Is Narnia worth it?

SueGreen

Researching like crazy!
Has anyone done the Journey Into Narnia exhibit at MGM? What did you think of it?

Also, is it a permanent thing or have they announced a closing date?

Sue

IMO, no. My dd9 was very excited about this exhibit and couldn't wait to go. We waited for 30 minutes to be let in. You go into a room with "snow", the lampost and trees to look like Narnia. Then you watch what pretty much is the trailer to Narnia. Then you walk out. There are a few true movie artifacts on the way out...but when 100 people are walking through a small hall to exit...they are hard to see. We were all disappointed. We went to the Narnia ehibit at our local mall that was more involved.

I didn't get to do it last time we were there, but that exhibit does change from time to time. My guess is that it will become a Pirates of the Caribbean movie set before the summer is out. :)

I thought it was neat, but my sister who hadn't seen the film, thought it was dumb. No matter what, I don't think it's worth waiting very long for. We waited about 5 minutes or so. It's cool to walk through the wardrobe and into Narnia.

Where is this exhibit?

T16GEM said:
Where is this exhibit?

It's between One Man's Dream & the restrooms beside Who Wants To Be a Millionaire - Play It in Disney MGM studios.

We waited for 3 1/2 hours the day it opened. They were running behind on the opening, and we had to wait for the Governer & his wife to tour it first. :rolleyes1

We were the first group after them to go in, & we were surrounded by a good number of the imagineers involved who wanted to see the guests reactions. It really does feel like you're walking on snow when you step through the wardrobe, which my DD5 thought was the coolest thing in the world. The movie they show pretty much recaps the entire film, which disappointed us a little because we hadn't seen it yet as it was opening day. It was really neat being the first group, though & getting to experience it with the imagineers. If it has more than a 15 minute wait, I think we'll skip it next time.

I went through the exhibit last December. I had not seen the movie yet and thought the exhibit was a little weak. Especially since I made a special trip by myself to MGM just to see it. I left DH and DSs at the resort. There was a 15 minute wait when I was there just because a group had just entered and you have to wait for the next entrance time.

Now that I've seen the movie I would appreciate it much more. If it is still there in late August I will definetly go through again (if the wait is no more than 15 minutes).

It is definately a temporary thing so it is worth seeing while you can still see it even if it isn't spectacular. There was a thread or article somewhere earlier where I read it was closing at the beginning of October to be replaced by a Santa Claus 3 set which should be ready for its November opening.

IMO, it is 15-20 minutes of your life that you will never get back, which you will regret. My 7yo was really looking forward, and we came out at the end and he said "I thought that was supposed to be fun". It's a shame to call this an "Attraction". More like "A movie preview you need to stand in line for".

orljustin said:
IMO, it is 15-20 minutes of your life that you will never get back, which you will regret. My 7yo was really looking forward, and we came out at the end and he said "I thought that was supposed to be fun". It's a shame to call this an "Attraction". More like "A movie preview you need to stand in line for".

ITA!!! Okay if there is no line, otherwise skip it.

My sister just went about 3 weeks ago and I requested she check this out for me. She said if they were really into the movie then they would like it. but she also mentioned that the White Witch made an appearance and that freaked out some of the children. So I don't know if the White Witch was just a bonus that day or if she has now been added to freak out the kids. We'll try it when we are there if the line isn't long. I'll let you know when we get back. My kids LOVE the books and really enjoyed the movie so we are a Narnia family. Let's see if it passes our test.

java said:
My sister just went about 3 weeks ago and I requested she check this out for me. She said if they were really into the movie then they would like it. but she also mentioned that the White Witch made an appearance and that freaked out some of the children. So I don't know if the White Witch was just a bonus that day or if she has now been added to freak out the kids. We'll try it when we are there if the line isn't long. I'll let you know when we get back. My kids LOVE the books and really enjoyed the movie so we are a Narnia family. Let's see if it passes our test.
I hadn't seen the movie yet when I checked out this attraction. The white witch does make an appearance for each walk-thru.

SueGreen said:
Has anyone done the Journey Into Narnia exhibit at MGM? What did you think of it?

Also, is it a permanent thing or have they announced a closing date?

Sue
We did it and liked it. I knew what to expect since I had done others before. We got in within 5 minutes. It was not full and we were not rushed out. We got to see everything up close. It is a stage set from Narnia. Jadis made an appearance. We got to see the sled she used and other stuff from the movie. The fur coats the kids wore are in the Great Movie Ride queue.

I haven't as yet seen the exhibit but when we went through in 2003 they had the "Haunted Mansion" movie exhibit and it was very good! we saw the area where the staircase was, some of the very nice costumes they wore..especially the dresses etc. It was very interesting! they also had some of the exhibit at the Gallary. Do you know if they've done that with Narnia also? I can't imagine it being bad but to each their own! :thumbsup2

helenm29 said:
I haven't as yet seen the exhibit but when we went through in 2003 they had the "Haunted Mansion" movie exhibit and it was very good! we saw the area where the staircase was, some of the very nice costumes they wore..especially the dresses etc. It was very interesting! they also had some of the exhibit at the Gallary. Do you know if they've done that with Narnia also? I can't imagine it being bad but to each their own! :thumbsup2
That is exactly what they did with Narnia. You go thru the wardrobe and enter for Narnia forest. The lamp post is there.

It annoyed the heck out of me that I waited 15 minutes in line and had to stand through a 15 minute or so promo for a movie. Even having seen the movie, I think this is a total waste of time unless you have lots of extra time to spare and don't mind watching movie trailers.

My daughters are 4 and 6 and they went through the exhibit with my husband. They all loved it. I can't comment because i didn't go in it.They didn't wait in any line so maybe there would have been a different reaction if they had waited.

I could see it being disappointing if you are expecting it to be a full-blown attraction. If you're thinking of it as a temporary exhibit, then I feel it's very nicely done.

We went through this in May, I have never seen the movie but my DS has and wanted to go in. I think the map says "walking tour". I thought we would be walking through and seeing, i dont know, something more. But like the others said you basicly stand there watching a trailer of the movie, then you walk out and there are about 3 or 4 cabnets with stuff from the movies in it and then you are done. We waited about 30 mins to get in. I expected so much more and we almost missed WWTBAM for it.

The snow room was very nicely done though and looked gorgeous.

Megan

It is really nothing more than a movie trailer with some props to view on your way out. Rather underwhelming, IMHO. :confused3

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest