Is it December Yet?? Cancelled with a Heavy Heart!

I hope that your purchases lift your spirits a bit. Again, I am so sorry about your Dad!

I just love Disney Park Music. I really fell in love the the Paradise Pier music while in DLR. I have hours and hours of Disney music!

I have also recently gotten into the Vinylmations! DS turns 16 tomorrow and I am a bit down that he is growing up way too fast. So this morning I bought myself the Red Sox vinylmation! Amazing what a little Disney purchase can do for ones mood!

Sending :love: and :hug: your way!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You are in my thoughts.

Sounds like you have been purchasing some good stuff to get ready for the trip.

And yay for DL trips with friends. Sounds like you need it right now.

Thanx!! :hug:

I love getting stuff to read, listen to & watch.....so if anyone knows of a must DVD for WDW.....let me know!!! We've been watching a lot of youtube stuff.

I hope that your purchases lift your spirits a bit. Again, I am so sorry about your Dad!

I just love Disney Park Music. I really fell in love the the Paradise Pier music while in DLR. I have hours and hours of Disney music!

I have also recently gotten into the Vinylmations! DS turns 16 tomorrow and I am a bit down that he is growing up way too fast. So this morning I bought myself the Red Sox vinylmation! Amazing what a little Disney purchase can do for ones mood!

Sending :love: and :hug: your way!

Thanx Vicki!! :hug: Shopping is an addiction....probably a good thing I got the refund at the right time to allow some "lift my spirits" purchases.

We took all our DL CD's and complied them into a walking tour thru the park & then did them as MP3's.....so I have 91 songs on one CD (some of them being 20 min. songs......lol)

I don't get excited about the Vinylmations.......never have...... Glad it made you feel better though!!

Wow.....16??? They do grow up way to fast.........

yeah for the refund and payment

sounds like the DL trip is just at the right time

I think the timing is perfect for my DL getaway....... I'll be ready for some fun with friends to help recharge my system.

It felt great to make a nice payment on our package!! :woohoo:

I don't get excited about the Vinylmations.......never have...... Glad it made you feel better though!!

Wow.....16??? They do grow up way to fast.........

Ya know, I was never crazy about them until fairly recently. I bought a couple on past trips just for the novelty of it but nothing serious. All of a sudden I have decided that they make me happy! Not to the extent that I will try to collect all of a series or anythng like that. Just a few here and there.

And yes, I cannot even think about him being 16! Where the heck has the time gone!

Ya know, I was never crazy about them until fairly recently. I bought a couple on past trips just for the novelty of it but nothing serious. All of a sudden I have decided that they make me happy! Not to the extent that I will try to collect all of a series or anythng like that. Just a few here and there.

And yes, I cannot even think about him being 16! Where the heck has the time gone!

It's probably a good thing I don't care for the Vinylmations......I don't need another vice..... :rolleyes1

The time does seem to go by quickly......that's why I had to go out & adopt me 4 more, so I could keep "littles" in my house for longer!! :rotfl:

The time does seem to go by quickly......that's why I had to go out & adopt me 4 more, so I could keep "littles" in my house for longer!! :rotfl:

:laughing: You are a better person than I my friend! Not sure I could go back to the really little! I just want to freeze him now!

Awesome that you got to put some money on your packages. That must feel like a bit of a weight off. Hope it makes you feel a little better.

I am addicted to Vinylmations too. I haven't bought any in a little while, cause the Disney Store has crazy shipping charges. Anything I try to order right now, even if it's one little vinylmation or a pin, it's a flat rate of $24.50 for shipping. Yeah, no thanks!

I don't want my little boy to grow up. He is already growing too fast.

:laughing: You are a better person than I my friend! Not sure I could go back to the really little! I just want to freeze him now!

The kids are fun, when they're old enough to do stuff with & enjoy some of the same hobbies/interests.......it's a totally different kind of relationship.

Awesome that you got to put some money on your packages. That must feel like a bit of a weight off. Hope it makes you feel a little better.

I am addicted to Vinylmations too. I haven't bought any in a little while, cause the Disney Store has crazy shipping charges. Anything I try to order right now, even if it's one little vinylmation or a pin, it's a flat rate of $24.50 for shipping. Yeah, no thanks!

I don't want my little boy to grow up. He is already growing too fast.

YIKES!! $24.50??? That's crazy!! You'd need to order a ton of stuff to warrant that amount for shipping!! :eek:

I loved paying on our package.....I really could have paid the whole thing....but prefer to keep some money in the bank to cover unplanned....like my van, that's in the shop, because the rear caliper won't retract & is dragging on the brakes.....awesome!! :headache:

The baby time goes in a flash......take tons of pics, videos, save favorite outfits, etc. It doesn't seem that long ago when I was bringing my first one home from the hospital & being so nervous about being a mom......he'll turn 27 this year..........heavy sigh. Being a mom is AWESOME!! :goodvibes

Unfortunately they tack on at least $5 for each item that get's added on, depending on the size/cost of the item. Trust me I tried. After Christmas I tried to order a few ornaments...they wanted $44 for shipping for a $50 order. As much as I wanted the ornaments, they weren't worth almost a hundred dollars.

Ugh, I dread those unexpected things to happen. We aren't good with keeping a lot of extra money on hand.

I love the job so far, and time is definitely going fast! I have been taking tons of photos and already have a few things saved, like the first sleepers he was ever in, etc.

Unfortunately they tack on at least $5 for each item that get's added on, depending on the size/cost of the item. Trust me I tried. After Christmas I tried to order a few ornaments...they wanted $44 for shipping for a $50 order. As much as I wanted the ornaments, they weren't worth almost a hundred dollars.

Ugh, I dread those unexpected things to happen. We aren't good with keeping a lot of extra money on hand.

I love the job so far, and time is definitely going fast! I have been taking tons of photos and already have a few things saved, like the first sleepers he was ever in, etc.

They really get you for being in Canada!! I wonder if it would be cheaper for someone in the states to buy it & have it shipped to them & for them to put a new address label & ship it to you??? :confused3

We don't usually have money laying around either....just happened to happen the day our federal tax refund came in.....otherwise we would have been screwed!! I ended up renting a car for the weekend since the part wasn't available until late today, which would have meant no vehicle for the weekend. So they put it back together & I pick it up.....they tell me, don't drive it.....that piston could break & that would be really bad!! :eek: Maybe they should have told me that before I picked it up & I would have left it there for them to fix on Monday. :rolleyes1 Anywho's.......I had Derek drive me to Enterprise Car Rentals & picked up a Chevy Impala to get us through. (again, something that wouldn't have happened if we didn't get that big money in this week).....so timing at least was good this time.

It amazes me how fast they grow up........they're so tiny & helpless and before you know it.....they've taken off & your forever chasing after them. Enjoy it!! :cloud9:

They really get you for being in Canada!! I wonder if it would be cheaper for someone in the states to buy it & have it shipped to them & for them to put a new address label & ship it to you??? :confused3

We don't usually have money laying around either....just happened to happen the day our federal tax refund came in.....otherwise we would have been screwed!! I ended up renting a car for the weekend since the part wasn't available until late today, which would have meant no vehicle for the weekend. So they put it back together & I pick it up.....they tell me, don't drive it.....that piston could break & that would be really bad!! :eek: Maybe they should have told me that before I picked it up & I would have left it there for them to fix on Monday. :rolleyes1 Anywho's.......I had Derek drive me to Enterprise Car Rentals & picked up a Chevy Impala to get us through. (again, something that wouldn't have happened if we didn't get that big money in this week).....so timing at least was good this time.

It amazes me how fast they grow up........they're so tiny & helpless and before you know it.....they've taken off & your forever chasing after them. Enjoy it!! :cloud9:

Yeah it probably would be cheaper to do it that way! When I sent a whole box of things to Jessica, it only cost me $10, and it was much heavier than just a Vinylmation.

Good thing that happened when you had some extra cash. Just too bad that extra cash had to be spent on fixing a car and rentals and not something fun. Why would they leave it for you to pick up and then tell you not to drive it? That makes no sense! lol

He is learning to scootch himself around now. Not quite crawling, but he manages to get himself from one end of a room to another quite quickly. So he's already got us on our toes. He's just found the stereo volume knob as we speak! :scared1:

And the shipping has never been that bad before. It was high, but not that ridiculous. I've gotten Vinyls from there before, and they'd charge $10. That's still a lot, but not as bad as $24.50.

Yeah it probably would be cheaper to do it that way! When I sent a whole box of things to Jessica, it only cost me $10, and it was much heavier than just a Vinylmation.

Good thing that happened when you had some extra cash. Just too bad that extra cash had to be spent on fixing a car and rentals and not something fun. Why would they leave it for you to pick up and then tell you not to drive it? That makes no sense! lol

He is learning to scootch himself around now. Not quite crawling, but he manages to get himself from one end of a room to another quite quickly. So he's already got us on our toes. He's just found the stereo volume knob as we speak! :scared1:

And the shipping has never been that bad before. It was high, but not that ridiculous. I've gotten Vinyls from there before, and they'd charge $10. That's still a lot, but not as bad as $24.50.

Yup, I could think of funner things to spend the money on ...... but so thankful I had the money to fix the van!!

I love watching them scootch......so cute!!!!!

I'd watch for free shipping deals from them (they do run them....just not sure about Canada shipping)

Yup, I could think of funner things to spend the money on ...... but so thankful I had the money to fix the van!!

I love watching them scootch......so cute!!!!!

I'd watch for free shipping deals from them (they do run them....just not sure about Canada shipping)

Yeah, Canada isn't included in that. I wish they'd at least give us a discount when they have those deals on, but it's always full price for us.

Your binder is amazing!! I wish I had your creativity:worship:

I have read your previous TR's and can't wait to read this one.

I have been to POP and it's an amazing resort. I would definetely go back there again and again and again. I especially love the dedicated buses.

Your binder is amazing!! I wish I had your creativity:worship:

I have read your previous TR's and can't wait to read this one.

I have been to POP and it's an amazing resort. I would definetely go back there again and again and again. I especially love the dedicated buses.

Thank you so much!! and WELCOME!! :wave2:

I'm so glad you've read my other reports & decided to follow along on this one!!!! :woohoo:

The Pop looks like a fun place.....a place, everyone in my family will enjoy....something for everyone & every age!!! I get cheered up, just looking at pics from it. :goodvibes

My gosh the story about your LOVE for Disney and how it came to be-- stole my heart. What a wonderful memory for such a little tyke. I really think my heart skipped a beat -- or two.

I am amazed every time I see new pictures of the 4 younger children. The twins look so grown up now. The two other munchkins are just as cute as possible. Snow and kids sure makes for some great picture taking. I have to say we got plenty here during that last snow storm.

I love love love your NOTEBOOK. I am now thinking how can i ever do a notebook for DL that would be 1/2 as nice as yours. I do not think I can, but I am going to try to make a guide for our trip in October. It will be us, The old grandparents --- daughter and son in law-- and Lils and Austen they will be 5 and 8 at time of travel. Looking like we are going to stay 5-6 nights again. I sure hope I can get AP rate if not I will fall back on the senior rate.

I went to DW last time in Dec just beofre I started Dialysis. Gotta take that last vacation you know. I stayed at the all-star Music. I have stayed there when I was traveling alone so two times there and two times at the swan and dolphin.

I have to admit I love the all-star hotels. When traveling with my husband who is in wheelchair we stay in a villa at epcot -- makes his getting around so much easier.

I understand the food courts at the Pop are so much better then the other value hotels. I am so glad to hear you are going to have a car. It has taken me a couple of trips (14 trips over 9 years) to get the roads figured out.

For the Parks AK must see is #1 Lion King Sit in first rows if possible as they take some kinds out of audience to help at beginning of show.

MGM I guess it is Hollywood now. #1 to me is the Indianna Jones show #2 Beauty and the Beast #3 the car show. The shows run in a cycle so planning is important. Makse sure you see the evening Famtasic. There is handicapped seating so do not waste money getting special seating by buying table service meals for seating. Even during peak time handicapped seats were always available. There is a snack counter there also for drinks and popcorn etc. It is a not to be missed show --:).

MK is great. It is a bit smaller then DL but in a way that is a good thing. Get that camera out for the walk down main street-- what a beautiful castle at WDW. I hope you are doing the Christmas after hours at MK. It is a wonderful time. Cookies Hot chocolate, mega charaters, Snow will drop during the last part of the night. The parade is nothing but magical--- Like love the toy soilders march.

Epcot is amazing. #1 is the Test Track. #2 the ocean #3 is Energy-- has a longer ride but is actually very good. #4 is the Land-- this again is a wonderful building with a ride that takes you on a boat thru areas fish are raised and that plants are grown-- even the mickey pumpkins will be growing.

Now the countries-- what can I say? I remember looking at mexico thinking Huh well that is nice a aztec building. Even first going into the building I thought what a waste of space -- but Ok I will look at the artifacts. Then I walked a bit and come upon MEXICO inside this building. I think I picked my jaw up off the floor. There is a restaurant along with a market and some retail stores-- gotta have those--. There is a cute boat ride -- slow for asults but kids seem to like.

Makse sure you do the boat ride in norway-- :).

I could and have spent all day in the counties. Great food to for counter service or table service.

The America Pavilion has singers throug out the day. There is a GREAT show also-- All of the Presidents will be on stage at once. The is one of the best I have ever seen.

The evening show is quit spectaular. Again handicapped seating is available in different areas of the park. You neeed to be in the countires to see the show proper. We found near France to have best viewing. The bridge between france and england to me is best-- unless they are doing a dessert viewing-- you get your own area and the desserts are great.

Oh heck you need to do this trip and go back to do it all over again----once is not enough.

:)

Patty

My gosh the story about your LOVE for Disney and how it came to be-- stole my heart. What a wonderful memory for such a little tyke. I really think my heart skipped a beat -- or two.

Anthony is still a magnet for getting "magic" at DL!!

I am amazed every time I see new pictures of the 4 younger children. The twins look so grown up now. The two other munchkins are just as cute as possible. Snow and kids sure makes for some great picture taking. I have to say we got plenty here during that last snow storm.

The girls are getting bigger......crazy to look at how tall they are, but still have little babies inside. The snow was fun for a couple days....but was glad it was short lived.

I love love love your NOTEBOOK. I am now thinking how can i ever do a notebook for DL that would be 1/2 as nice as yours. I do not think I can, but I am going to try to make a guide for our trip in October. It will be us, The old grandparents --- daughter and son in law-- and Lils and Austen they will be 5 and 8 at time of travel. Looking like we are going to stay 5-6 nights again. I sure hope I can get AP rate if not I will fall back on the senior rate.

Thanx Patty......the notebook if a fun thing for me!! YAY.....you're going in October!!!! You'll have so much fun!!! We had looked at October last year, but then it fell thru......are you going to do one of the parties?? The kids are at a good age!!

I went to DW last time in Dec just beofre I started Dialysis. Gotta take that last vacation you know. I stayed at the all-star Music. I have stayed there when I was traveling alone so two times there and two times at the swan and dolphin.

I have to admit I love the all-star hotels. When traveling with my husband who is in wheelchair we stay in a villa at epcot -- makes his getting around so much easier.

I understand the food courts at the Pop are so much better then the other value hotels. I am so glad to hear you are going to have a car. It has taken me a couple of trips (14 trips over 9 years) to get the roads figured out.

I'm pretty good at reading maps & navigating.....Mike's pretty good at listening so we make a good team.....lol

For the Parks AK must see is #1 Lion King Sit in first rows if possible as they take some kinds out of audience to help at beginning of show.

MGM I guess it is Hollywood now. #1 to me is the Indianna Jones show #2 Beauty and the Beast #3 the car show. The shows run in a cycle so planning is important. Makse sure you see the evening Famtasic. There is handicapped seating so do not waste money getting special seating by buying table service meals for seating. Even during peak time handicapped seats were always available. There is a snack counter there also for drinks and popcorn etc. It is a not to be missed show --:).

We're not planning on doing Fantasmic......I've seen a video of it & think it kinda goes off into left field......different but since we're limited on time.....I think we'll pass on it this time.

MK is great. It is a bit smaller then DL but in a way that is a good thing. Get that camera out for the walk down main street-- what a beautiful castle at WDW. I hope you are doing the Christmas after hours at MK. It is a wonderful time. Cookies Hot chocolate, mega charaters, Snow will drop during the last part of the night. The parade is nothing but magical--- Like love the toy soilders march.

We're planning on doing the Christmas Party....we want to experience as much of the holiday stuff as possible!!

Epcot is amazing. #1 is the Test Track. #2 the ocean #3 is Energy-- has a longer ride but is actually very good. #4 is the Land-- this again is a wonderful building with a ride that takes you on a boat thru areas fish are raised and that plants are grown-- even the mickey pumpkins will be growing.

Now the countries-- what can I say? I remember looking at mexico thinking Huh well that is nice a aztec building. Even first going into the building I thought what a waste of space -- but Ok I will look at the artifacts. Then I walked a bit and come upon MEXICO inside this building. I think I picked my jaw up off the floor. There is a restaurant along with a market and some retail stores-- gotta have those--. There is a cute boat ride -- slow for asults but kids seem to like.

Makse sure you do the boat ride in norway-- :).

I could and have spent all day in the counties. Great food to for counter service or table service.

The America Pavilion has singers throug out the day. There is a GREAT show also-- All of the Presidents will be on stage at once. The is one of the best I have ever seen.

I'm looking forward to Epcot & checking out all these countries......Glad we've planned 2 full days & it might end up being our "float" day too.....we'll see!!

The evening show is quit spectaular. Again handicapped seating is available in different areas of the park. You neeed to be in the countires to see the show proper. We found near France to have best viewing. The bridge between france and england to me is best-- unless they are doing a dessert viewing-- you get your own area and the desserts are great.

Does Illuminations offer a dessert seating?? I know MK has the Wishes Dessert Party......I'd be interested in one at Illuminations if they have one!!!

Oh heck you need to do this trip and go back to do it all over again----once is not enough.

:)

Patty

Patty thank you so much for all the tips & information.......I'm getting pretty excited about this trip!!! :cool1:

I found you!!

I only read your first post so far but it gave me chills and a tear to my eye! I am extremely happy for you that you are able to make this dream come true!!

Now on to catch up on more...

I found you!!

I only read your first post so far but it gave me chills and a tear to my eye! I am extremely happy for you that you are able to make this dream come true!!

Now on to catch up on more...

:wave2: Hi Paula & welcome to the WDW PTR!!! I'm glad you followed me over here....this is all new territory for me!!

I'm so excited to have this opportunity........I even made some changes today....so I'll post about those next!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter