Is Stacey still a dowdy soccer mom?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by sss, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

OK, I noticed this too. She looks Awful compared to the other ones. We noticed she drastically changed looks when we were there in March 2009. Her hair is AWFUL! It used to be kind of stylish, if I remember right, but this one was long and stringy and thrwon back in a barret. And not nicely either.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

OK, I went and looked at past years too, and I guess her hair was always awful. LOL! But last trip for some reason that was the first thing I focused on. But she is much more peppy in the older ones.

4. Praying Colonel

Praying Colonel DIS Veteran

Agreed, but I also see the OP's point--her clothes are less colorful than in the previous "Top 7" video, and they brought the energy down a little, too. I definitely prefer "Top 7" to the current one, but I still like Stacey. :thumbsup2

5. BrianD

BrianD DIS Veteran

I say do away with the "Top Whatever..." and bring back the "Tip for Today"!

6. rosiep

rosiep <font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve

Love Stacey, but have to agree I do not like this toned down version of her.

7. freshmanjs

freshmanjs DIS Veteran

I just returned from WDW and can confirm that it is still the toned down, dowdy version of stacey.

the reason she was so good in her original video was that she displayed great enthusiasm for the parks. she was having FUN and made the viewer want to go have fun.

the new version of stacey is sedate, calmer, less fun.

it is not about whether she looks good or bad, nor is it about whether women on this board wished they looked like her or not. the issue is whether she is projecting the image of fun and youthful exuberance that makes these videos good.

i say not, sadly.

8. boxer

boxer DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Ok, since I'm a man, someone is going to need to explain what dowdy means before I comment on this thread!

9. boxer

boxer DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Ok, I may be mis-pronouncing this----but no one caught her name? LOL.

10. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

–adjective
    1. not stylish; drab; old-fashioned: Why do you always wear those dowdy old dresses?
    2. not neat or tidy; shabby.
    –noun
    3. a dowdy woman.

dictionary.com is your friend.

11. Northern Disney Girl

Northern Disney Girl DIS Veteran

I would just like to say that no matter how she looks and how she dresses, Ms Stacey is a VERY LOVELY LADY. We actually had the priviledge of meeting her in 2009 when she was in the MK filming the "newer" footage! She actually took time out of filming to shake our hands, sign our autograph book and take a photo!! :) You can read about our experience in the following link!!!

Meeting Stacy!!!!!

[​IMG]

12. grace&philipsmom

grace&philipsmom DIS Veteran

I don't think it is so much an issue of being older or how she is dressed, but the energy level is not the same. Definitely less enthusiasm.

13. Lil Davy

Lil Davy Mouseketeer

Dowdy or not, I think she's hot :) She's the only reason I kept watchin the clips over and over again when I was in the room.

14. grimley1968

grimley1968 DIS Veteran

But she's Joanie from Happy Days! :happytv:

Do you have a bandanna tied around your leg like Chachi? :scared1:

Semi-seriously, her attractiveness to me is limited by her resemblance to Joanie. Let's just say I don't share Chachi's taste in women. ;)

15. mefordis

mefordis Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

She's 42, so I think they wanted her to calm down a bit and not act like a teenager any longer.

16. mauigal

mauigal Yay! For the happiest place on earth!

I like her....even tho I always say it's annoying,she's the 1st thing we turn on when we get into the room after arriving to Disney World!! It's 'Disney' to us!! :confused3 Just sayin'

17. wildernesslodgelover

wildernesslodgelover <font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo

NorthernDisneyGirl-I am soooo jealous you got to meet her! Our family loves her. Sometimes I watch the Top 7 on youtube just to get a fix!

I think in the original Top 7, she was perfect, because she was sexy enough in her tankini at the water parks to keep my hubby interested...yet she seemed approachable and friendly for us moms! I really admired her buff arms and shoulders.

I was surprised when I found out her age. I think she looks fabulous. I agree, in the latest show (I forget what it is even called) I don't think she is at her best.

I don't think she looks anything like Joanie.

Anyway, I am a fan, and do prefer the Top 7 to the new show.

18. Turkey Lurkey

Turkey Lurkey DIS Dad #551

I'm waiting patiently for Cyborg Stacey.

TL

19. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Stacey
    [​IMG]
    Erin
    [​IMG]

These people look nothing like each other.

20. Family Fun Mom

Family Fun Mom <font color=green>No longer tagless... my wit has

In the past I've seen many threads on how "annoying" Stacey was with all that energy, now that she's toned down she "boring." The woman can't win. :confused3

I like the more peppy version myself, it makes you want to go out to the parks and have as much fun as she looks like she is having!

21. The_Aviator

The_Aviator Mouseketeer

Oh wow, luckiest people alive i reckon!