Is Seaworld worth it?

I think its deffo down to personal choice. I have been to Orlando 4 times now as an adult and as a child. Hubbie and I decided on our last trip that we would never go back again. That poor polar bear pacing up and down is the only image I get when I think of Sea World. Our Children have never been but I am sure they will not mind missing out on SeaWorld

I love it and couldn't imagine not going. I don't have kids but I know when I do I'll want to take them there. It's educational, but not in a boring way. You wouldn't even know you were learning, most of the time

buzz242 said:
We could never visit Florida without a day or two at Seaworld, we love the laid back feeling in the park and always make it the first place we go to.

otally agree we could never visit without going and it has always been the first place we go, day one is always sea world and on our next visit we intend on going at least twice! :-)

SeaWorld is always such an objective thing... so obviously there are only opinions here. (Is there ever anything else?! :faint: )

Mine is that I adore SeaWorld. I think it is a wonderful day (or two) out.

I think it is educational and enjoyable.

I do, as with most animal exhibits, have my reservations because these animals (the healthy ones) should probably be in the wild). But I'm afraid that doesn't stop me going. A lot of their work is conservation and rehabilitation alongside education.

Also: I think they have some excellent rides!! Shame you won't be going on them.

This being said, there is a hell of a lot to do over there and I've never been to KSC so... :confused3

Hope this helps in some way or another.

I like Sea World but won't be going this trip. It doesn't change often enough to keep us going. The shows have been pretty much the same for the last 5-10 years. They're spectacular, but once you've seen them 2-3 times...The also rival Disney in terms of cheesiness ;)

We love Sea World, my son is obsessed with Dolphins and he is in his element here, some of my fondest memories of him as a toddler are of him here, with his beloved "dolphies" we also have annual passes, but we include Aquatica too, personally I think getting the free parking makes the AP worth it on its own!

Can't wait to go back again this year!

We have been in the past, but when i saw the Polar bear, miles from its natural habitat locked up in an underground tank in an artificial ice environment, that did it for me. Just made me feel like the whole place was unethical!

It's all down to personal choice but we as a family wouldn't miss it for the World, my daughter would love to work there, we love all the show as and don't really do the rides.

We find it a very relaxing day and are looking forward to going back next year :)

I know it's not particularly expensive but we can't decide if it's worth going or not:confused3

I wouldn't really want to go on any of the rollercoasters and although I love the whales, dolphins, penguins and polar bears I HATE normal fish, as in they terrify me:rotfl: Plus if we do Seaworld it means we have no days that we don't have a park or shopping planned :sad2:

We considered Kennedy Space Center instead but I think that's a bit too far away considering we won't be driving.

So is it worth going just for the shows and exhibits?

Personally, I love Seaworld, so does our daughter. DW not so much but she likes the rides. I think it's definitely an experience and if you enjoy the animals, you'll enjoy the park. That said, I did feel the last time we were there in Feb last year, it was looking a little tired in places.

We go every trip. Been AP holders for a few years now.
Don't know what tickets cost now, I pay £75 per year for unlimited access to SW & Busch Gardens with free parking. Great value.:thumbsup2

We also like KSC, you will just have to do some next trip.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but do you get a discount for Discovery Cove with the AP, Wayne?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter