is there a free dining watch thread for fall?

Oh, NO!! What happened to the 2016 Fall offers?? From my selfish perspective, that is terrible for the US watchers - it's like FD skipped the whole of 2016!
The UK offers always come out a year ahead. No worries, that will not impact the fall 2016 offers for US

This is standard for the UK - our fall FD offer for 2016 came out on April 2015, along with the rest of the year.

Total newbie/lurker coming out to discuss. Hello!

If the free dining was 11/15-11/21, wouldn't that mean that all sorts of people would have free dining for Thanksgiving week? That's unlikely, no?

I *may* be hoping for a few days earlier than that. Ha.
You and me both. :rolleyes1

Usually the blackout starts the Thursday before Thanksgiving week, so if you started your vacation then and stayed for 9+ days you could get the whole Thanksgiving week.

I think 11/15-11/21 might be a typo, and the dates are 10/15-10/21. A little earlier start and end versus historic FD for fall, but if jersey week is at a higher occupancy rate than usual, they may have elimited the early November dates.

Sure hope they aren't planning to switch free dining to run more like room discounts, where you only get them on the nights they're offered. I can't imagine how that would work, but Disney's been doing some crazy things lately...

That's what I'm wondering. The three days at the end of November seems so random, too. Everyone assumes the offer stays the same and just the dates change from year to year, but last year you had to add on hoppers. Maybe there is an additional piece to this year's that we aren't aware of yet.

I don't think "Jersey week" is the cause - I think it has to do with the timing of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We're booked 11/4-13 and there are a lot of rooms booked at that time already

Also still waiting. We are going in November, but there appears to be quite a few events going on November 2016 in addition to Wine & Dine and Jersey Week.

W&D Marathon weekend 11/3 - 11/6

Dapper Day 11/12

D23 11/19 - 11/20

Me too! Waiting waiting ...
was hoping for last week in oct but looks like we're going to have to move to September

How far in advance do visa card holders get notified about the special offers. I would think if it was getting released monday for them they would surely be leaks of that by now.

How far in advance do visa card holders get notified about the special offers. I would think if it was getting released monday for them they would surely be leaks of that by now.[/
How far in advance do visa card holders get notified about the special offers. I would think if it was getting released monday for them they would surely be leaks of that by now.
I'm curious too. Wondering if the April 25th date might be for visa holders or if there is no advanced visa promo and April 25th is for everyone. Hopefully we will know for certain this week! Also I have seen different November leaked dates. Can't wait to know what the real info is!

Are you a TA or do you work for Disney Reservations? I am just curious. There is so much chatter and my head is spinning. One guest said she added free dining online herself to and existing res. Another was a TA that added it to an existing res online as well. There is now an edit button to change an offer that was not there before. It makes no sense if all of these agents are calling to in, why would they not do it online themselves. Let me also ask you, the day the FD offer comes out, can we see that on the drop down on our TA portal site with the other offers or is FD and exception? I just want to be ready to call or whatnot on the day any offer is released so I can help my clients.

What xipotec is telling you is not all rooms are available for free dining, and/or not all rooms will be available when you/travel agent gets through. Whether its called cancel or modify reservation, your reservation will changed and the cost can also.Examples below.
Example 1: You may have a standard room booked at port orleans, and lets say standard rooms are included, but are all booked up for the free dining. They might have an upgraded room (Royal room) with free dining available, but it will be say $400 more. You still come out ahead, but will have to pay the extra money.
Example 2:You have a garden wing room booked at the contemporary. The contemporary is included in free dining, but all garden wing rooms are excluded. You will have to cancel/modify your reservation to a different room class.

I hope this helps, like everyone is saying, think about all avenues ahead of time. Think about what you are willing to spend and where to stay if a change in rooms or resorts is needed for free dining. When free dining hits, it will be a feeding frenzy, you will need to act immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter