Is Pop Warner really that bad?

wdwgirl100

Mouseketeer
I am booked at ASMu for Dec.2 -8, should I try to switch to a moderate to have any peace and quiet? I don't want to be awakened by cheerleaders!

Honestly, the only time I was there during Pop Warner was when I worked at WDW for my internship. My friends and I took the opportunity of huge cast member discounts at the time and spent the weekend at the Pop Century. While I wouldn't call the atmosphere RELAXING I was never woke up an earlier than I wanted to be. When we saw the masses of teenagers in the food court it was a bit crazy because lets just be honest hundreds of teens in one confined space is never going to be quiet but unless you plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel I don't consider it much of a bother! However if you have small children who you plan on enjoying the pool, food court, etc with you might consider a switch just because teens and small children in areas like that don't always mix. We saw 95% of the teens as extremely well behaved and polite but we also saw a few who shoved past small children or were playing a little extra rough in the pool near littler kids. Again they weren't a bother to us as were were 21 years old at the time and just blew it all off but it might be bothersome to families!

You are going to get mixed answers on this, but I personally wouldn't chance it. A year or two ago, Pop got asked to leave because a fight broke out amongst the kids. :(

We stayed at CBR one year during a cheerleading competition and while we couldn't hear them from our rooms, anytime we stepped out we could hear them practicing their cheers on the lawns. They, and their chaparones, were also quite obnoxious on the buses and in the food courts.

Just bear in mind that the walls in most of the mods are quite thin so if you are sensitive to noise, you may not want to chance it.

I think there is one value where Pop Warner does NOT stay-Pop Century maybe? You might consider switching to there.

Good luck! :)

I've heard that you do not even notice them in the parks.

I stayed in the allstars with PW a couple of times...Yes it was loud and they were present everywhere.It didn't really bother me all that much at the time.But that was BEFORE I had kids.Now I wouldn't want to deal with the noise .

I was at Music last year for Pop Warner. The kids were fine. I never awoken by cheerleaders practicing. Now some of them liked to cheer in the bus line but it was every once in a while. I didn't have a problem with them there.

Back in '03, I was at ASMusic at the same time the PW kids were there. The food court was very busy at meal-times, so I ate at off times. The buses were a bit more crowded in the late afternoon/early evening during the week and in the morning on that Sat. During the weekdays, the kids are at their competitions, so not much impact on the parks. At night they come out, and you will see groups of kids in the parks. I really didn't have much issue with them
I have been to WDW, in early Dec, at the same time as the PW kids, about 4 times now. They have never negatively impacted my stays. But, other than that one stay at Music, my stays have been at resorts the PW kids don't stay at.
Will they be an issue at Music while you are there? No one can say for sure. You may be lucky, like I was, and have nicely behaved kids staying there. I really doubt that the issue from last year (that fight) is a common occurance.

We stayed at the CBR two years in a row when the PW kids were there (overflow from the values) and at night they were hanging around the buildings practicing and stuff but the rooms were quiet at night.

In the early am the food court was loaded with kids, super loud and long lines and they didnt clean up after themselves, just left the rubbish on the tables.

At the parks we really didnt notice them that much..a few here and there but not in mass crowds or anything.

No way, get as far away as you can

I agree as well. You couldn't pay us enough to stay at a resort while POP is there.

I don't blame the kids, we were all that age once. It's the 'chaperone's'. (and I use the term loosely) that are the problem.

They let the kids run wild, and do mostly whatever they want.

No one seems to care or realize that there are OTHER guests at the resort as well, many of which have scrimped and saved for a long time just to be at Disney with their families.

The loud cheer leading practices that start at sunrise are nothing short of totally obnoxious.

Shame on them.

They only stay at Sports and now at POR of maybe it is CBR this year. They do stay at Mods as well we have gone 2 years in a row and they are never a trouble at Music. Not even visable never even seen them at the pool. So do not stay away because of them. really that isn't fair to say as they stay mostly Sports. Never even shared buses with them at all. We were there 9 days both times during their entire stay..

I agree as well. You couldn't pay us enough to stay at a resort while POP is there.

I don't blame the kids, we were all that age once. It's the 'chaperone's'. (and I use the term loosely) that are the problem.

They let the kids run wild, and do mostly whatever they want.

No one seems to care or realize that there are OTHER guests at the resort as well, many of which have scrimped and saved for a long time just to be at Disney with their families.

I totally agree with you. My youngest son used to play for Pop Warner and also the Bill George Football League. We traveled often (although we never got to Florida) and we were always very well aware of where the kids were, how they were behaving, etc. We acted responsibly so the kids would. We would see other teams that did not respect other people around them.

Unfortunately, Pop Warner has gotten a bad rap because of a few. People tend to forget that kids are just that "KIDS". And they all have a lot of excess energy and don't just sit and fold their hands and sit quietly. However, there is no excuse for the chaperones not to keep them from destroying property, bothering other guests, being excessively loud or rude.

We stayed at All-Star Movies about 5 years ago when the Pop Warner kids were there and I have to agree with almost every poster- change resorts. We are staying at a Deluxe this year for partially this reason.

They only stay at Sports and now at POR of maybe it is CBR this year. They do stay at Mods as well we have gone 2 years in a row and they are never a trouble at Music. Not even visable never even seen them at the pool. So do not stay away because of them. really that isn't fair to say as they stay mostly Sports. Never even shared buses with them at all. We were there 9 days both times during their entire stay..

This year it is the Allstars and CSR

The loud cheer leading practices that start at sunrise are nothing short of totally obnoxious.

ITA. DS and I were at ASMo one February while some cheerleading competition thing was going on, and never would be around any of that again. A bunch of preteen/teen girls loudly cheering on a bus at 7am make you want to take a hostage. :headache: Never again!

I have been three times during PW, each time at a value, and I can by NO means be considered Child Friendly. We experenced no significant issues, but we were also not located near a pool and had rooms that faced "away" from the main thoroughfare. We also typically eat very early in the morning at the food court. Evenings at the food court were loud mayhem, but we ate supper in the aprks.

A bunch of preteen/teen girls loudly cheering on a bus at 7am make you want to take a hostage. :headache: Never again!

:laughing:

Heh... Well, taking a hostage might be a tad extreme, but I sure know what you mean...

I'm sure the Pop organization does a lot of good for a lot of young people, but it's their attitude at the resorts and in the food courts and on the buses that really steams me.

As I said earlier they seem to have no respect or concern for the other guests at the resort who are unlucky enough to be staying there at the same time...

I can't believe the adults that are supposedly "in charge" of the kids let them behave in such a 'we own the place' manner.

For many folks, a trip to Disney with their family is a 'trip of a lifetime' and a major expense. This thought seems to escape the cheerleaders who begin to screech loudly at six in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter