Is it difficult managing two different UY's?

Funny, we have an OCT use year also.

It started with a resale at Boardwalk. When we tried to buy at other resorts, we were advised to keep it all one use year. Adding some smaller contracts to fit our points to the seasons we prefer for each lodge has made me glad that we're all in the same use year.

It seems to me that it's better to choose one resort or one use year.

I think what I will do is do the bank/borrow thing for this new contract when making ressies. I think because the UY are a month from each other...we will be okay. I HOPE!!!

We plan to add on but would not consider a different use year, it sounds like too much hassle!

Hey, Denise! I posted on one of your other threads, but I personally would not do it again. It's definitely not horrible, but things to consider:
- You will have two different banking dates
- If you bank points, they will expire at different times of the year (this can sometimes work to your advantage if you travel more than once a year)
- You can't combine points between UYs unless you transfer, but you can book whole nights (for example, five nights on one UY and 2 nights on the other) and link the reservation.
- If you do want to combine points (e.g., using 15 points out of one UY and 15 points out of another UY to book one night for 30 points) you have to transfer. You're only allowed one transfer in/out of a contract per UY.

With all of that said, there are things you can do to make it easier. For example, every year, I started moving all of my Aug UY points into my Dec UY. At least at the 7 month mark, it was one big pool of points. I still had to pay attention to banked point expiration dates and all of that good stuff, and the Aug points still kept all of the Aug "rules" (e.g., deadline to bank, end of July expiration on banked points, etc.), but that was really not a big deal.

With two UYs, you are truly two separate people to Disney. Their current system does not make it easy for them to toggle between your two contracts, and you have to pretty much know exactly what you want to do when you call MS. In other words, I got really good at calling in, giving them member id #1, telling them exactly what nights I wanted to book (sometimes they weren't consecutive nights) and then giving them member id #2, doing the exact same thing, and then telling them I wanted to link everything I just booked so I didn't have to change rooms since I'm the same member. Otherwise, if they miss that, and you do, too, those reservations aren't linked (remember, you're two separate people in the system) and you could find yourself having to move rooms in the middle of your stay.

Again, not horrible, I just wouldn't do it again. I would pay more per point if I had to. Good luck with your decision. :flower3:

Hey, Denise! I posted on one of your other threads, but I personally would not do it again. It's definitely not horrible, but things to consider:
- You will have two different banking dates
- If you bank points, they will expire at different times of the year (this can sometimes work to your advantage if you travel more than once a year)
- You can't combine points between UYs unless you transfer, but you can book whole nights (for example, five nights on one UY and 2 nights on the other) and link the reservation.
- If you do want to combine points (e.g., using 15 points out of one UY and 15 points out of another UY to book one night for 30 points) you have to transfer. You're only allowed one transfer in/out of a contract per UY.

With all of that said, there are things you can do to make it easier. For example, every year, I started moving all of my Aug UY points into my Dec UY. At least at the 7 month mark, it was one big pool of points. I still had to pay attention to banked point expiration dates and all of that good stuff, and the Aug points still kept all of the Aug "rules" (e.g., deadline to bank, end of July expiration on banked points, etc.), but that was really not a big deal.

With two UYs, you are truly two separate people to Disney. Their current system does not make it easy for them to toggle between your two contracts, and you have to pretty much know exactly what you want to do when you call MS. In other words, I got really good at calling in, giving them member id #1, telling them exactly what nights I wanted to book (sometimes they weren't consecutive nights) and then giving them member id #2, doing the exact same thing, and then telling them I wanted to link everything I just booked so I didn't have to change rooms since I'm the same member. Otherwise, if they miss that, and you do, too, those reservations aren't linked (remember, you're two separate people in the system) and you could find yourself having to move rooms in the middle of your stay.

Again, not horrible, I just wouldn't do it again. I would pay more per point if I had to. Good luck with your decision. :flower3:

A few people have said that you can transfer between your accts. as long as you own both memberships. I have not called about this, but other people have posted that it does not count against your 1 transfer a year. I will have to check on this. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter