• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possible to get an upgrade...............

Yes. Our first cruise, the travel agent request that we be placed by an elevator because on my wife troubles with her walking. The cast member assigned us to a room mid on port side near an elevator so we be guarentee our requested. It was a cat. 6 room. DCL sent the paperwork we were upgrade to starboard side fwd near elevator and a cat. 4 room.

:donald:

Yes, connecting rooms are sometimes upgraded, but only when both can be upgraded to another set of connecting rooms.

So I might still have a chance for an upgrade with our cabin assignment? I booked a trip on the Dream for DD (5) and myself for October 2011. I chose our cabin# upon booking the trip, but was hoping for a possible upgrade. I was thinking that because I requested our cabin assignment already an upgrade would most likely not happen.

From what I'm reading, this might still be possible? :banana:

Thanks!
Lisa

AFTER being assigned a room #?

My comment has nothing to do with an upgrade, but your signature... I love where it says hooked for life for MNSSHP... We just went last year for the first time, and then I made my hubby go again in the same trip...I must say, this is the BEST thing at Disney probably ever.. LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and all the castmembers for Haunted Mansion!! Can't wait to go next year!

Just wondering, how/when would we find out about an upgrade? Is it still possible if we booked through AAA?

As stated yes. In fact we've been paid in full for a while and just found out that we've been upgraded from a cat 11 to a cat 8 on the same deck. We were upgraded once before and we had reserved a specific stateroom and had received our docs and luggage tags.

As to the timing question, upgrades can happen at any time and some folks have found out that they were upgraded when checking at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter