Is it possible to do a character meal with ADR?

Tooliebell

Earning My Ears
We want flexibility and don't want to be hampered down with a reservation for any time or day. Is it possible to call a day or two in advance or just show up for a character meal? Or do you HAVE to have a reservation?

I don't think we will care when who or where we go as long as we get one in.

This really depends on the time of year that your going on vacation. If your going during a holiday week or most of the weeks during the summer then your going to probably find that you will have a problem just walking in without an ADR. Sometimes people do cancel last minute and you may be able to walk in during an off hour on an occasion (say 3pm) but it really does depend on the time of year your there. Additionally, even in the offseason at MK I have found it impossible to find an open ressie at Liberty tree tavern and/or crystal palace (both dinners are character dinners). Also you'll find that dining at Chef Mickey's is nearly impossible without an ADR. My advice is that if you really want to have a character dining experience then at least schedule one or two during your trip that way your kids won't be disappointed.

I would make at least 1 ADR. The chances of getting into a character meal without an ADR isn't great.

Two chances, Slim and none. And Slim died.:cool1:
Your best chance would be Cape May, or the one at the Swan or Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter