Is it POSSIBLE?? AKL LITE IV?? You betcha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going in August for our 20th anniversary, it will be our first stay at AKL! We bought into DVC last year and own at Kidani, but will be staying in Jambo house in a studio. Can anyone tell me if there are laundry facilities?

We used them alot on our last trip. They came in real handy. We used the one near the Simba's Club on the 5th floor but it took me a while to find it. The door is real easy to miss. Also the garbage containers are next door too.

I wanted to add something here. When we arrived in April there were no Cast Members anywhere with Mickey hands! It had been a while since I had done ME so I had to look for signs. They need to go down to the Baggage Claim area and look for signs for Disney's Magical Express. It is found on Terminal Side "B", so when they come all the way down the escalator they will turn right and walk a ways, past the car rental desks.

Hope that helps. I also hope there are Mickey-handed CMs there that day!!

For some reason we always get lost trying to find the ME.:confused3 We fly SW and are on the other side of the airport terminal. But for some reason I always get turned around after getting off and of course my kids always have to tell me how they have to walk hours around the airport.:rotfl:

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself...Just found this thread. We (the fam and i) will be leaving for our first WDW trip on Thursday (veerrryy early in the morning) I'm so excited i can hardly wait.

:welcome: and have a fun trip.

AKL is FAAAAAAARRRRRRRR from everything - whew, the bus ride alone is HOURS and it SMELLS........... Oh, and did you hear about the animals in the pool.....

...didja mention the FLOATING FURBALLS????

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself...Just found this thread. We (the fam and i) will be leaving for our first WDW trip on Thursday (veerrryy early in the morning) I'm so excited i can hardly wait. Dh and I have been planning this trip since our oldest dd was about 4 years old but life always seemed to get in the way of actually going....well 3 kids and 10 years later we are finally making the trip. We will be spending 5nights in one of the kidani 2br villas Savannah view. :woohoo:

oh and i'm sure this has been asked and answered many times...but what exactly is a zebra dome? Looks like white chocolate...if it is do they make them with milk chocolate? (not a fan of the white)

....let me just say :welcome: and feel free to jump on it here anytime....wow, sounds like a wonderful trip that you have planned! :thumbsup2 Be sure to take may pix so you can post them right here when you get back.....

...as for ZD's, well, they are actually a mocha/chocolate mousse-like confection that jes' 'bout MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH!

You're all so kind:flower3:

Kim, just 10 days? Awesome!!:cool1: You've been waiting for this so long:banana:

....well, we are leaving next Thursday, but we won't be arriving in Orlando until Saturday afternoon - we will be visiting my Dh's sister in N.C. for a few days....

Hi All!

Just thought I'd check in as I stayed at the Lodge last week. It was as beautiful as ever! Great view in Room 5510, too! Lots of giraffes out! :thumbsup2 We had a great meal, as always, at Boma with an amazing server named Paul. If he is there, tell him the birthday girl from Jerzy says hello!

Hi All!

Just thought I'd check in as I stayed at the Lodge last week. It was as beautiful as ever! Great view in Room 5510, too! Lots of giraffes out! :thumbsup2....

....:snooty: we don't believe you.....PROVE it......:rolleyes1 [ ;) ]

Hi everyone :wave2:

Bon Voyage to all of you leaving soon for the magnificent AKL :cool1:

For the question about the bars, someone I am sure will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are three in Jambo. Victoria Falls, the bar at Jiko and the bar at the pool. (There is just the one pool at Jambo and one at Kidani)

Right. And then there's a bar at Sanaa and a poolside bar at Kidani. So I guess that makes 5 bars in all :banana:

:rotfl:

Hi All!

Just thought I'd check in as I stayed at the Lodge last week. It was as beautiful as ever! Great view in Room 5510, too! Lots of giraffes out! :thumbsup2 We had a great meal, as always, at Boma with an amazing server named Paul. If he is there, tell him the birthday girl from Jerzy says hello!

Isn't it the best?? :cloud9:

joining in..staying for the first time in December:santa:

Lucky! The Lodge is so beautiful decorated for the holidays :flower3:

Hi all. I finally moved my pictures from the camera to the computer. Do I have to move them to photoshop or something like that to post them? They're from last year and the year before at AKL and Kidani and I've wanted to post them for a while but don't know how. Please help!!! And type s l o w l y because I am computer c h a l l e n g e d :goodvibes

LOL - No........... was hoping my Bestie would talk about that......... thinking about it makes me shake still............ the nightmares and all........... :eek:

....well, we are leaving next Thursday, but we won't be arriving in Orlando until Saturday afternoon - we will be visiting my Dh's sister in N.C. for a few days....

YAY - we leave on Mon. - check in tues!! WHOO HOOO ---- hope you guys have a good trip and mebbee we'll bump into each other!! :)

Hi all. I finally moved my pictures from the camera to the computer. Do I have to move them to photoshop or something like that to post them? They're from last year and the year before at AKL and Kidani and I've wanted to post them for a while but don't know how. Please help!!! And type s l o w l y because I am computer c h a l l e n g e d :goodvibes

you have to upload your pics into a photohost - like photobucket - then you can post them here!! photobucket is free - once you have them there, then you just post the link here - if you need to be walked through, once you upload them, come back and I'll help you!

Alright Jambo Wildbunch - I have 7 more days and Kim has 10 - you know what that means............................ YEP - time to dance!!!

:cool1::cheer2::banana::rockband::dancer::drinking1:yay::woohoo:party::rainbow:

So come on and shake your tailfeathers!!!!

you have to upload your pics into a photohost - like photobucket - then you can post them here!! photobucket is free - once you have them there, then you just post the link here - if you need to be walked through, once you upload them, come back and I'll help you!

I'll be right back....don't go anywhere....please :tiptoe:

Okay, I'm baaaaack! I uploaded some pictures to photo bucket.....now what? :sad1:
Wendypooh....where aaaaarrrreee yooooouuuu?

Okay, I'm baaaaack! I uploaded some pictures to photo bucket.....now what? :sad1:
Wendypooh....where aaaaarrrreee yooooouuuu?

i might can help some....

If you find the picture you want to place on the boards, click on it and on the top tabs you should see something that says "Share" then "more Options" , Click on "Get Link Code" and it should offer you many different ways to share the picture, one of them will be message boards, or something close to that (bulletin boards), and it will give you the "Link" to the photo. Copy and paste that "link" into your message and you should be able to see the photo.

Good luck.
brandi

Hi all,

We will be staying at AKL for 5 nights in October, so I'm coming by to learn as much as I can. This will be a ladies only trip, and although I've been to WDW many times, this will be my first deluxe stay thanks to a wonderful pin code. I can't wait.

We have a pool view room, so I believe I understand that I should request Giraffe Trail. Is that right?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions, I'm glad y'all are here.

Oh and Wendypooh, I'm also a rabid Tiger fan! I may have to "borrow" your dancing tiger. He's so cute.

Alright Jambo Wildbunch - I have 7 more days and Kim has 10 - you know what that means............................ YEP - time to dance!!!

:cool1::cheer2::banana::rockband::dancer::drinking1:yay::woohoo:party::rainbow:

So come on and shake your tailfeathers!!!!

....well, I'M 'in'...
dancing.gif
dancing%20smiley.gif
dancing_b02.gif
1310.gif
bf-birddancingsmiley.gif
dancing.gif

Kim, I'm happy for you!

My plane leaves in 14 hrs.:cool1:

Hi all,

We will be staying at AKL for 5 nights in October, so I'm coming by to learn as much as I can. This will be a ladies only trip, and although I've been to WDW many times, this will be my first deluxe stay thanks to a wonderful pin code. I can't wait.

We have a pool view room, so I believe I understand that I should request Giraffe Trail. Is that right?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions, I'm glad y'all are here.

Oh and Wendypooh, I'm also a rabid Tiger fan! I may have to "borrow" your dancing tiger. He's so cute.

You will LOVE the lodge!!! This site might be helpful to you: http://www.aklresort.com/category/image-galleries/animal-kingdom-villas?page=8

and as far as a request - if you've booked a pool view, you don't really need to ask for any specific trail........ I'd request 3rd floor though........ that is lobby level - AND feel free to snag "MIKE" - I share with my fellow AKL lovers!!!

But, stick around here - we'd love to have ya and ask any questions - we'll answer!!!

GEAUX TIGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter