Is tony's really that bad?

I give a place three chances to disappoint me befor I take it off my list. Tony's is one of three that received three strikes. Two others I have given another chance and been happy I did but the last time at Tony's the food was so horrible that I will never try it again...NEVER! It should not matter what you order at a restaurant...all the food should be good!

Our usual Disney trip group is pretty finicky and we love the food at Tony's. We try to get an ADR every time we go to WDW.

We have only had dinner at Tony's twice. Once in 1999 and then again this October. I had read many reviews before our October trip. While I knew it mostly had mediocre to bad reviews, we wanted to return - a nostalgia thing from our very first trip, remembering the good food and dining experience.

So a couple of months ago, I would have said try it for yourself, that there will always be people who like a place and people who don't, etc. Now I would say that unless you are really set on having Italian food at MK, I would find another restaurant.

We won't be going back. We aren't picky eaters, like Olive Garden and aren't hard to please. This time it was painful to pay the $80 bill for three meals and one appetizer.

I have enjoyed my last two visits to Tony's and so have my tablemates. The food was good, and the service was top-notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anybody with diverse tastes.

We had dinner at Tony's a few years ago. We did not choose to eat there, per say. We had planned a last minute trip and were able to grab an ADR.

I actually quite enjoyed it. I love Lady & the Tramp as well & I thought the restaurants was really pretty. Service was great and I enjoyed the food. It was not the best meal I ever had, but I remember it positively, and I would eat there again.

I think alot has to do with what you order. The last time my husband and I ate at Tony's he had a fantastic meal, whereas none of mine was barely edible. He had a delicious soup, one of the most tender and flavorful steaks we've ever gotton on property, and a cheesecake to die for. On the other hand, I ordered the zucchini fries which were so soggy and dripping grease that I couldn't eat them, some kind of nasty pasta dish, and a piece of lemon walnut cake that was so dry that it tasted like it was a week old. It just so happened that I made three really bad choices and he made three really good ones. I kept sneaking bites of his dishes. With each one, he'd finally offer to trade with me, but then would immediately grab his back, saying mine was nasty.

Same thing happened to us.....I had the chicken parm and enjoyed it, DH got the steak and did not. we both ordered and liked the pistachio creme brulee tho;)

We tried Tony's a few yrs ago... Maybe 5+. It was mediocre, and in light of other better options, we've never given it another try. There seem to be a lot of supporters here. Has it changed a lot in recent yrs? Does anyone who used to feel the same now like Tony's?

We tried Tony's a few yrs ago... Maybe 5+. It was mediocre, and in light of other better options, we've never given it another try. There seem to be a lot of supporters here. Has it changed a lot in recent yrs? Does anyone who used to feel the same now like Tony's?

Again I think it depends on what you order. I've had two very good meals there and one I couldn't eat. However, that same meal that I couldn't eat, my husband's three courses were wonderful. So it just depends.

Unfortunately I'm very much like the previous poster, Mickeysbestfriend. I will give a place whether it's at Disney or at home two maybe three tries before I'm not going back.

The problem with taking a chance at Disney is that I have very limited time. If I'm at the world for 5 nights and I blow it on a horrible meal, then that effects my vacation (fyi: I am not saying my vacation is "ruined", just that I do not like it when I feel like I "wasted" a precious vacation night).

My first experience with tony's was on our first trip maybe 10 years ago. I 5 year old son spit the spaghetti out. that should have been our first clue.

We did lunch maybe 4 years after and they had burned the chicken parm and tried to cover it up with sauce, had to be sent back.

our last try was in summer of 2010, again it was a lunch adr. My sons are now teen boys which means they would eat pretty much sawdust with a bit of ketchup and they sent their meals back. Like I said we're not talking food critics, we're talking about 2 h.s. football players who will inhale just about any thing and have no problem eating food from a mid town manhattan street vendor.

No, my opinion hasn't changed and I'm won't be giving it another try. Just way to many other places. put it like this, I'll leave the park and go offsite first.

goofyintoronto said:
So you admit its like eating at a mall food court cafeteria. You dont go there for the food obviously, you go because its not packed and for the great location?

Interesting. :scratchin

You know The Plaza and LTT both have great locations and their food is better than Tony's. LTT is more popular for lunch than dinner, but i love both.

Yes, thank you. I do know. I've been going to WDW since 1974.

Could I please be allowed to like the space and eat my Sbarro's in peace?

Sheesh.

Rememberingthe70s said:

Sheesh.

Sheesh.

Pretty strange to go to Tony's knowing the food isnt great. Going just for the location makes no sense. But whatever. Its your stomach. :thumbsup2

It's Disney World. There are tons of restaurants at Disney World where the food isn't the best but people go for the atmosphere. Like, all the character meals. Please don't continue with an argument, the previous poster likes Tony's even though the food isn't the greatest. That'll leave a spot open at the other restaurants.

Sheesh.

Pretty strange to go to Tony's knowing the food isnt great. Going just for the location makes no sense. But whatever. Its your stomach. :thumbsup2

Well, I guess you aren't allowed to eat where you like in peace.

:rotfl::rotfl:

You know what? Enough.

You can't even go near a thread on this forum without being criticized or the thread turning ugly, and as we all know, it then turns into defending your opinion. Which turns into being criticized for defending your opinion. Which turns into "Who cares what you think." Which turns into an argument. This is exactly why during my last few trips/years, I've tried to come back to the forum, and ended up leaving it again in a week of two. I'm officially sick of trying. This is the complete antithesis of what I want to feel like when thinking about WDW. In fact, a great deal of these conversations turn downright ugly and mean.

But, no sense complaining. If I don't like the bickering, There's a solution to that - don't read it. I'm out, folks. Best of luck, and may you all have very happy and magical visits this year and always. Hope I run into some of you while pin trading!

:crazy2:
My first experience with tony's was on our first trip maybe 10 years ago. My 5 year old son spit the spaghetti out. that should have been our first clue.

Out of the mouths of babes........ literally! And though the venue is cute and the theming darling, the food hasn't improved. And I do not understand this at all.. Still after all of these years! :sad2: There's lots of other places to spend my money!

Chill people.... this isn't a forum to solve world peace, it's a forum that solicits opinions about restaurants, it should be all in good fun! Mickey wouldn't approve! Now stop, behave or we'll make you eat Tony's red sauce! :scared: :crazy2: :sick:

You can't even go near a thread on this forum without being criticized or the thread turning ugly, and as we all know, it then turns into defending your opinion. Which turns into being criticized for defending your opinion. Which turns into "Who cares what you think." WDW. In fact, a great deal of these conversations turn downright ugly and mean.

I think you might be a little confused.

You list these as bad things. I truly believe many people are here FOR these things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter