'd love to do Disney advertising if they'd pay for a trip for us:rotfl:!

Oh. My. Goodness.

Great googly moogly, your video is AH-MAY-ZING! I laughed, I cried, I watched it again!!
:yay: That makes me so happy! I love knowing someone liked it enough not only to watch the whole thing to being with (it's LONG!), but to watch it more than once! You made my day.

Jenn, I commented on the other post but I had to comment here too! the video is AMAZING! the kids are just toooo cute and Brandon did a great job! It really looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! I'm still so jealous of the Poly!!
Thanks, girl! And if we ever plan a trip at the same time again, we WILL meet up!

I love it!!!! So great and so sweet. I definitely teared up once or twice.
Awww, thank you! It still makes me tear up, and I've seen it lots AND I was there:laughing:! Glad you enjoyed it.

I just posted on FB, but I'll re-iterate here, I loved the video! So well done, and seriously captures the magic of the parks.

And hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll be able to see some of it in person next September! :)

I love your strategy of half the family eating breakfast at Sunshine Seasons while the others ride Soarin, then switch! I plan on using it in the future. :)

I already commented on Facebook, but your video is fabulous. I'm still waiting on Ron to finish (start) our wedding video, almost 2 years later. And watching your video gave me so many ideas of things to videotape during our next trip. Bravo to Brandon!

I just posted on FB, but I'll re-iterate here, I loved the video! So well done, and seriously captures the magic of the parks.

And hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll be able to see some of it in person next September! :)
Oh, I really hope so!! My family already thinks they know you guys because of how much I talk about you! I sometimes forget that we've never even met in person! We would have SO MUCH FUN:cool1:!

I love your strategy of half the family eating breakfast at Sunshine Seasons while the others ride Soarin, then switch! I plan on using it in the future. :)

I already commented on Facebook, but your video is fabulous. I'm still waiting on Ron to finish (start) our wedding video, almost 2 years later. And watching your video gave me so many ideas of things to videotape during our next trip. Bravo to Brandon!
I am amazed that Brandon actually followed through with it, honestly:rotfl2:! He's not known to finish projects he starts. I'd love to see your wedding video if he does it, since I did read your honeymoon TR!:thumbsup2

Great trip report!
THANK YOU! I love writing it!

I don't know if he's using more than this, but right this second he's working in After Effects. He likes it because he says, "It's like Photoshop, but for videos!" He knows Photoshop inside and out for both his regular job and his side photography gig, so he's familiar with the controls and coding. We're not exactly using tons of effects or anything, but we are cutting clips, smoothing them, timing them to the music, and stretching/speeding some. He's also integrating some really cool photo effects that I've never seen him do! I am so stoked! I have never seen anyone's Disney video be quite like this:woohoo:!

Ooh I have After Effects. I am fairly proficient with Photoshop and Lightroom, but I just haven't really delved into playing with any of the other Adobe programs, and it is a goal of mine to get to more of an expert-user level, so I will just have to give it a go!
I just watched the video..it is AMAZING. Easily one of my top 5 WDW videos (and I am what you might call a disney-video-stalker on youtube). I watch all of the great ones over and over again (bosox, wolf's dance, etc) and your family's video is right up there with them. I truly loved it!

I also clicked on the video you had made for dh, how sweet! :lovestruc

PS- I pinned the video link in pinterest & shared on my facebook. I mean, I'm not e-famous or anything but I do have a fair amount of friends & followers so I hope that will bring some traffic over to your family's video...although I do have a feeling that it will take off and be one of those videos that just has tons and tons of hits, while there are a TON of WDW videos out there, there really are not all that many that have high quality images/video & editing as well as tell a great story :)

Ooh I have After Effects. I am fairly proficient with Photoshop and Lightroom, but I just haven't really delved into playing with any of the other Adobe programs, and it is a goal of mine to get to more of an expert-user level, so I will just have to give it a go!
I just watched the video..it is AMAZING. Easily one of my top 5 WDW videos (and I am what you might call a disney-video-stalker on youtube). I watch all of the great ones over and over again (bosox, wolf's dance, etc) and your family's video is right up there with them. I truly loved it!

I also clicked on the video you had made for dh, how sweet! :lovestruc

PS- I pinned the video link in pinterest & shared on my facebook. I mean, I'm not e-famous or anything but I do have a fair amount of friends & followers so I hope that will bring some traffic over to your family's video...although I do have a feeling that it will take off and be one of those videos that just has tons and tons of hits, while there are a TON of WDW videos out there, there really are not all that many that have high quality images/video & editing as well as tell a great story :)
You sure know how to make a gal feel great :goodvibes!!
I forgot to tell you that he also used Lightroom. I guess maybe you figured that out or assumed it since he used Photoshop and After Effects? He's an Adobe junkie! He was absolutely not an expert at After Effects--the only thing he'd ever done on it before was drop straight clips in together, no editing, and rendered them for a video he took with his old DSLR. He knew none of the effects or transitions, really. (I need to upload that video, too!) It was all "learn as you go," so you can TOTALLY do it!:thumbsup2
Thank you so much for all your compliments and for sending folks my way. It really means a lot that anyone would watch our video, and even more that they would enjoy it enough to share it!

Just read your TR last night!! So glad I found it....with young kids it's always nice to see what other families do!! And my kiddos and I just watched your video...we all loved it!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

Just read your TR last night!! So glad I found it....with young kids it's always nice to see what other families do!! And my kiddos and I just watched your video...we all loved it!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!
I'm so happy you're here:wave2:! I love seeing other families, too, whether it be in TRs or videos. Can't get enough of that Disney love!!

Hey girl! I am all caught up after being gone for far too long! Loving your TR!!!!

I've been gone a while, too, Queen! I'm happy you're caught up. I thought I'd make it easy on you by not posting much ;):rotfl2:.

I just watched your vacation video and it was amazing, you did such a great job with it. I love that you can see so much of the kids personalities in it. You can tell how eager Julia is to do and see everything, I love how Brynn's whole face lights up when she sees something that excites her, and how Sawyer just seems to go with the flow. You have a beautiful family. Can't wait to read more :coffee:

I just watched your vacation video and it was amazing, you did such a great job with it. I love that you can see so much of the kids personalities in it. You can tell how eager Julia is to do and see everything, I love how Brynn's whole face lights up when she sees something that excites her, and how Sawyer just seems to go with the flow. You have a beautiful family. Can't wait to read more :coffee:

I am so glad you said that! And you are exactly right--that just hits the nail on the head. That is exactly their personalities! I'm so happy that the video converyed that; it's hard to tell as a mother, you know? I think I'm too involved with them and with the video process to step outside and see what others see. Thank you so much for watching and now following along with the TR! :welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter