Is it "here we go again" !!!!!!with recent low attendance? update 3/11

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
As rumored on another site... www.wdwmagic.com
Attendance is struggling again, similar to what it was 2 yrs ago.

I do understand alot of what they are doing or thinking about doing.....but some of these listed are IMHO questionable as to how it is really saving anything........

IMHO.....
Fast Pass pretty much works on it's own, I know there's maintanance of the machines, but what would they lose $$ wise if they make people waste time in line as opposed to shopping or eating???
How many payroll hours would be saved by closing the Gallery??? Not enough to warrent losing the money it brings in.
And Downtown Disney is managed like a shopping center, isn't it?? And if park hours are cut, where do people go......shopping. So IMHO....that would be cutting off their nose to spite their face!

I'm just hoping all this isn't going to effect us like it did 2 yrs ago!!

Now, if they decided to give us one heck of a discount on the resort.......I might be able to forgive them.......but right now.....
For goodness sakes.....what are they waiting on for the AP rates!!!!

See my post for 3/11..........:mad: :mad: :mad:

ahh I'mnot worried they'll bring back character caravan and all will be forgiven.

To me, the "potential" cutbacks don't seem that bad. As for reducing FastPass attractions, they're probably talking about attractions like Maelstrom in Norway. I mean, come on, 95% of the time there is no need for a FastPass on some of this one.

These potential cutbacks don't seem as significant to me as the ones that happend 2 years ago.

I'm just teasing lol

what were the significant cutbacks of two years ago? I'm drawing a blank....et of snow it just doesnt stop here lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went 3 times in 2001, 2 times in 2000, 2 times in 2002 but can't think up the cutbacks you are both referring to?

no im serious like...hours are still down some rides are still closed....do you guys mean certain cutbacks from two years ago that they gave back or you guys just mean you dont want even more cutbacks then ones cut back two years ago that are still going on. seriously

Okay, let's start with cutting park hours....those have improved in the last 8 months.
and....cancelling of EE....."replaced" with the caravan...
and....cancelling of e-nights.
They had cut back on the number of shows and fireworks.
There was a hiring freeze then, and a huge lay-off....which in turn really hurt the quality of guest service.
Actually closing resorts.....PO!

Yes, there are still rides that are still closed or limited, and the hours are not what they were. But things had started coming back these last 6 months.

So let's really hope they won't make even more!!!!!:eek:

As for reducing FastPass attractions, they're probably talking about attractions like Maelstrom in Norway. I mean, come on, 95% of the time there is no need for a FastPass on some of this one.
I always wondered why that had a FP!!:rolleyes:

Thanx Cindyfan i was just hoping it wasn't something i was missing. i think Norway had a FP not cause it's such a crazy popular ride but it's how long it takes them to board everyone that line may seem short but take awhile from my experiences with it. If i see the line at the door i dont even go in. It took 5 trips with my gf for her to finally ride Maelstrom

Okay, let's start with cutting park hours....those have improved in the last 8 months.
One tiny bit of clarification here...:)

Using MK...

"Improved" might not be the right term. When compared to same month from a year ago, every month continues to be lower than the previous year. April has been the only exception recently, but that can be attributed to Easter falling in April this year, while it was in March last year (April is up about 4%, March down over 12%). So even when year over year attendance was rising, as it was in Oct-Dec, hours were still shrinking.

I'll stop now.

Okay, maybe "improved" needs clarification........
Not an improvement from the previous year....but an improvement from what they started out doing......
example: the hours in Oct.....(we were there then, that is why I'm using that as an example) Mk was initially scheduled to close at 6pm, then then changed it to 8pm. and they added showings of the fireworks and SpectroMagic during the week.

And you are right comparing this year to last......example.....Easter week last year MK open til midnight...this year only til 11pm....but I attributed that to the different month......not as many "spring breaks" from schools in April vs March of last year.

I just hope that come April .......they don't decide to cut back things even more!! That would really ruin our plans for our April trip.:(

Ah, but that was the perception, and you know what they say about perceptions
Good point. Why do you think they like to schedule shorter hours, then increase them later? That's managing perceptions. Can be a valuable tool.

But using this tactic to mask reduced value is VERY risky in the long run... Eventually people catch on.

Of course, in this case, the only perceptions being managed are those who check the hours on the Internet two months in advance, record them, and check them again when they go.

Everybody else, (the vast majority...is that what you've said?), just find out about the hours when they get there, and have memories of more MK nightime opportunities, or FW not closing "so early"... stuff like that.

Pretty difficult to manage those perceptions.

I just hope that come April .......they don't decide to cut back things even more!! That would really ruin our plans for our April trip.
Well, NEVER let it ruin your trip. Just make the best of it, if it happens.

But feel free to vent when you come back here!;)

"I just hope that come April .......they don't decide to cut back things even more!!"

Let's just say that things like the number of chicken fingers you get won't seem like much of an issue in comparison.

So then AV that is an admittance that Ei$ner really is Sauron!!!!!!!!!! HA I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on man spill the beans. i just reshovled again!!!! give me the bad news now!!!!

As a hockey fan in the mid 1990's, nothing scared me more than sitting in the stands and seeing Jaromir Jagr come over the wall of the player's box.

Now, nothing scares me more than one of AV's "just wait" posts.

Let's just say that things like the number of chicken fingers you get won't seem like much of an issue in comparison.
LOL........
But it will be an issue if Casey's gives me a bun with NO DOG!!
LOL!!:jester:

Originally posted by gcurling
As a hockey fan in the mid 1990's, nothing scared me more than sitting in the stands and seeing Jaromir Jagr come over the wall of the player's box.

Now, nothing scares me more than one of AV's "just wait" posts.

Not only am I laughing out loud, I'm nodding my head in agreement.

Now what? Closing parks? Closing resorts? Rides? Even fewer chicken fingers? Coin operated restrooms? Bringing back the coupon books? I can't wait. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter