Is Tusker House worth the price?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by charmedlife3517, Oct 3, 2012.

1. WDWaddictt

WDWaddictt DIS Veteran

We go there every year on our annual trip to Disney. Love the breakfast (never been any other time). We are going again this year and this time paying out of pocket. I do agree that it is expensive for a breakfast buffet, but we love it and will pay the price to go. The characters are great too (in my OP better than CP).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisMN

DisMN DIS Veteran

But after 4 the characters go bye bye which is fine by us. We're not big fans of everything turning into character meals.

4. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

Tusker House is our favourite character meal at WDW so for us, it's worth the money. We never do the DDP so we are always paying OOP. We like the buffet as there is the regular breakfast offerings and also some non traditional breakfast fare as well. The characters are great in their safari gear and we love that it's Daisy and not Minnie.

5. Crystal824

Crystal824 DIS Veteran

We had lunch there on our last trip. We did pay OOP (we didn't do DP last trip). We had to wait about 30 min. after our ADR to be seated. We got there 15 min. before so we waited for 45 min, which was a little annoying because entertaining a 21 month old for that long can be a bit difficult (especially around nap time). The food was good. The characters were a bit disorganized. It could have been an off day or maybe it was because they just strarted with the charaters at lunch there a few months before.

We booked that lunch b/c DD wanted to see Daisy. Wouldn't you know it, we finished our meal and still no Daisy. I knew she was there because I saw her walking around the other rooms while going up to the buffet. After eating, we waited another half hour or so and finally I asked the character greeter. They did bring Daisy into the hallway so DD could meet her, which was great. We were at that meal for about 2 hours with a cranky kid. I don't think I would do lunch there again. I have done breakfast there many times and enjoyed it. While the food isn't bad at lunch, the food is better at breakfast in my opinion. As for it being worth the money, it is a nice atmosphere and the food is good. I wish the characters had been a little more organized. It is as much worth the money as the other chararacter meals.

6. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

:thumbsup2

Tusker House is the best Character Breakfast Disney has, for all of the above reasons!

Would I do it each and every time, no but I think little children really enjoy it and the breakfast is better than most DIsney buffet breakfasts!

7. fairestoneofall

fairestoneofall DIS Veteran

yes. it and Crystal Palace are our favorite breakfasts.