• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it even possible?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
If fantasmic was showing at 8pm;

Wishes was showing at 9pm;

Illumination showing at 10pm, can you make all three?

The biggest issue I see is getting from fantasmic to wishes in time.

Does anyone know if you can make it?

My boys and I always like to hit all four parks our last day. Hitting 3 major rides each park. Looks like the schedule for the fireworks may be as listed above.

My boys thought it would add something to the adventure.

My initial thought would be since we are staying at BLT, we stand in the back right for fantasmic. Thinking the back entrance would be a quicker run to car. Then drive to BLT and run to the entrance for the railroad to see wishes. Followed by the tram to Epcot for illumination.

I realize our viewing will not be ideal, but would be fun to see all three.

Anything's possible but with Fantasmic being 30-35 minutes long and with the time that it takes to get out of the park and then make it to MK,either by car or by bus to the TTC or bus to the Contemporary,the chances you'll make it to MK by the time Wishes begins are probably less than 1%.

fflmaster said:
If fantasmic was showing at 8pm;

Wishes was showing at 9pm;

Illumination showing at 10pm, can you make all three?

The biggest issue I see is getting from fantasmic to wishes in time.

Does anyone know if you can make it?

I'll just sugarcoat it and say no.

And when is Illuminations at 10:00p? That's very rare.

Barring a jet pack and/or teleportation device.... gonna have to say no, not possible.

You might manage to see the fireworks from Illuminations and Wishes at a distance, from a bus or monorail window. Actually attending the show from a position where you can see and hear what is going on, no.

Unless you're waiting by the gate (and thus would have a crappy view) I don't know how you'd even get out of MK by 10:00.

Looking at last September 29th schedule wishes was at 9pm while illumination was at 10.

Fantasmic wasn't held that night due to TOT 10 mile.

TOT 10 mile is scheduled for October this year.

IF the schedule played no one has attempted this and has been successful? Or failed?

The more I hear it isn't possible the more my boys want to try. Lol

google maps say the drive is 10 mins from HS to BLT.

I am thinking IF we can take 10 mins to get to car from fantasmic we can make it.

My initial thought would be since we are staying at BLT, we stand in the back right for fantasmic. Thinking the back entrance would be a quicker run to car. Then drive to BLT and run to the entrance for the railroad to see wishes. Followed by the tram to Epcot for illumination.

Why would you go to the MK to see Wishes when you have a place at BLT that is just as good to watch from? Or you could even watch from the CR, and the go and catch the Monorail to the TTC and get over to EPCOT for Illuminations, if they were to have a 10PM showing.

I may have to settle with wishes in our room if time is against us. The main goal would be inside each park for the shows.

I must be having a brain freeze. What is CR?

My husband and I were able to catch Wishes and Illuminations.
We positioned ourselves near/close to the exit where we could still see everything for Wishes.
Then darted as fast as we could to the monarail and made it just on the other side of the ball to see the fireworks.
I loved it! It was our last day at the parks, and the fireworks are my favorite.
We positioned ourselves in an open spot and used our jackets as a blanket and just sat there and snuggled and watched fireworks.
What a great end to a great week.

So it can be done, but it is tricky.

I could be totally wrong. I was using this web site posted by robo.

Robo has always given me the most accurate info ever.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/S...pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_sept.pdf

IllumiNations was at 10PM on a few selected Friday and Saturday nights last Sept and Oct because WS was open until 10 PM for the F&W festival.

The hardest part would be getting from DHS to MK in 30 minutes. Unlikely, because it may only take 10 minutes to drive between the 2 parks, but:

-You have to allow time to get out of the amphitheater, then the park and get to your car.
-You'll have to stop at the MK parking lot entrance and again at the CR parking lot entrance, then find a parking space.
-Go through security at the MK.

At any of these places there could be lines ahead of you.

KimmyK said:
My husband and I were able to catch Wishes and Illuminations.
We positioned ourselves near/close to the exit where we could still see everything for Wishes.
Then darted as fast as we could to the monarail and made it just on the other side of the ball to see the fireworks.
I loved it! It was our last day at the parks, and the fireworks are my favorite.
We positioned ourselves in an open spot and used our jackets as a blanket and just sat there and snuggled and watched fireworks.
What a great end to a great week.

So it can be done, but it is tricky.

Was this when Illuminations was at 10pm, or 9pm? I think the biggest dilemma I face at WDW is choosing between Illuminations and Wishes each night. I wish there was some way they could schedule it to make it easier for people to see one then head to the other.

I think your single biggest challenge is not getting to the next park, but getting OUT of the previous one. Even if you strategically position yourself near the exit, you won't be the only ones there.

I'm from the school of thought that doesn't like to deem anything impossible though so if you do go for it even if only as a challenge, I would love to hear about it :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter