Is there an off season at WDW?

OzCath

Mouseketeer
Is there a time in the year when WDW is quiet? We went to DL in November and found the crowds really manageable. We didn't have to wait any more than 15-20 minutes for most rides. We have a 2 year old and if we do go to WDW want to go when it is at it's quietest. We are thinking maybe February next year, any thoughts?

Is there a time in the year when WDW is quiet? We went to DL in November and found the crowds really manageable. We didn't have to wait any more than 15-20 minutes for most rides. We have a 2 year old and if we do go to WDW want to go when it is at it's quietest. We are thinking maybe February next year, any thoughts?
It is much the same as DL.
Feb is quiet but be aware they do much of their maintenance at that time of year. Of course when and what will always vary.
Just after Thanksgiving is pretty quiet...gradually getting busier as you get closer to Christmas. [by far our FAVOURITE time of all :) ]
Avoid Summer, Spring Break, Memorial Day, July 4th etc.

Also understand that this major refurb of Magic Kingdom will be continuing for the next few years so keep an eye out on what is happening.

Yes WDW has quieter times, but having said that it is all relative.
The Unofficial Guide to WDW had a good graph in their book and on their website, www.touringplans.com, you can get a crowd calander showing crowd level from 1 to 10 for each date and park recommendation.
Generally hurricane season is quietest, particularly September, along with January and the first half of December, which has the advantage of Christmas and very limited closures.

Yes WDW has quieter times, but having said that it is all relative.
The Unofficial Guide to WDW had a good graph in their book and on their website, www.touringplans.com, you can get a crowd calander showing crowd level from 1 to 10 for each date and park recommendation.
Generally hurricane season is quietest, particularly September, along with January and the first half of December, which has the advantage of Christmas and very limited closures.

I also recommend the touring plans crowd calender. We used it for our trip last year and it was spot on. We went the last 2 weeks in October.

Whenever I get a day or two off work and want to go into the park with my wife and kids I use touringplans just for which park to go to advice.

I've used it many many times and it is very accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter