Is our house haunted?

My sister had a lot of work done on her house, it is the house I grew up in and I had only seen a figure in my mother's room once when I was about 7. She was in the kitchen and saw a little boy dressed in period clothes (knickers and bowl hair cut) standing in her living room. When she looked at him he ran away and evaporated. The house is a duplex and after my aunt died her side was empty. She was over there after some renovations looking at it and saw a black shape whizz across the kitchen. The renovation stirs up activity.

For the first time in her life she went to a medium who was able to give her a huge amount of information some even obscure about family members who passed. At the end she said the little boy who passed young in your house says, "Hi". My sister just about JUMPED out of her chair but did not let the medium know that she knew who she was talking about. Because my sister did not acknowledge the boy the medium did not continue to try to communicate with him .

I am a believer. I think loved ones do find ways to come back and visit us. If you try to explain this to someone who has never had it happen they will just look at you like you have a screw loose.

After my BIL passed my sister came to visit and stay the night at my house. She told me "thanks for turning down the bed for me". I didn't go in that room :confused3 I'm convinced my BIL turned down the bed for her.

I have so many incidences like this, but I don't like to share them because I got tired my people looking at me like I was crazy.;)

I am very skeptical and DH is a huge skeptic but we have had a few things happen that make us go hmmm.

DH has many stories about the house he grew up in (many generation family home) and how they were not allowed to move certain objects. If the object was moved or put away, it would end up back in the correct "spot" regardless of where it had been moved. There is also a picture of his great-grandmother that cannot be moved.

DH's mom died fairly young and well before we met. When DD was born, DH was sad she would never meet the baby. One day, DD was napping in the middle of our big bed, in a bolster so she couldn't roll. DH came home from work and we were standing watching her. She woke up, quietly looked around and then focused on a spot on the ceiling and started "talking". She was only about 6 weeks old so just babbling but it was very intentional for lack of a better word. DH and I turned to each other and said, "She is talking to (your) mom"! Now, neither one of us had said anything about his DM and there were no visual reminders about her in the room, we both just had the same sense at the same time.

DD is actually a twin but I lost her sister early on. About 6 weeks before DD was born, I had an incredibly vivid dream where my lost baby came to me. I was able to hold her, see what she looked like and say goodbye. I actually held her and watched myself give birth. She also told me her name was Isabel. It was an unbelievable experience and it gave me a great measure of peace. I have never, before or since, had a dream of that clarity or feeling.

Last one and it is DD's.
She was about 6ish. She had been giving me attitude all day, sassing and just being a pain. I told her she would be wise to remove herself upstairs and give me some peace. After a bit, I was in the kitchen making dinner and the dogs were with me hoping I would drop something tasty :laughing: All of the sudden, DD calls me from the hallway and says "Mom, why did you grab me!" What the what? I was downstairs, no where near her! I told her it wasn't me and she insisted that a cold hand grabbed her arm. :eek: She was adamant that someone touched her very firmly and to this day, a good 7 years later, she can still describe the experience.

All of these and a few more give me enough pause to at least allow that the possibility exists.

Everyone has the right to believe what they believe of course, but for me, I think we as humans are a little arrogant. I think there are alllllllll kinds of things that exist that we do not have a clue about. I think a lot of this paranormal activity is nothing more than proof that parallel universes do in fact exist. I think these things are existing in our space in another dimension, but sometimes the dimensions cross and this causes this stuff.

I also would not be surprised if there were just straight up entities we cannot see or detect that may cause some of this, not just human spirits, but just things we have no way to scientifically verify. But the bottom line IMO paranormal is very real. Whether or not its scientifically provable is a totally different story, but I just think it is way to common to be discounted. These things exist.

I do even believe that some of these things are what we call "demons." The reason I say this is due to their negative reactions to Christian symbols, like a cross or picture of Jesus. Why would these things hate those objects if not for being what they were described as? Cast out angels that went bad and are now on our planet in spirit form of some type. All just my theory of course, but it does seem to be a very real pattern that many of these things are mean and evil and do not like us for whatever reason and seek to cause any harm they can. (One recent example of that is my friends house where he says he has major paranormal and that frequently his crosses hanging on the walls and his pictures of Jesus all get knocked off the walls and he'll awake to see them all on the ground.)

Luckily I don't think I have this. I do not know exactly what I have. I thought it most likely is just my aunt's spirit, and I still think that, but I also think there may be other things going on. That is why I am having the TAPS team come out. BTW this is not the famous TAPS team from the TV show. Most states have their own chapters, these people are from my state, just local, not the famous guys.

The curio cabinet story reminds me of something that happened to my mother. Both of my Grandmothers died within a month of each other (and my Grandfather died a month before that, rough year). These two women were both hoarders of trinkets, glass, furniture, whatever. They also DESPISED each other.

My parents consolidated all three households and moved into my paternal grandparents house. One of the items that ended up there was my maternal grandmothers huge curio cabinet with many of her treasures in it. My mother just happened to put a trinket belonging to my paternal grandmother in there one day, and kind of laughed about how it would get along with the other items. The next day she heard a noise coming from the curio cabinet and looked over just in time to see one of her mothers trinkets push the "interloper" out of the cabinet and onto the floor.

I've tried several times to hang a framed picture of my maternal grandmother on my wall. After multiple frames in 2 different houses, I've given up. I've never had any other picture fall off the wall and break. But hers has, multiple times. Usually after I've related some crazy story about her to someone (she was an undiagnosed schizophrenic and did some odd things).

And not to leave my paternal grandmother out. My son was born about a year after she died. When we'd go to visit my parents, I'd sit in her formal sitting room to nurse him. She was the only person allowed in that room when I was growing up. Kids and men didn't dare set foot in there, so I always took a little guilty pleasure from the fact that my son was not only in the sitting room, he was EATING in there. She'd have had a fit. Anyway,when he got old enough to look around and babble, he would always fixate on a rocking chair that she liked and talk and talk to it. I like to thing she was visiting him.

I believe in ghosts- there was a point where I didn't, but a very close family friend is a ghost hunter. One trip on an investigation with him made me believe in ghosts- I saw a completely closed door swing open in front of me, and I was kneeling on the floor and felt like someone was behind me, but didn't say anything. We went downstairs, and there were red marks down my back. He told me the kids(we were in the kids room) were just trying to play with me, and I would know if they wanted to hurt me.

The house we live in now is haunted- at first we thought it was just our imaginations, but had several incidents that finally convinced us, and then we had our ghost hunter friend over and he confirmed it. My sister is very sensitive to paranormal stuff, and goes on quite a few investigations with him, and she finally admitted to us that she'd been feeling three people's presences, but had been trying to convince herself they weren't there.

My sister and I were sitting in two seperate rooms, each one next to the kitchen. We suddenly heard dishes crashing, as if they were falling. We each yelled to each other to see if we were ok, then realized neither of us made the noise. We searched the kitchen, and couldn't find anything- no dishes in the sink, nothing in the cabinets was wrong. My mom and step-dad told us after that that they always hear noises in the kitchen at night, and have always assumed that it was us. They told us some of the nights they'd heard it, and we pointed out that we were at our dad's one of those nights.

At night, I would hear noises in my step-brothers' room, which I share a wall with- they're only here every other weekend, but the noises happened only when they weren't there. It sounded like someone was moving their toys around and rearranging them. I sleep with two fans on, and the noises were loud enough that I heard them over the fans.

The most recent one was a few weeks ago. I was walking through the kitchen towards the family room, with my back to the toaster. All of a sudden, I heard the toaster pop. All three of our animals were sleeping in front of me, and all three woke up and turned to stare at the toaster, so I know I wasn't hearing things. I turned around, and there was nothing in the toaster. I walked over to it, and it wasn't even warm.

Honestly, I don't mind them- I think it's kind of cool. They don't try to interact with us, and we've asked them to stop doing certain things, and they have. For example, I asked them to not make noises in my brothers' room when I'm in my room, and they've complied- I haven't heard a single noise since then.

Princess_Meghan <3 said:
I believe in ghosts- there was a point where I didn't, but a very close family friend is a ghost hunter. One trip on an investigation with him made me believe in ghosts- I saw a completely closed door swing open in front of me, and I was kneeling on the floor and felt like someone was behind me, but didn't say anything. We went downstairs, and there were red marks down my back. He told me the kids(we were in the kids room) were just trying to play with me, and I would know if they wanted to hurt me.

The house we live in now is haunted- at first we thought it was just our imaginations, but had several incidents that finally convinced us, and then we had our ghost hunter friend over and he confirmed it. My sister is very sensitive to paranormal stuff, and goes on quite a few investigations with him, and she finally admitted to us that she'd been feeling three people's presences, but had been trying to convince herself they weren't there.

My sister and I were sitting in two seperate rooms, each one next to the kitchen. We suddenly heard dishes crashing, as if they were falling. We each yelled to each other to see if we were ok, then realized neither of us made the noise. We searched the kitchen, and couldn't find anything- no dishes in the sink, nothing in the cabinets was wrong. My mom and step-dad told us after that that they always hear noises in the kitchen at night, and have always assumed that it was us. They told us some of the nights they'd heard it, and we pointed out that we were at our dad's one of those nights.

At night, I would hear noises in my step-brothers' room, which I share a wall with- they're only here every other weekend, but the noises happened only when they weren't there. It sounded like someone was moving their toys around and rearranging them. I sleep with two fans on, and the noises were loud enough that I heard them over the fans.

The most recent one was a few weeks ago. I was walking through the kitchen towards the family room, with my back to the toaster. All of a sudden, I heard the toaster pop. All three of our animals were sleeping in front of me, and all three woke up and turned to stare at the toaster, so I know I wasn't hearing things. I turned around, and there was nothing in the toaster. I walked over to it, and it wasn't even warm.

Honestly, I don't mind them- I think it's kind of cool. They don't try to interact with us, and we've asked them to stop doing certain things, and they have. For example, I asked them to not make noises in my brothers' room when I'm in my room, and they've complied- I haven't heard a single noise since then.

That's so creepy, yet cool. I would probably be terrified though!

I agree with skeptics not actually having an encounter. My grandfathers house is/was very haunted. I am sorry at how long this ended up being.

A few months after my grandma passed I was spending the evening with pop. We ate dinner watched the news and then watched whatever was on until my mom came to get me. We said goodnight got into the car and watched him turn off all the lights down stairs except the one going up where you can turn off the light once you hit the landing. He has a gravel road so you had to drive slow, when we reached the window where the staircase was we watched him walk up, then watched a full bodied apparition that looked exactly like gma go behind him. I have walked into his house several times to him having a full blown conversation with someone complete with pauses and yeses and answers to unheard questions. When he was in end stage colon cancer I quit my job to go take care of him. The first week he was in the hospital and my mil and I were there alone. We both slept down on the couches because we were scared. We had the TV on, but since he did not have cable just one of those digital boxes we weren't aware that the particular digital box he had went off after several hours of inactivity. When it did, my grandmother was apparently not to thrilled and threw a towel onto mil. There were no towels on that level. It landed right on her face, I woke up because my dog who had been under my cover frantically scrambled out and began barking hysterically toward the formal living room. The next day we got up early got ready fur the day at the hospital, tucked Veronica into the guest bedroom with food and water then made sure all the lights and tv were off. When we got home it was dark, something we weren't anticipating-light was on only in the room Veronica was in. No poop or pee anywhere but on the puppy pad-an occurrence that did not happen at home. Rinse repeat for a week. I finally convince my pops nephew to get him on hospice so he can come home "he would not eat hospital food. Never would, so he got classified as failure to thrive. He was power of attorney because my pop didnt want me to drop everything for him, which I did anyway because he was more my parent then my parents ever were, so I did anyway. I along with mil and the cma's took care of him for almost a month and a half, the same occurrences happened the whole time. The two days before he passed it got real bad. I was sitting in the formal living room which had been converted into our new campground, and the hospice site now set up in the main living room. My mil and cma on duty was changing his bed clothes and helping him go to the bathroom, and his nightly sponge down the only thing I didn't help do-because being lucid the whole time he didnt want me to. I was watching Scott Pilgrim for the tenth or so time(one of the only DVD's I had when I heard footsteps run down the stairs then stop abruptly. I had no desire to look, therefore my eyes were glued to the TV. I even slunk down on the floor carefully to lay on my tummy and once I was in position to see well something growled my name. It did not sound nice at all. I was freaked, and shielded my eyes and ran past outside to pops car I was using, since my hubby had mine. I sat there and called my BFF who lived 10 minutes away and he came and took me to dinner. We get back and everything was ok. Next day. I'm reading a book- one in the morganville vampires series. My grandpa starts calling my name, mil's name, husband's name(who was not there) saying come quick. Both mil and I rush to him, he said tell those boys to stop starring at me. They give me the heebie jeebies. Well could you guess there was no one there? Could you also guess he had two brothers pass away there both under the age of 13? One may have been a cousin, I cannot remember. Either way I was spooked. The next day he began asking for 2 things the pain meds-which up until that point he refused to take, and a priest. We called the hospice company and they sent over their chaplain but my grandfather had fallen asleep. Our Head RN came with the chaplain and told us to call any relatives who wished to say goodbye. I was inconsolable so I praise my mil for all the calls she made both that night and the next morning. He never woke up. My husband drove down that night because I could not stop crying. I was glad he did. The next morning around 6am my mil crept into the room we were at trying not to wake me, but I was on high alert, I felt her come in and was already getting up when she just touched my husband and began to cry. I ran down and hugged him, upset I had gone to sleep. I stood by him sobbing. Mil made all the important calls. RN came to do all the official things. Mom and I went to make the funeral arrangements. Family from pa came in to town. I was over extended yet very wired that night. There was a strange calm to the house like everyone was just waiting for my pop to be at rest. I literally felt someone sit down on the bed with me, and kiss my forehead. The next thing I know I am waking up.

Oh my gosh, Sleep paralysis is horrible. I have had some really terrifying episodes. I hate it so much. It's the most scared I have ever been.

It was petrifying. I still remember every detail even though it happened a few years ago :scared:

I very kindly prefer to think that people who don't believe in ghosts have never lived in a haunted house.

I lived in one for a couple of years. It was about 200 years old, so the house had every right to have picked up a spirit or two! I watched as the pull cord on our blinds started dancing as though someone was pulling on them. Pulling and letting go. Pulling and letting go. Over and over and over again. No vents or anything near it, and a vent wouldn't explain how the thing stretched tight then let go. . .

Once I watched in amazement as a dryer door swung out of the way of my head then swung back into place once I was out of the way (we had a stackable washer dryer in our downstairs bathroom).

Our dogs were allowed into the house once when it started raining and we weren't home.

It only got a little creepy when I started taking showers and when I washed my hair I would hear a hard knock in the shower stall. I thought it was the taps, but it was a little creepy so I started varying my routine. The rap always, no matter what I did, occurred when my eyes were closed and I was washing the shampoo out of my hair. Not before. Not after. No washing hair, no rap. I could shampoo then wash off or I could wash off then shampoo. It was always when I was rinsing the shampoo off.

The really creepy moment came when I got out of bed one frosty morning, pulled on my robe and went downstairs. I let the dogs out to do their morning necessities, then I went to do my morning necessities. As I sat down on the throne, my robe fell open and I looked to see two very dark handprints on my calves, positioned with the fingers pointing towards my torso. Fascinated, I put my hands against the handprints. They did not fit. The palms and the fingers were about my size but variant (I believe the palms were larger and the fingers smaller.) My DH's hands are much larger than mine, and we were the only living humans in the house.

A few other smaller things happened, but those are the big ones that convinced me that something was happening in the house. What, I do not know. :confused3 I call it a haunting because that is the easiest way to describe it. All I know is what happened.

Okay, I only read as far as your post, and you are officially freaking me out!!!:scared1:

Funny incident last night. My activity sometimes seems to be a little routine and things start happening around 5 am a lot of time. So this morning, the 5 am activity starts, its so loud it wakes me up. My suspected ghost is my dead aunt who's name is Rebecca so I yell out from my bed "Rebecca what are you doing?!?!" I could swear I hear back "shut up and ______" part of it couldn't make out. But from the skeptics side, I was half asleep so I do not know for sure if I did hear this or if it was just one of those things that happens when you are half asleep because I was half asleep, but it is kind of funny.

I will never say anybody is nuts ever again.
We lived in our home for 12 years. We have had several things happen that at first we thought was our imagination.
When we first moved in we had a small 13" TV in the kitchen that we had fior the kids to watch cartoons and eat breakfast (I know I know but it worked) that would not just randomly turn itself on and off but change the channels too. Could have been another frequency interfearing. Maybe.
I was at the computer desk one night instant messaging my best friend and I had placed the furniture cleaner on top the refrigerator at least 10 foot away and when I got up from the chair I was sitting in it was right behing me on the floor. Kids were in bed. DH not home.
Always had an overwhelming feeling of being watched while down in the basement
Dryer in the basement and was doing some work down there and thought I would do some laundry while down there. Started the dryer and went about my business not 5 minutes later the dryer stops. Went to investigate dryer door all the way open like you would open it to get clothes out.
Son was in the bathroom with the door locked and put his towel on the hook right outside the shower. When he was done went to grab the towel and not there. Found towel on other side of the bathroom on floor. It was a pretty big bathroom.
Sons fan in his bedroom would turn off and on randomly.
Lights in craft room would tun off and on randomly
Heard someone call my name very loud and thought it was my DH not him he was at the neighbors
Took a picture of my son. In between him and me was a a figure of something or someone.
This list could go on and on but the thing that made me say :scared1::scared1:
I was in the basement cleaning out the garage getting rid of a few things and getting ready to move. I wanted to be kept company cause of all the creepiness we dealt with so i had the tv on in the extra room connecting to the garage and kept the door open to the garage. In the room is another door directly across from the open door but it was shut. (with me so far)I was carrying some things back and forth and I happened to look at the closed door and saw with my very own eyes and black mass in the shape of a person standing in front of the door frame. You could not see through it. and it was about 6 foot tall and scared the tee total crap out of me. I ran out the garage and through the front door and tried to tell m DH what had just happened. I was histarical.
Needless to say I will never question anyone ever again who says they saw something because I KNOW what I saw.

ETA we had the electrical checked in that house and ever since we moved. Nothing.

I totally believe. Just last night I was sitting on my couch and heard footsteps walking past me, floor creaking and all.
When my dgd was born, she had an uncle that passed away 5 month before. She is always talking to him. She is 4 now and tells us about the man with the brown hair that would come to talk to her. I asked her one day, is his name Mike she said yes.
When I was living in our old house I walked in to the house and heard a man and woman talking in my bedroom, I thought I forgot to shut the tv off but when I went to my room it was off. When home alone, I always heard footsteps coming from upstairs in my childrens room (they were with their father for the weekend). One day I was in my office, on the window I had a cd/radio it was off. All of a sudden it started playing the Waltz, I was just sitting there staring at it when my ds walked in and asked what music that was and opened the cd player which was empty. My grandparents always went dancing and the Waltz was their favorite.
I am always smelling flowers where there isn't any. I went to a medium, I didn't tell her anything about me or my experiences. She told me my grandmother is always sending you the gift of flowers, and that she is always visiting me. I could go on.
I do want to say, never ever play with a Ouija board. Evil can come through it's not a fun game.

I am actually very shocked that the Ouja board has never been banned. :confused3

I like your stories, I oddly enough have never "seen" anything. Its all noises and sounds, including very clear voices at times. But no visuals, beleive me I look all the time, in mirrors, things, hoping to catch a glimpse of the entity but never have.

Forgot one good one, me and GF were laying in bed, we had not been together very long at this time. She was just learning all about the ghost and had actually been up most of the night being freaked out from all the activity. :rotfl2: (I did warn her in detail before she came over).

So anyway its morning and we're both awake and she starts to tell me about how she was up half the night freaked out, and told me about all the different noises. I tell her well its nothing to worry about its just my aunt and I guess she's jealous that you are in my bed. Right then when I said that, there was a very loud knock on the wall, just above GF's head (the head of the bed is up against the wall). It was very freaky and very noticeable. It was not a coincidence, soon as I had said my aunt is just jealous you're in my bed or whatever I said, paraphrasing it, the very loud knock came, and it was not on my side of the bed, it was right above her head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter