Is this possible????

heatherandnick

DIS Veteran
The scenerio: we currently have a 9-night/10-day ressie at AKL with DxDp. All of our ADRs have been made.

The question: if we extend our stay by 1 more night (we would now have 10 nights), is it possible to do a split stay and use the $750 gift card promo for the first 5 nights and the 40% off room for the 2nd 5 nights? We would be willing to switch rooms or even resorts half-way through.

If this is possible, how would it affect our dining plan? I'm thinking we would need to use all 15 dining credits in the first 5-night period and then have 15 more dining credits for the 2nd half of the trip...what about our current ADRs? Would we need to cancel the ADRs for the 2nd half of the trip and then reschedule them with the ressie number for the 2nd part of our trip?

Could we get an AP and then take advantage of the TIW discount for our dining for part 2?

Hope this wasn't too confusing... Thansk to you all for your help.

We are doing this end of July beginning of August. We are staying for 5 nights at CBR for the gift card promo. Then we are taking the Bounce Back room discount of 35% for the other 3 nights.
As long as you are ok with switching rooms. I plan on requesting to stay in the same room, but if we can't, oh well, I've saved money ;)
Yes, all of your dining credits will need to be used up before midnight on the first part of your stay.
Your ADR's should be fine. You will just have to pay OOP for those in the 2nd part of your stay, unless you add the DDP (which wouldn't make much sense :))
If you get the gift card, you could always add days to your tickets after you get there and use the gift card to pay for it!

We are doing this end of July beginning of August. We are staying for 5 nights at CBR for the gift card promo. Then we are taking the Bounce Back room discount of 35% for the other 3 nights.
As long as you are ok with switching rooms. I plan on requesting to stay in the same room, but if we can't, oh well, I've saved money ;)
Yes, all of your dining credits will need to be used up before midnight on the first part of your stay.
Your ADR's should be fine. You will just have to pay OOP for those in the 2nd part of your stay, unless you add the DDP (which wouldn't make much sense :))
If you get the gift card, you could always add days to your tickets after you get there and use the gift card to pay for it!

Thanks for your ideas! Why (in your opinion) wouldn't the DDP for the 2nd half make sense? We definitely want the DDP unless there is a good reason not to. We have many signature restaurants booked and like to have it all prepaid.

Thanks again!

The first stay you would buy your tickets, which would make your stay a package deal and you would add dining to that. The second stay would be, I assume, room only. It is cheaper to add days from the first stay instead of starting 'from scratch' on tickets the second stay. Unless, your second stay you purchase a 1 day ticket to use in the future and add dining to that stay making your second stay a package too. I hope I made sense with my reply :)

To get the DDP you have to have each reservation as a separate package. Which means buying a 5 day ticket for each reservation. Which ends up costing more than just buying a 10 day ticket. It may not save you anything if you did it that way.

You would have to buy at least a one day base ticket per person in order to get the DP on the second part of your trip. You could save the tickets and use them for another trip (or even give them away) as they don't expire.

gotcha. wow. complicated stuff. I'm totally confused. thinking we should just keep everything as is to make it less complicated...

thanks again!

Just re-read your post.
With signature dining ADR's, you may want to book a package with just a 1 day ticket to use at a future date (this ticket does not expire) and add dining.

What we are doing is the first part of the stay, we are getting the 5 day tickets with that stay. Once we get the gift card, we plan to use it to upgrade our tickets by 1 or 2 days.....depending on what we want to do once we are there.

The second part of our stay is 3 nights, so we plan on using the gift card to pay for our food during that part of our stay.

To get the DDP you have to have each reservation as a separate package. Which means buying a 5 day ticket for each reservation. Which ends up costing more than just buying a 10 day ticket. It may not save you anything if you did it that way.

Actually, you can buy a 10 day ticket on the 1st reservation for use during the entire trip, and a 1 day ticket on the 2nd reservation in order to get dining. You would then save the 1 day ticket for future use.

Actually, you can buy a 10 day ticket on the 1st reservation for use during the entire trip, and a 1 day ticket on the 2nd reservation in order to get dining. You would then save the 1 day ticket for future use.

I would suggest this. Plus on your next trip you could always upgrade this ticket to more days :)

Great idea! So, we could buy a 1-day ticket and still be able to get dining for every night? Also, would we need to get the no expiration option for the 1-day ticket that we would not use?

Great idea! So, we could buy a 1-day ticket and still be able to get dining for every night? Also, would we need to get the no expiration option for the 1-day ticket that we would not use?

No need for the non expire, as you won't actually "use" the ticket... and it will be good until you return!

Thanks so much to you all. We just did all the math, and we would not be saving any money. I guess what we have is the best deal for us...

9-night, 10-day at AKL, park hopper, waterparks, DxDP...getting the $750 gift card promo. We are going to use the GC to pay for our dining tips during our stay.

Seems like it would make sense to split it up, but we just can't figure out how it saves us any...

I guess it's better to just keep it simple!

Thanks again!

The best way to see what kind of savings there might be is to just run the numbers at the Disney Site. Since I don't know your specifics, I'll make assumptions based on your post and your count down clock.

9 night/10 day; AKL; 2 adults; standard Room(cheapest); Base tickets; dxdp;8/3-12.

One ressie, Gift card discount = 4245.72 + 750 card

Split ressie
5 day gift card 10 day tix 2589.80 + 750 card
5 day 35% savings 1 day tix 1448.50
Total = 4038.30 + 750 card + 2 one day tickets for future use

As you can see, with the cheapest room, you are looking at a savings of about 200 by doing the split stay. And on top of that you will have 2 tickets you can use in the future. These tickts do not expire till used and can be upgraded. If you have a more expensive room you will see an even greater $ amount savings when using the percent discount. As others said, you do run the risk of having to change rooms. You could also take advantage of this split to experience a 2 hotels in one trip. Have fun whatever you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter