Is it even possible?

google maps say the drive is 10 mins from HS to BLT.

I am thinking IF we can take 10 mins to get to car from fantasmic we can make it.

I think you're forgetting about the time it will take you to get out of the parking lot. Everyone will be leaving at the same time.

Was this when Illuminations was at 10pm, or 9pm? I think the biggest dilemma I face at WDW is choosing between Illuminations and Wishes each night. I wish there was some way they could schedule it to make it easier for people to see one then head to the other.

That would be very low on the list of reason why they schedule shows at certain times since very few people would want to do it even if there was time.

During the summer they only have so much darkness to work with without the shows running either very late or when its not quite dark.

chartle said:
That would be very low on the list of reason why they schedule shows at certain times since very few people would want to do it even if there was time.

During the summer they only have so much darkness to work with without the shows running either very late or when its not quite dark.

Even more, I doubt Disney would want to deconflict the schedules since I would think that is one of the most effective ways to distribute crowds resort-wide.

It isn't till September, but we are going to try.

If anyone has advise on making a quicker exit or other suggestions I would love to hear them.

I will update how it went when completed.

I think the only way this could ever happen is if the shows are in this order.

Fantasmic 6:30 PM

Illuminations 9 PM

Wishes 10 PM

This happens only during the Christmas Rush season or NYE when you have the midnight Fireworks at all three parks. You would probably have to be at the Future world end of the Lagoon for you to have a chance to be among the first to leave the park. A smarter plan would be to do a Fantasmic, Illuminations, MSEP plan for the peak Christmas time. MSEP is frequently at 9 PM and 11 PM that time of year. You could try to do it in September. You would probably see Fantasmic and Wishes, but not Illuminations even with a car.

A couple of years ago I remember watching a 6:45pm concert at the Flower and Garden festival which ended at 7:15-7:20 and hightailing over to the parking lot and getting in my car and driving the 10+ miles to go to Universal Studios which closed at 8pm but had the Mardi Gras parade and concert starting at 8pm.I was stressing the whole time because even though the parade started at 8pm I knew it would take 15-20 minutes to get to where I planned to watch it from,the problem was if they would even let me in if I show up at 8:10,luckily I was strolling through the gates at 8:02pm with hundreds others probably coming over from Islands of Adventure for the parade and concert.I'm still amazed I left a concert at 7:20 at the far end of Epcot and made it to the entrance of Universal in 40-45 minutes,I mean it can take 15-20 minutes just to go from the America Gardens theater to the parking lot as well as from the parking garage at Universal to the front gate,so that right there can be 30-40 minutes not counting the driving time,which could have been as much as 25-30 minutes alone.

Um...it's pretty easy actually to see two of the shows without any rush at all.
You can actually three of the nightly shows (just not Fantasmic) with very little rushing.

All you need is a room at CR (the Contemporary) on CL with a Bay Lake view. Go to the lounge for the MK fireworks.

If you go to WDW with extended family, or get firendly with another family on the other side of the reosrt- you can could also get one room witha MK view and one room with a Bay Lake view. you could also watcth at least one show form one of the obvservation areas. The view of Illuminations isn't perect, but you can see much of it, especiallly if you are on one of the higher floors.

I'm guessing parts of BLT actually have an even better view, but I've never been in those rooms. i woudl think the BLT lounge has a pretty good view of both shows.

I know we've also been someplace else at WDW and seen at least partial views of both shows....I just can't think of where it was. Maybe out on one of the lakes. Agian, you don't get a complete view of both, but I kow there have been times when I cold see both shows goiing off at once.

Oh - the 3rd nighttime show you can see at CR is the water parade.

Sometimes we have been able to get from Epcot to a late showing of Wishes. OTehr tiems we've goteen stuck on the monorail. soemtimes you an see wishes from the monorail, soetimes you can't. The monorail stops during the show. Usually wit no view. you still get emh though!

I'm not so big on Fanstasmic! We've not tried to fit that one in too. Maybe if F! was early and you coul dget back to CR...

Oh, you can also get a room at the Swan with a view of Illuminations- so you could maybe do that combo.

For this to count, we have to physically be in each park watching the shows from start to finish.

I am actually thinking of making this a charity challenge.

Maybe try to raise money for wishes if at all possible.

My thought would be to get sponsors to pay for each ride and show we can finish and donate that money to the miracle network.

Anyone ever do something like that and could give advise on how best way to setup I would love to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter