Is the Canadian Postal Strike Really Over?

Tower

DIS Veteran
DW told me that Canada Post is denying this, but we have not received ONE SHRED of mail for the entire week! Not one piece of Junk Mail!
Now we're in West Mississauga area, close to Toronto, but could this be still protest over the back-to-work legislation? We have a Conservative MP in our riding and wondering if this has some impact?

I've received some mail.

I tried looking at the postmark for the date, but none of them have one they are all pre-made envelopes with the postage paid. Wish at least one would have had the date stamped on it.

We have been receiving mail, including bills (darn it) all week. There is a backlog of mail that accumulated during the strike. I don't think there is anything sinister going on, just working through a pile of mail.

We have received a piece or two almost everyday since the strike ended. All of it had been mailed since the strike ended.... No old mail as yet!!!!

Guess we will get it eventually...................mixed in with our Christmas cards!

They said it will be a month at least before things get back to normal. I had a week with no mail before the strike so I don't think it's a plot or anything. Posty could be sick, sorting facility could be jammed. I will say that most of the stuff i am getting is junk. And did anyone notice that hydro One and Enbridge were quick to tell everyone they still had to pay their bills regardless, but magazines weren't purolatored to my house that I paid for in advance. What gives???

We have received a piece or two almost everyday since the strike ended. All of it had been mailed since the strike ended.... No old mail as yet!!!!

Guess we will get it eventually...................mixed in with our Christmas cards!

That's what I noticed too - only new mail is coming - stuff I have been expecting since the beginning of June has yet to arrive.

They should be catching up. Today I received two magazines from my regular subscriptions - one which was for July, which means it normally would have been delivered early last month.

I had some online shopping orders shipped through Canada Post just two days before the workers were locked out, so my orders were in limbo the whole time during the lockout. I received my deliveries about two days after the workers came back, which was a pleasant surprise since I thought it would take much longer to get them.

Those in/near Toronto and Montreal will find it takes longer for things to get back to normal. Those were the two sorting facilities that were closed (during the rolling strike phase) when the shut down occurred, so the backlog is bigger at those two facilities.

I've had mail every day....I didn't look to see if it was old or new. The only item that I knew was held up due to the strike I got about 3 or 4 days after they came back to work. I have had items this week that are for sure new.

Now that I think about it....I have not received anything from Bell.

We've received very little mail at home, mostly junk. My magazines seem to be MIA:rolleyes1. I've received tons at the office though. I'm wondering if businesses are getting priority - our mail usually consist of cheques from insurance comapanies, and we're ok, but for some businesses I would think the delay in getting payments by mail could be quite a struggle.

Lots of junk mail, and my Old Navy package, but still waiting on My Points gift card, zoo membership, etc.

I honestly don't believe they are operating in a normal fashion. Our whole neighborhood is only getting bits and pieces, and it's inconsistent.

Not sure what they are doing, but they should have caught up by now, I would think?

Tiger

We've only received a couple pieces of mail since the strike ended. I'm hoping it gets back to normal soon as I'm expecting some Disney gift cards! ;)

I've been getting a small stack of maile every day. I even got a package today (sat) which is really unusual.

We've only received 3 peices of mail since they've gone back to work...I'm impatiently waiting for my disney vacation package to arrive - we're at 41 days out and I've gotten NOTHING! LOL....

We've only received 3 peices of mail since they've gone back to work...I'm impatiently waiting for my disney vacation package to arrive - we're at 41 days out and I've gotten NOTHING! LOL....

I am with you on this! very little mail, and waiting for the Disney package.... but we just completed payment.49 more days to get here!:rotfl:

Our postmaster said that in a conference call she had with canada post that there was a million bundles of mail waiting in Halifax to be processed so it could be a while before they get it all sent out. That's just Halifax, can't imagine what it's like in Toronto, Montreal etc.

Our mail has been coming in slowly but steadily with a few pieces that had been sent before the strike.

However I ordered a air conditioner from Future Shop last week and noticed that the tracking info has changed from a delivery date to "Item Delayed - Temporary volume surge as we resume operations".
Now that is a time sensitive item. If arrives in September I probably won't want it as much:confused3:rotfl:.

I think management at CP should put on overtime shifts to clear the back log. They were going on about how they want to rebuild the brand after the strike and I think moving out the mail that is sitting in the warehouses might help:rotfl:

Okay, I just got a big bundle of mail today. Bills, bills, bills! One of them is due today...

Yup, strike is certainly over now!

For those waiting for the Disney Vacation packages, a post on another thread of the Canada board indicated that Disney has been delaying shipment of these because they are aware of the strike. It might not be caught up at CP at all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter