is it possible that WDW will have free dinning starting in mid to late August?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by allstar, Jan 30, 2013.

1. allstar

allstar allstar

will WDW have free dining starting in mid to late August? :confused:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tinka-belle

tinka-belle DIS Veteran

We did a FD bounceback last year that had a start date of Aug. 18, 2013 so it's possible. Might have a later start date for any public offer, I've seen that happen in the past. I wouldn't expect a start date earlier than that though.

Until an offer is released there is really no way to know for sure, but even way back when the economy was good there were FD offers for September dates. September is an off time with schools starting and the weather not being great so I'm confident that there will be offers, just don't know if FD will be one of them or if there will be just room only or room package discounts.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Yes, it's possible. There's no way to really know the parameters of any offer until it is released. There are already rumors out as to what form the late summer offer will take this year, and speculation that it will be different from past years. But we don't know yet and there's nothing you can count on right now.

5. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

You can keep track of up-to-date information about discounts on the discount codes and rates board above the resort board.

As the PP noted, there have been a few people that have posted they are getting information (TA's) that the free dining will begin to be scaled back where QSDP will be offered at the values and moderates and DDP at the deluxes.

Whether it is just outside the normal mid-August to late-September free dining that we see every year, or everything, it is hard to tell or speculate until Disney releases the information.

6. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

For what it's worth, we had free dining the past 2 year. Last year the bounceback offer available in August was free dining for this August. I think it was dates starting August 19 until September 29.
    No one can tell for sure until the offer comes out.

7. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

If you go to mousesavers.com you can find the historical offers.

8. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Latest rumor was nothing for values and qsdp at mod and deluxe

9. willeve

willeve Mouseketeer

The current UK offer has nothing for values and qsdp for moderates and deluxes.