is Jungle Cruise the worst ride at MK?

You are entitled to your opinion. That is why there are many different rides, shows, and experiences at WDW- everyone can pick their own 'must sees' and 'must skips'. I personally love the Jungle Cruise, but I totally understand others not liking it.

Next time you go, you won't have to waste any time on it- maybe you will find something else that you absolutely love to take its place.

In the heat of the day with a long standby wait, it can be pretty bad. But there's nothing like a nice leisurely ride on the Speedway after dark! The wait usually goes way down, and you won't have to endure the hot sun beating down on you in the line. The scenery is pretty cool at night- we do the Speedway at least once every trip, and always late in the evening.

Plus you get the nice little buzz from the fumes...

Jungle Cruise is my husband's favorite ride!! I happen to like it too, but Splash Mountain will always remain my favorite. I find the humor hysterical, and yes, while there are fake animals, it's a classic and I DO find the scenery really pretty!!

For us it is a fun tradition, one that we do once a visit and certainly would not wait in line for then 1/2 hr for - nor be disappointed if we missed it. For use MK has several of those attraction (Tiki room being another "classic"). They can also make for a nice cool relaxing break between the heat and rushing to/in line for the popular big name attractions.

Well, I think the JC is GREAT but I understand that it's not for everybody. The ride experience does vary with the Skipper too, but most of them are awesome. Jungle Cruise is a true Disney classic.

WHAT?!!!!! Jungle Cruise is one of our absolute favorites! I'm sure part of it is nostalgia because it's been around forever, but I love the stupid jokes too. Sometimes the CM can make or break the experience though.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even when they are a small minority. Put this on your BTDT list and move on. Who knows? Maybe next trip you'll find a new "worst ride". For someone who is a first timer, I can understand that the nostalgia factor doesn't come into play. And if you don't appreciate corny jokes, then pickins will be slim, since corny is about all you get when it comes to comedy in the parks.

For our family it is an old favorite that we must do, both during the day and at night.

Jungle Cruise is one of my top 3 rides in Magic Kingdom so not only do I not consider it the worst ride in the park, I don't consider it the worst ride in Adventureland. That honor belongs to Aladdin's Magic Carpets. As others have said, Stitch would probably be voted the worst ride in the park if we ever voted on that kind of thing. But if you don't like it, you don't like it. Less of a wait for me, that way. I will say that if you don't crack up at the jokes that you hear over the radio while waiting in line, I worry about your sense of humor. ;)

Jungle Cruise is not only a cult favorite, but a classic at Disney. There's so many updates they can do for Jungle Cruise that I feel like they purposely DON'T DO to keep the nostalgia going. I've always enjoyed it and because it's such a cult favorite, a lot of people will disagree with you.

Really, outside of Stitch, most "best/worst ride" discussions will spark a debate with a number of answers. People have different experiences, both positive and negative, that lead them to hold an opinion. Maybe someone shared a ton of memories on the Speedway as a child and still rides it to this day, yet another poster may not see the point of waiting 30 minutes to drive around on a track for two minutes. For my family, Jungle Cruise is a must-do. But I can see how people don't like it.

I should also mention that I LOVE dad humor. One of my friendships is based on it. It's fun to get in touch with your inner Phil Dunphy every now and then.

lol, it wasn't more than 70 degrees any day last week when we went, so waiting in line in the sun was a good thing. helped warm you up.

Just because a ride is "popular", doesn't equate it to being a fun attraction. "Over-Hype" is the word that comes to mind. I'm not talking about attractions like Country Bear jamboree or Hall of presidents doesn't really compare to an actual ride.

Tomorrowland Speedway and stitch had some redeeming qualities but were far superior to Jungle Cruise. If I want hokey comedy, I'll listen to the democratic/republican speeches.

Jungle cruise = fail

Totally disagree. I love the "hokey comedy" of it. If you don't play along with the captain, you are missing out. You can keep going to Stitch and I'll keep seeing all of those elephants, and the favorite plant of the cruise boat captain.:p

My family enjoys the JC. Stitch was something we rode for the first time last year. Gracious--what a terrible ride and waste of space.

JC is one of our favorite attractions. I don't understand why nostalgia isn't a valid reason to like it. It is a classic, charming, Walt Disney World attraction. If they spruced it up, it would take away from the nostalgic charm and then it would be bad ride (to me).

Aside from the nostalgia, I adore the corny humor. Your skipper makes or breaks the experience. I love that this ride hasn't been replaced by a recording and you get the real WDW experience by having a live host.

It's an all time favorite, here.

I do think going on JC after Kilamanjaro Safari is not a good thing. My thoughts last year were, 'We saw real animals yesterday. Meh to this,' My kids liked it, but I really don't. Although I am now tempted to try play along with the captain next time like the PP suggested. That might make it more fun.

We do like TS but our kids are little and the 2 yo thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread to bang the car back and forth on the track and my SIL doesn't fit behind the wheel so her knees stick up ridiculously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter