• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this a good deal for BWV?

THIS. DVC or any timeshare for that matter is not something you want to enter into blindly. PP is right to suggest that you should pull out of your current deal (because clearly you're not comfortable with it.) Then take step back and spend the next few weeks /months reading and researching. Start with the different brokers and how they work. Some are more open to lowball offers than others.

Then spend a good bit of time on the ROFR thread, seeing how other people have structured their deals. So when you feel ready to make another offer, you'll know exactly what you are doing.

Good luck and feel free to ask a lot of questions, people on this board know what they're talking about.

Thank you! So now we negotiated that the seller pays MF. I guess we are okay with this deal now. Just nervous about so many things... I am not sure we are getting enough points now. But we already verbally committed to it. I hope we are making the right decision!!

Thank you! So now we negotiated that the seller pays MF. I guess we are okay with this deal now. Just nervous about so many things... I am not sure we are getting enough points now. But we already verbally committed to it. I hope we are making the right decision!!

You can back out, you haven't signed anything yet. And even if you had signed the contract, you have a 10-day grace period to back out.

But if you're comfortable with the deal, then proceed. Congrats!

I passed ROFR about a week ago at BWV 150 contract.

Paid $60 pt
130 banked '11 pts no mf's
150 '12 pts we split mf's
Seller paying closing costs

Not bad and not as good as others but got tired of refusals at the $55 offers. I also wanted to close so I culd use the pts this Aug.

Good luck !!!

So just to be clear, you are ok with going back and renegotiating after a deal is reached, but you are not ok with backing out of a deal? You have had at least six very informed people on here tell you that you should back out of this deal and reevaluate your situation. Conversely, I could not find one person on here telling you that you got a great deal and should go right ahead with it.

So if you're not going to listen to the advice that you asked for, why did you ask for it?

I recently closed on a BWV contract of 175 points, Oct use year. I had 123 2011 points available, 175 2012 and 175 2013 points available. I paid $50 per point and seller paid closing costs. I paid MF. This was the first BWV offer I made and it was accepted the next day. Personally I would say pull out and reconsider, there will be another contract out there for you. If the vendor really wants to sell he will reconsider.

So just to be clear, you are ok with going back and renegotiating after a deal is reached, but you are not ok with backing out of a deal? You have had at least six very informed people on here tell you that you should back out of this deal and reevaluate your situation. Conversely, I could not find one person on here telling you that you got a great deal and should go right ahead with it.

So if you're not going to listen to the advice that you asked for, why did you ask for it?
You got at least one who said you made a deal, keep your word.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter