is there a free dining watch thread for fall?

I booked my stay on Disneyworld.com, can I go on there to add the free dining, or should I call? Also, what is the best number to call?

sorry to confuse people. I meant still kicking myself for not booking the Bounce Back BB last year when were were there in September.. We had done 3 yrs on a row sept with FD, all booked via BB... We had decided back then, no disney this year.. well that changed...

I think the modify reservation feature only works if that room category is still not sold out on the free dining offer. They essentially cancel your reservation and book a new one. Can't save the room type you want by booking without an offer and hoping to modify after the free dining is released.

And again, booking rooms without a discount increases occupancy rates thus decreasing the pressure on Disney to fill rooms at a discount. IMO

I am assuming that those who booked standard rooms without discount will not be able to get FD with a standard room. Rumor has it disney limits anyways these rooms for FD. They are not stupid,, you really have to do the math now to calculate:

1. paying a higher room catagory you normally would ( can make hundreds in difference)
2. pay for hopper/h20 if you dont want it.. For a family of 4 one week also hundreds more...

so do your math first!!

Not sure your assumption is correct. I have always been able to get a standard room at either a value or a moderate with FD. And I have been doing this since 2006. I agree that the new ticket requirements makes a difference but when I take my extended family in 2 rooms, 4 per room, you still can't beat FD.

I have a rookie question-
I booked room only at Pop Century and got a great price (under $90 a night) but purposely did not book my tickets yet as I had heard of the free dining but wasn't sure how it worked. On Monday, will I be able to keep my existing room reservation(assuming it falls in the dates) and then add my tickets and get the dining or no? If not, I assume I can buy my tickets separately somewhere along the way?
Free dining requires a package with tickets. You wouldn't be able to purchase the tickets separately.

I have a rookie question-
I booked room only at Pop Century and got a great price (under $90 a night) but purposely did not book my tickets yet as I had heard of the free dining but wasn't sure how it worked. On Monday, will I be able to keep my existing room reservation(assuming it falls in the dates) and then add my tickets and get the dining or no? If not, I assume I can buy my tickets separately somewhere along the way?
Where did you get 90. A night?!? What dates?

I'm at Pop Century a day after you, BookGirl305! We check in on 8/23 for 9 nights, just my DD and me. We're actually getting a rental car - got one for $130 including tax. I normally don't do that - haven't had a rental car in a few years in Orlando, but our Annual Passes expire on the 30th or so, and she wants to go back to Wonderworks. I want to be able to run to the store for snacks or things, so we decided to have a car this time.

We're paying about the same price. If (and that's an IF as I don't think we can count on anything) free dining comes out, we will pay a bit more as it will be rack rate, if our room type is available (we have a room with a roll in shower booked as she has difficulty standing in the shower and their shower seats from housekeeping are hit or miss plus we got the king plus double bed room type).

If it comes out, we'll save our tickets for next spring. So I'm not too worried - either way it would end up costing us more initially but then we'll have tickets for another trip.

$86 a night at the Pop Century, checking in Monday 8/22, departing Friday 8/26. Booked it on the Disney site. I may end up better just keeping my current reservation and buying my own meals. I usually stay off-site but for 86 bucks... this time I'll take the bus from the airport and let someone else think for a while.

Ahh thank you!! We are waiting for the room discounts for September! Hoping to get that price!

Not sure your assumption is correct. I have always been able to get a standard room at either a value or a moderate with FD. And I have been doing this since 2006. I agree that the new ticket requirements makes a difference but when I take my extended family in 2 rooms, 4 per room, you still can't beat FD.
Same here. I have always got a standard room, i also have gone every FD since 2006. Only 1 year I couldn't because we wanted to add two days later on and standard were not available so we had to switch to water view.

Well I have been trying to call since 7am and cannot get through to modify my ressie!!! This is crazy! Anyone else having a hard time?!?!

Well I have been trying to call since 7am and cannot get through to modify my ressie!!! This is crazy! Anyone else having a hard time?!?!
I've been on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes. When I first got thru quote was 45 minutes wait.
Thinking I might just book a new online pkg and cancel my first one later even tho its paid in full.
Does anyone know, will I get a full refund including ins? and if I just pay deposit can I add ins later?

I've been on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes. When I first got thru quote was 45 minutes wait.
Thinking I might just book a new online pkg and cancel my first one later even tho its paid in full.
Does anyone know, will I get a full refund including ins? and if I just pay deposit can I add ins later?

Insurance is not refundable. Can you modify your reservation online?

If booking a new package, insurance can be added up until your pay-in-full date.

I received an email from Disney Visa this morning with a free dining link that starts August 14. My dates weren't available in the value resorts through the Disneyworld website, but were available through the Visa link. Hope this helps someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter