Is our house haunted?

I am petrified of ghosts. When I was younger I used to feel like someone was watching me and I thought it was a ghost. Turns out it was my neighbor who was a window peeper, but I am still more afraid of ghosts than window peepers. You can arrest a window peeper, but how do you get a ghost to stop? I also used to feel like something was following me down the hall.

On Saturday we just picked up a beautiful dresser set from my MIL's co-worker' sister's condo. The sister died of cancer in the hospital. But now I'm afraid she attached her spirit to one of the dressers. The dressers are in our garage until we can move them to our room. I felt no spirits when I was in the condo, it was actually a very pleasant place. I felt nothing when touching the dressers. But now I'm terrified to bring the dressers indoors for fear she is there. But it is probably fine, right?

Was she a nice person? Then why would you be afraid of her? How would you feel if you were a spirit and she was afraid of you. Do not be afraid of a loving family memeber...if they are around hopefully it is because they are watching over you ....not earth bound.

I believe in ghosts, and I also believe in God. I don't understand why God would allow any soul to be trapped here.

Anyone that doesn't believe in paranormal activity has just never witnessed it. I think its really funny to hear people say they don't believe :lmao: Wellllllllll you are certainly welcome to come to my house and see what you think after about 24 or 48 hours. :)

I am fortunate enough to have had many witnesses, all of which were like whoa yeah that's real. :)

As for your situation, I would ask, any noises? Knocking? Any just weird unexplained sounds? I would say your case is at best inconclusive for the time being. I would think you would have more evidence, just a few odd things appearing here and there, although odd and possibly paranormal, isn't enough to make that conclusion.

I would advise to really start paying attention to various noises and any other thing out of the ordinary for a while. If they really start to add up then you may end up with more evidence down the road, but just the few things you mentioned I don't think that is enough to make any conclusions as of yet. And as long as nothing bad has happened there isn't anything to worry about at present IMO.

A place I used to rent had a very old chicken-coop or storage shed type structure in the back, which was falling apart and mostly just junk. With the owner's permission, I pulled it down to use as firewood. In the course of clearing out the various junk that had accumulated in that area, I found a headstone marked "Baby 1919-". Not exactly a haunting (which I don't believe in), but certainly more than a bit creepy.

The creepiest thing about finding the headstone was I only saw it that one day despite repeated attempts to find it again. It was just so weird.

Bella the Ball 360 said:
Was she a nice person? Then why would you be afraid of her? How would you feel if you were a spirit and she was afraid of you. Do not be afraid of a loving family memeber...if they are around hopefully it is because they are watching over you ....not earth bound.

From what I can tell from what her sister told me she was nice. And I'm trying to convince myself if her spirit is on earth, then she is watching over her loved ones, not some stranger who was given her dressers by her sister.

I know it's ridiculous. I'm just that afraid of ghosts. I wish I was afraid of spiders or snakes or something you can touch and feel instead of something so abstract.

From what I can tell from what her sister told me she was nice. And I'm trying to convince myself if her spirit is on earth, then she is watching over her loved ones, not some stranger who was given her dressers by her sister.

I know it's ridiculous. I'm just that afraid of ghosts. I wish I was afraid of spiders or snakes or something you can touch and feel instead of something so abstract.

My advice to you is try not to worry about it unless something really bad happens. My house is so active it doesn't bother me at all anymore and nothing bad has ever happened. I was freaked out for a while, until I just got used to it. I don't think I have a negative entity so that is another reason I'm not worried about it. On the other hand if you have had really bad stuff happen, then my opinion would be different. Has there been any damage?

I very kindly prefer to think that people who don't believe in ghosts have never lived in a haunted house.

I lived in one for a couple of years. It was about 200 years old, so the house had every right to have picked up a spirit or two! I watched as the pull cord on our blinds started dancing as though someone was pulling on them. Pulling and letting go. Pulling and letting go. Over and over and over again. No vents or anything near it, and a vent wouldn't explain how the thing stretched tight then let go. . .

Once I watched in amazement as a dryer door swung out of the way of my head then swung back into place once I was out of the way (we had a stackable washer dryer in our downstairs bathroom).

Our dogs were allowed into the house once when it started raining and we weren't home.

It only got a little creepy when I started taking showers and when I washed my hair I would hear a hard knock in the shower stall. I thought it was the taps, but it was a little creepy so I started varying my routine. The rap always, no matter what I did, occurred when my eyes were closed and I was washing the shampoo out of my hair. Not before. Not after. No washing hair, no rap. I could shampoo then wash off or I could wash off then shampoo. It was always when I was rinsing the shampoo off.

The really creepy moment came when I got out of bed one frosty morning, pulled on my robe and went downstairs. I let the dogs out to do their morning necessities, then I went to do my morning necessities. As I sat down on the throne, my robe fell open and I looked to see two very dark handprints on my calves, positioned with the fingers pointing towards my torso. Fascinated, I put my hands against the handprints. They did not fit. The palms and the fingers were about my size but variant (I believe the palms were larger and the fingers smaller.) My DH's hands are much larger than mine, and we were the only living humans in the house.

A few other smaller things happened, but those are the big ones that convinced me that something was happening in the house. What, I do not know. :confused3 I call it a haunting because that is the easiest way to describe it. All I know is what happened.

Exactamundo :thumbsup2 I love hearing people talk about how they don't believe totally makes me :rotfl2:

To me its kind of like, we'll I've never seen a tornado so I don't believe in them. Hmmmmm yeah there is tons of evidence out there. I kind of don't think that hundreds of thousands of people with stories and evidence including recordings and even video are all making all of that up. :rolleyes:

I am petrified of ghosts. When I was younger I used to feel like someone was watching me and I thought it was a ghost. Turns out it was my neighbor who was a window peeper, but I am still more afraid of ghosts than window peepers. You can arrest a window peeper, but how do you get a ghost to stop? I also used to feel like something was following me down the hall.

On Saturday we just picked up a beautiful dresser set from my MIL's co-worker' sister's condo. The sister died of cancer in the hospital. But now I'm afraid she attached her spirit to one of the dressers. The dressers are in our garage until we can move them to our room. I felt no spirits when I was in the condo, it was actually a very pleasant place. I felt nothing when touching the dressers. But now I'm terrified to bring the dressers indoors for fear she is there. But it is probably fine, right?

I'm not sure why you would be petrified? But people have valid feelings so, I would suggest simply saying to the ghost that they are bothering you and to please stop. You might be surprised. :)
As for the dresser, you're probably just fine, enjoy your new furniture and try not to stress over it. If you have anything happen just tell her how much you love it and that you will take very good care of it for her. :)

My advice to you is try not to worry about it unless something really bad happens. My house is so active it doesn't bother me at all anymore and nothing bad has ever happened. I was freaked out for a while, until I just got used to it. I don't think I have a negative entity so that is another reason I'm not worried about it. On the other hand if you have had really bad stuff happen, then my opinion would be different. Has there been any damage?

You should have Ghost Hunters come over. :)

I believe, I lived in a haunted house as a kid, things used to happen a lot. I would tell my parents and my Dad would tell me to stop being stupid, interestingly a few years ago he asked me about the ghosts I used to see in the house, I described them to him and it turns out that he had been having "issues" and seeing the same ghosts I described. I think he believes now. :)

OP I think you should get your wiring checked, just to be safe, but I wouldn't say your house is not haunted, I would lean more towards the it might be side. :)

TheAviator said:

Thanks for the reassurance. Absolutely nothing has happened but we just picked up the furniture 2 days ago. No funny feelings in my garage though so I'm thinking it is ok.

Well since you guys are sharing stories I'll go ahead and give you some of my highlights. And I won't recount all of them, that would take a novel, just some of the more that convinced me, yep this is fo sho paranormal.

One of the best was me and GF are laying in bed in the morning, we just woke up. It was a Sunday morning. I had the TV off (I normally leave it on 24/7 when I'm there). It was real quiet and we are both just laying there kind of thinking about getting up when we both hear this woman's voice. It goes on for a bit and I go, can you hear that? She says, sure can. So we laid there for just a few more seconds as it was going on, I finally got up to try to record it, but by the time I got everything ready it was gone.

Fortunately, I got another chance just two weeks later. Also on a Sunday morning almost the same time, I heard this voice OVER my TV that was on. So I turned it off and isolated it. I found it, also happens to be the spot of almost all of the activity, which is almost dead center of the house in a bathroom that is in the middle of the house. It was the very clear, very loud sound of a woman moaning as if she was in pain and dying. I got my IPhone out and recorded it. It went on forever, like 15 minutes or so. Very clear very distinct, no question what it was.

Well here's the kicker, I talk to my cousin the next day about it for we had suspected the paranormal activity was due to my aunt who died in the house, so cousin is my aunts daughter, she informs me that the first time (2 weeks before) on that Sunday was the aniversary to the day of her death. :scared:

I'm not sure why you would be petrified? But people have valid feelings so, I would suggest simply saying to the ghost that they are bothering you and to please stop. You might be surprised. :)
As for the dresser, you're probably just fine, enjoy your new furniture and try not to stress over it. If you have anything happen just tell her how much you love it and that you will take very good care of it for her. :)

You should have Ghost Hunters come over. :)

I believe, I lived in a haunted house as a kid, things used to happen a lot. I would tell my parents and my Dad would tell me to stop being stupid, interestingly a few years ago he asked me about the ghosts I used to see in the house, I described them to him and it turns out that he had been having "issues" and seeing the same ghosts I described. I think he believes now. :)

OP I think you should get your wiring checked, just to be safe, but I wouldn't say your house is not haunted, I would lean more towards the it might be side. :)

I have called the local chapter of TAPS to do just that, still waiting, they were supposed to schedule an appointment with me this month, but I guess they are very busy and haven't called yet.

I have called the local chapter of TAPS to do just that, still waiting, they were supposed to schedule an appointment with me this month, but I guess they are very busy and haven't called yet.

If you end up on TV I would love to know so I can make sure I watch. :)

My parents' house is haunted. Things there seem to happen in spurts. Nothing will happen for a while then a bunch of stuff will happen over a few weeks. My father is a total skeptic but even he has had things happen he can't quite explain. He's heard whispering, shadows and once heard the door open and someone walk upstairs when nobody else was there.

My bil used to snicker at our ghost stories until he saw the shadow that walks by the window.

Mostly its just noises and shadows but a few really weird thing have happened.

My mom had been living there for a few years (it was her mother's house until her death, was haunted all the years she lived there too). One day she was in the kitchen and laying on the floor was her aunt's watch. Her aunt had been dead for 20ish years. The house had been renovated when her mother died. There's no way this watch was just laying around the kitchen somewhere and how did it get right out in the open on the floor.

Another time I was sitting in the living room with my mother and nephew. They were watching TV and I was playing with my phone. They both saw a big ball of light form over the TV, get really bright and disappear. I saw nothing, not even light out of the corner of my eye. I know they really saw it because of their reactions. They were talking a mile a minute and describing the same thing. Plus, my nephew has a really bad poker face and I always know when he's trying to mess with me.

I love hearing other people's ghost stories.

I have a spirit that follows me. I picked it up a few years ago when I was out of the country visiting family friends. They practiced witchcraft and read tarot cards. I stayed away from their practice, but slept in their house. One night, my friend and I woke up to a spirit standing in their living room. We both saw it, and his mother saw the glow under her door. It was terrifying, a very mean spirit!

It has since followed me back to the states and to each of the 5 states I've since lived. Sometimes I physically see it, sometimes it grabs me in the night. Other times it'll shake me awake and not show itself, but I can feel its presence. I used to be very scared, but I've learned to take control and cast it away.. for a few months at a time.

Once you've seen a spirit, you HAVE to believe. It's really something crazy :scared1:

Wow, when I was in 6th grade, Catholic School our Priest came to our classroom and told us to get rid of all Tarot cards, Ouigi Board, etc. He did say there is evil forces and you should never bother them.

I work for a Priest now and he told me, hardly anyone is allowed to do Exorcism's anymore. But he did say, you need to get your house blessed with Holy Water. A priest will come out and bless your house for you.

I work for a Priest now and he told me, hardly anyone is allowed to do Exorcism's anymore. But he did say, you need to get your house blessed with Holy Water. A priest will come out and bless your house for you.

I have experienced several unexplained incidences over the years.

When I lived in my last house, a man wearing army fatigues walked down my basement stairs and evaporated when he got to the bottom.

My dad (who attends church daily) brought over some holy water and blessed each room in my house. I never noticed anything else unusual after that.

OP... If you are concerned about ghosts, get your house blessed with holy water.

Every once in awhile at night, I swear I'll hear someone walking up and down our wooden staircase. One night a few years ago I didn't hear anything but my mom asked me if I had been up in the middle of the night because she heard someone going up and down the stairs :confused3

One night recently, I was home alone and our dogs were away. I heard our doggy door open and shut, plain as day. I thought an animal had worked it's way inside. I go downstairs and the cover is over the door as it has been all week and there was nothing downstairs.

My dbf says his TV turns on and off by itself sometimes. I'm pretty sure it's probably one of his cats stepping on the remotes when they walk on the couch, but who knows.

I don't think either one of our houses are haunted, but I believe in ghosts. However, I'd much rather exhaust EVERY rational explanation before assuming it's a ghost.

I had a TERRIFYING sleep paralysis episode a few years ago that seemed very much like a demonic haunting. :scared1: It was just awful. However, I was able to find a rational explanation, thankfully!

I had a TERRIFYING sleep paralysis episode a few years ago that seemed very much like a demonic haunting. :scared1: It was just awful. However, I was able to find a rational explanation, thankfully!

Oh my gosh, Sleep paralysis is horrible. I have had some really terrifying episodes. I hate it so much. It's the most scared I have ever been.

We joke about it, but I don't really believe in ghosts. We have been joking about it a lot this week, because some odd things have been happening (mainly losing items and placing items in the wrong places)- but we know it's just us being old and forgetful! :lmao: Our house is 103 years old- and I find it fascinating to think of the people who lived in it when it was first built- but I don't think they are still "here"....

I didn't use to have an opinion one way or another about ghosts until we lived in our last house. We had several experiences, such as me walking by the bathroom and hearing a toilet flush. I knocked on the door and there was no answer and I opened and there was no one in there, but it was still finishing flushing. Another time I got several frantic voice messages from my 10 year old son within a couple of minutes. I called him back and he said he was watching tv in the family room and the French doors to his bedroom began opening and closing rapidly over several minutes and then they stopped and he felt a cool rush of air over him. Another time he was sitting on his bed doing homework and heard a loud growling sound in his ear. He said it was much louder and vicious sounding than a dog(which we didn't even have at the time). Anyway, it was stuff like this (including several doors closing or opening when no one was there, electronics turning on and off, etc) that resulted in my kids being scared and my daughter following me around the house at all times, not wanting to be alone. We had two different psychic type people come to the house on 2 different occasions, not knowing anything about our specific problems other than a general haunting, and they both stopped at a spot outside my sons room (where the French doors were and he heard the growling) and said there was a spirit basically camped out right there. We finally just moved and have been at this house for over 2 years, and there is no suspicious activity to report. Kids are not scared to be alone anymore. My oldest two are 15 and 14 year old boys and still don't like talking about it.

One morning I was in my office on the computer (around 5:30 am). My son's room is right next door. I heard someone walk into the bathroom. I heard the toilet seat rattle and water running. I waited to hear the toilet flush but nothing. I waited to hear DS walk back to his rooms o I could tell him to flush but nothing. I got up and he was still in his bed asleep and no one had used the bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter