• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Tusker House worth the price?

charmedlife3517

Mouseketeer
We have a Tusker House ressie for our last day at Disney for our last day. Is Tusker House worth the money when paying cash? There are 2 adults and 2 children so I'm assuming with tip it will cost around 120. If not, what cs resturaunts would you recommend?

Are you doing breakfast, lunch or dinner?
We did breakfast and no it is not worth $120 plus tip.
We were on the dinning plan.

Tusker House is a must do for us. We don't do dining plans, but we love the breakfast and dinner paying oop with TIW card.

:goodvibes

For $120,
. . . breakfast, not worth it
. . . lunch, barely worth it
. . . dinner, definitely worth it

We have only done breakfast there. It was okay but not $120 worth of okay. We really enjoy the Yak & Yeti. It could end up close to the same, but there are some really great menu items- the Kobe Burger and the Fried Wonton dessert in particular.

would be cheaper to go to Bomas in AKL for breakfast but there are not any characters. Tusker house is good but $120 for breakfast is a lot. or good breafkfast and fune is Whispering canyons and it is family style and much cheaper and do not need to enter a park can take the boat from MK over the WL to eat there.

For Counter Service my wife and I are big fans of Flame Tree Barbecue and Pizzafari.

As for a breakfast, we like Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom the best. The food is excellent with level A characters.

Breakfast at tusker house is our family's favorite. And we paid oop last year. Selection of food was good and character interaction was great. Going again this year, paying oop again.

Tusker House is excellent. We were just there in August for lunch. It is not a CS - it is a TS. It is a buffet and the food is delicious. So much to choose from. We were a party of 10 and everyone loved it. We paid out of pocket. :)

We stumbled upon it a few years ago for lunch and walked right in. Definitely worth it for us and we intend on going this year as well.

I think the first time we went in 2009 it was $20 per adult and $10 per child for lunch.

Sorry for the lack of info. Our ADR is for an early lunch. I know that it is a TS but if we do not eat here we will sub with a CS so I am looking for good CS resturaunts as an alternative.

Thanks Everybody ;)

We stumbled upon it a few years ago for lunch and walked right in. Definitely worth it for us and we intend on going this year as well.

I think the first time we went in 2009 it was $20 per adult and $10 per child for lunch.

That would be worth it but it is now almost 30 for adults and 20 for children. I dont mind paying that if the food is good and I am not just paying for character. Although the characters are super cute at this location :)

charmedlife3517 said:
Sorry for the lack of info. Our ADR is for an early lunch. I know that it is a TS but if we do not eat here we will sub with a CS so I am looking for good CS resturaunts as an alternative.

Thanks Everybody ;)

A really good alternative is Flame Tree. Can't go wrong there for CS.

Lunch, nope not worth it at all. We didnt care for the selection to be honest. Breakfast is amazing. But lunch, not so much. Wont go back.

I'd do CS instead.

That would be worth it but it is now almost 30 for adults and 20 for children. I dont mind paying that if the food is good and I am not just paying for character. Although the characters are super cute at this location :)

Wellll according to those two requirements (cute characters AND good food) I'd say yep, Tusker is well worth it. We LOVE it here and avoid the characters at all costs........making the dinner our preference. Glad you are talking about lunch. I don't think any breakfast buffet is worth the high prices Disney charges.

Have fun!! (the food really is outstanding!)

We are going on our fourth WDW trip in Dec and have booked lunch at Tusker House every trip. Good service, nice comfortable restaurant and great food.

:thumbsup2

We love it there! The theming inside is so gorgeous. Great character intereaction for the kids.

The food is also nice, especially breakfast.
I think you should go, doubt you'll regret it. Plus, when you're done, you're inside Animal Kingdom already :)

Is the lunch at tusker house a character lunch? It sounds like it is and it wasn't last time we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter