• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Memory Maker Worth the Money?

I think it is totally worth it if you are going to be there for a few days. You get all the ride photos and character meets with it and you get to edit them with disney borders and other stuff to make them unique.

We didn't think it was when we went in May for a 6 day trip, however totally regretted it on our first day so went and bought it at the more expensive price because we hadn't advance bought it. We are so glad we got it though as we now have photos and memories to cherish forever. I say it's worth it

I think one of the nicest pieces of it is you get the normal photographer (in your family) in the pictures. I have tons of photos of my kids and husband doing fun things on vacations we take. However if I don't think of it, there ends up being no pictures of me and proof that I was there, because I am the one taking all the photos. With photopass I know there will be a bunch of photos with me in them as well. It won't be Mom did you come on the trip? because you aren't in any of our pictures.

We think it's worth it, but we usually go for 10-11 days at a time, so when we get home we can have anywhere from 300-500 pictures on it.
We do make an effort to hit all the Photopass spots though in order to get our money's worth.

I am debating whether it will be worth it to get it for our next trip in April, because we only have 4 days in Disney before heading out on our Disney cruise...

For us it was worth it. We stopped at almost every photographer we saw and like was already mentioned, it is great to have pics with me in them and not always just of the kids. We asked every photographer for magic shots and some of them came out really cute! We also loved the videos! 7DMT and TOT both had short videos of our rides. We did 7DMT once during the day and once at night so it is cute to have both! I believe we had almost 500 photos at the end of our week.

We like it; being able to have the entire family in the shot is great. The inclusion of ride photos is an awesome perk, as we would have never paid for those individually. Also, I love being able to customize the pics when we get home. I'm toying with not getting it for our next trip to save a $$$ but I know I probably end up getting it since we've always enjoyed it in the past.

I've purchased it for this upcoming trip specifically fro the amount of special pictures I'm hoping we get. I've never purchased before and the cost was outside our budget so I'm hoping to get about 1000 pictures and videos

It is totally worth it IMO. It was nice to get pictures of our whole family. Also, the ride pictures, character meals and character meet and greet photos were nice to have. We tried to hit as many Photo Pass spots as we could, as well.

I think it depends what you do with pictures, too. Do you print them out? Do you make a photobook? Blow some up to display?

If you're just sharing on FB or if they're just sitting on your computer, then I don't think it's worth it. If you're actually going to do something with the photos, then I do think it's worth it (and I usually do it because I make a photobook of every trip).

If we are going just for a long weekend then we do not get it, but we do think its worth it for the longer trips.

Very much worth it, especially since you can add in all sorts of stuff into the photos when you edit them, and did you know it includes photos (and video where offered) of most if not all rides that have the souvenir photos (Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, ToT, etc)? Worth it just for those alone as one photo from each ride will end up costing a lot just by themselves.

We go for 9 days and spend 6 days in the park, we get it each trip. We had around 600 pictures from our last trip. With all the character meet and greets, ride photos, and just regular PP around the parks we get so many great family pictures. We will never do a trip without it!

We did it for a 10 day trip-totally worth it! First trip where I'm actually in most of the photos! ::yes:: We did another shorter trip and I didn't buy it since it didn't seem worth it to me. FWIW, we go almost every year to WDW and my kids are old though...

100% . sometimes when you preoder ahead you get a small discount. In the parks the wife goes one way and I go the other. Then we merge photopass at end. Sort of PIA as you cant have two MM photpass, just one primary. The thing is I can go to my vault, look at scrap books OR pull out the disc, pop it into my PC and disney geek out, stroll down memory lane.

Some of the best money I have every spent at disney.

I think it's totally worth it :) And I still packed my camera in the park anyways (and we used our phones). I have a photo problem, I suppose, but I like to bring my camera's too, because sometimes, photopass, can't catch all the special moments :) I really liked that the ride photos are included too. I wish my son's first roller coaster ride photos would have been nicer- but better than nothing at all. He was only 3 and seated to the back, so you really can't see him well. He was scared which surprised because he kept wanting to ride them. I just got thru making a photobook, and I love that Shutterfly now has an option for some Disney books. I just wish they had more embellishments.
Click here to see my book

We were SOOO happy to have it. The ride photos were great, the character meets, also great, but the best photos were from Jedi Training and Pirate Tutorial. We also got a ton of pics around the park. Whenever we saw a photographer with a short line, we stopped. We didn't stalk around looking for them, but they were mostly in obvious places and we ended up with some awesome ones. I got the discount before we left and so happy we have those. I mean, we spent so much on the darn trip, I'm happy to have some great pics from it!

We always buy memory maker - or whatever its current name is - and have been doing so since at least 2008. It's totally worth it - we stop at every photographer we see, we make a game of finding new photo ops, and are ultimately super happy to have pictures of all of us. We generally end up with close to 200 pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter