• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO TEACH YOUR KID HOW TO BEHAVE IN A RESTAURANT?

Just to drag this whole thing up again. :teeth: popcorn::

http://pix11.com/2015/11/06/mexican...s-to-parents-for-controlling-unruly-children/

OUSTON — A Mexican restaurant in Montros, Texas, is receiving some backlash after the owners started handing out “children’s rule” cards to parents when they come in.

Restaurant owners Ana Beaven and Charlie McDaniel were fed up with customers’ children running around the restaurant and destroying the furniture and art, according to KTRK. The couple said they spent three years building their restaurant, Cuchara, and it has been like their second home. They let multiple incidents pass, until one day, a child took it too far.

“A child took a coin, a quarter and began marking [the wall] and drew tick tac toe,” McDaniel told KTRK.

The child made $1,500 worth of damage, prompting McDaniel and Beaven to print rule cards for unruly children. The cards, with a cartoon drawing of a family, says:

Children at Cuchara don’t run or wander around the restaurant. They stay seated and ask their parents to take them to the restroom. They don’t scream, throw tantrums or touch the walls, murals, windows or anything of the other patrons. They are respectful!

Cuchara has authentic art from Mexico and many other items the owners said that are almost impossible to replace.

“The main goal is for parent to understand how fragile our items are,” Beaven said.

The owners said they have received some negative feedback from parents on the rules cards, who said they didn’t like being told their children were unruly.

Beaven and McDaniel continue to hand out the children’s rule cards with the menus when customers enter Cuchara.

It's a sad world we live in when parents have to be told to parent their own children. If I lived anywhere near this restaurant, I would happily patronize it.

I took my boys out to lunch today. I am proud to say that they did not act like a bunch of hooligans. Our trip to Dunkin Donuts sadly was another story!

My son just turned 4. Some days I am thrilled and amazed by his patience and good behavior. Especially when he's an angel after grandma is 30 minutes late for lunch and takes another 20 to decide what to order. (Today) Other days our dinner out comes at the end of a long day of errands and he's run out of good humor.

I have been the parent hauling my son out kicking and screaming, to calm down and start again. I've also had managers and waiters/waitresses tell me that he's invited back anytime because he's so well behaved.

We don't ignore the bad behavior. we set expectations and it's a learning process. I've seen children who are behaving better and children who are behaving worse. We always strive for better and are often rewarded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter