• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is There a Job....?

RDR_BU

DIS Veteran
Is there a job that you could not (would not) do even if the pay was great? Why?

I do not think I could be a hospice worker even if the pay was great. I do not handle death very well and that would be very tough on me. A big thanks to all of the hospice workers.

Early childhood services, pre-school or kindergarten teacher, Sunday school director, pediatric doctor or nurse; anything to do with little kids, really. I'm just "not that into them".

Anything in the dental field.

Anywhere I would have to be a cashier

Pretty much any food establishments

Call centers

Anywhere I would have to stand or sit in one spot all day and can only stop working when a bell or buzzer sounds, or have to raise my hand to get up to pick up my printing or go to the bathroom. So, factories, plants, manufacturing or packaging or distribution centers are out.

Anything related to education, medicine, retail, call centers, sanitation, or anything up high.

Cleaning up roadkill.

Anything in the medical field. I'd much rather be the previously mentioned road kill remover.

I would never work in a call center again! I would actually feel sick to my stomach as I was driving into work. It was the worst year of my working life!!

I can't stand being sick, seeing sick people so being a Nurse or Doctor would be out the window for me.

Pest control -- I am afraid of spiders and rodents.

Anything with waste and sewage -- self explanatory.

podiatrist...or anything with feet! eeeww...anything involving bugs
On the other hand, I would like to work with a hospice I think.

Is there a job that you could not (would not) do even if the pay was great? Why?

I do not think I could be a hospice worker even if the pay was great. I do not handle death very well and that would be very tough on me. A big thanks to all of the hospice workers.

I just have to agree about the hospice workers. My grandfather came to live with me about five months ago. He desperately did not want to go into a nursing home, but was unable to live alone anymore. He had a stroke 6 weeks ago. I honestly don't think I'd be able to make it without the hospice workers. They are truly special angels and I'm eternally grateful to them.

Now to answer your question..... I could never be the person that sniffs armpits to test if a deodorant is effective

Veterinarian's office in any capacity - I love animals, too much, and I would get attached to every little furball that came through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter