Is there still a Stroller Swap?

Deb T.

DIS Veteran
We are headed to WDW mid-June and need to borrow a stroller. I remember there used to be a pretty successful stroller swap on here, but can't locate the thread (even using the "search" function). Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA

We are headed to WDW mid-June and need to borrow a stroller. I remember there used to be a pretty successful stroller swap on here, but can't locate the thread (even using the "search" function). Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA

I haven't seen a stroller swap thread in a long time. Your best bet would be to check/ask around in the Families forum.

I seem to remember the stroller swap thread was closed by moderators due to some trouble??? Maybe try on Facebook. I know the Memory Maker shares migrated there.

My recommendation might be to just buy a cheap umbrella stroller at CVS or Walgreens or Walmart, etc. and then leave it behind at the hotel at the end of the trip for someone else??

Maggie

I seem to remember the stroller swap thread was closed by moderators due to some trouble??? Maybe try on Facebook. I know the Memory Maker shares migrated there.

My recommendation might be to just buy a cheap umbrella stroller at CVS or Walgreens or Walmart, etc. and then leave it behind at the hotel at the end of the trip for someone else??

Maggie

How do you find the page on facebook? I'd be very interested in a memory maker share

Strollers: go to craigslist down here, and they have lots of strollers for sale on the cheap. Or, wait till you get here, go to Babies r us, and get their Zobo stroller. It's usually $99 or $79, depending on if it's on sale, and it's a great umbrella stroller. Good shade, easy one hand fold, very slim and stands up when folded. Did I mention it also comes in SUPER bright and different colors (neon green, bright pink, purple, teal, and red). AND it has a cupholder?

Shade and sunscreen are both very important down here. But that's what I would do, and besides, you could always use another stroller! Maybe it could become your "travel one", and you could leave the big one at home when you decide to do major travel. And no matter what you do get one with good shade. I see lots of folks here with miserable strollers with no shade, and the kid is practically burning. (Maclraens are pretty bad, for all that they cost. Graco is another Florida no-go). So test them out, but I do like the Zobo for the $$ and the shade.

Just my .02

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. :)

I probably should have mentioned that we're flying down and using Magical Express to get to our resort so we won't have a vehicle to shop for a stroller. If I remember correctly with the swap, the stroller would just be left at your hotel, which would have made it super convenient for us. Cost is an issue, as well. We only need one for five days.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. :)

I probably should have mentioned that we're flying down and using Magical Express to get to our resort so we won't have a vehicle to shop for a stroller. If I remember correctly with the swap, the stroller would just be left at your hotel, which would have made it super convenient for us. Cost is an issue, as well. We only need one for five days.

Try the Apple scooter stroller rental. It's 10 dollars, but for a few avoidable fees. (Like a rain cover or the cup holders.)

There is a FB page - think it is called "WDW Disney Freecycle". I was on there before my last trip and saw several stroller swaps. People have also had water, snacks and other items. I had several people leave me water.

Best bet is searching the month and year you are going planning site on facebook... Ex: June 2015 Disney (as soon as you type that in different groups should pop up)... Ask around on those sites will prob get you best results

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter