Is the Canadian Postal Strike Really Over?

I got a few items today that are clearly very late. One of them being my Bell bill...payment was due on the 7th and it usually comes about 10 days in advance.

On the zipping right along front....I got an envelope that was sent from NY, NY and it was post marked July 5. That's actually 3 days faster than the last time they sent me something.

For those waiting for the Disney Vacation packages, a post on another thread of the Canada board indicated that Disney has been delaying shipment of these because they are aware of the strike. It might not be caught up at CP at all...

I hope this is true! We're 39 days out! I'm so so anxious we won't get it in time! I suppose we could collect our luggage ourselves and bring it to the magic express but at 10 pm we'd rather just go straight to the resort lol....

I just want to correct the title of this thread...the strike was over a long, long time ago. It was replaced with a lockout. The rotating strikes that occurred before the lockout were not affecting my mail delivery at all.

I just want to correct the title of this thread...the strike was over a long, long time ago. It was replaced with a lockout. The rotating strikes that occurred before the lockout were not affecting my mail delivery at all.

Very true:thumbsup2

We just started receiving large wads of mail, including a couple bills due last week. :(

Regarding waiting for a WDW travel package, I always found they arrived relatively late to begin with (10-15 days before the trip, not 30-45 days). If they haven't arrived a week before your trip, call your travel agent or WDW and they will figure something out.

I've gone from receiving 20-30 pieces of mail a week to getting 2 :confused3. Hadn't seen a bill in ages, until today - Gas Bill ... which was due yesterday! As for my subscription to Entertainment Weekly, haven't gotten the last 3 issues! :mad:

I received my Disney package yesterday by UPS for our Aug 21-27 trip and Magic Express luggage tags are to follow later.

I've gone from receiving 20-30 pieces of mail a week to getting 2 :confused3. Hadn't seen a bill in ages, until today - Gas Bill ... which was due yesterday! As for my subscription to Entertainment Weekly, haven't gotten the last 3 issues! :mad:

Same with us! Since the strike was over, we haven't been really getting any mail. Seems to me, they are holding it, or something to that effect, as the pattern has totally changed.

And there is no rhyme nor reason for what is coming - one letter came within a few days, and then another is weeks overdue, so I'm assuming that is being held up in a sorting pile somewhere.

Not sure how they are going to make sure all pieces of mail are delivered. I'm sure stuff has gone missing - I am missing two very important letters, and have no idea when I will get them, so I can't really go back to the vendor at this point, as that is not fair to them, so, I have to wait and hope my gift card and membership card come soon. :confused:

Tiger

We are still getting one or 2 pieces of mail a day and mostly bills coming in late. I have notices around our place another company bringing mail too for the past week. They are the ones that brought me my original photopass cd that I ordered June 11 yesterday. The second photopass I requested last week got delivered by fedex 2 days later.

I am missing all the papers for the girls school as they start this September. apparently it was mailed June 3. Another thing we are desperatly missing is our cheque from Great West life for over $5000 in medical expenses which was mailled June 3.

I paid my August package on July 8 and received my package by UPS yesterday with Me tag to follow later on.

I am only receiving 'new' mail. I am waiting for a cheque that was sent pre-strike and I received the overdue notice for my home insurance but have yet to recieve the original statement :headache:

I emailed regarding my Celebrations magazine and was told it will be in the mail as soon as they get the OK from Canada Post. They told them that many US magazines were put on hold. Hopefully it and Orlando Attractions will arrive soon.

I renewed my zoo membership post strike and received the new card in three days!

A lot has happened at Canada Post the last couple of months. The rotating strikes didn't affect mail delivery. The lockout did. Canada Post locked out the employees for 2 weeks and no mail moved.

I've been anxiously waiting for Halloween tickets, and was shocked they took less than a week. UPS and Fed Ex came through once again.:banana:

A lot has happened at Canada Post the last couple of months. The rotating strikes didn't affect mail delivery. The lockout did. Canada Post locked out the employees for 2 weeks and no mail moved.

Well, the rotating strikes had enough of an impact on service that Canada Post did the right thing by locking the workers out. They didn't even strike in Ottawa and I was having letters and packages getting stuck in random places in the postal system.

Well, the rotating strikes had enough of an impact on service that Canada Post did the right thing by locking the workers out. They didn't even strike in Ottawa and I was having letters and packages getting stuck in random places in the postal system.

Yeah some of that happened to me too. And then after the lock out stuff is even more delayed.

We finally got our Magical express today! it came through UPS so at least we didn't have to wait for regular mail to get itself sorted and delivered!

I've only received 5 peices of mail since the lock out ended!!!

Mind you, if the employees were not striking in the first place, there would not have been a lockout.

I just started getting a lot of my ebay purchases from the beginning of the strike in the last couple of days!

I just started getting a lot of my ebay purchases from the beginning of the strike in the last couple of days!
I know how you feel. Just got the visa bill that was due 15 days ago! Thank God for the internet and the ability to view my bills!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter