Is it bad to brag?????

pixiedust:This is also extremely awesome. When you do online checkin. Request a high floor and odd number room.

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering about the online check-in as I thought that was for me to check in the day of arrival not ahead of time. I'm glad I was able to do the check-in early since I'm arriving to the airport at 935 am and will probably be at the resort at 1030ish.

This is so exciting!!!!! I feel giddy for you!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pics!

We've seen someone ahead of us get upgraded...and let me tell you...I was just as excited for them as they were!!! It was sooo fun to see!!!! I love witnessing pixie dust..that's the magic of disney...I could care less if it happens to me, I just love seeing people sooo happy!!!! Enjoy your holiday!

I haven't heard of the 'family of the day' before. Is it only at deluxe resorts or do they do this at value and moderate too?

I don't know. The first time I heard about it was when it happened in January. They said they hadn't been doing it for awhile but they were reactivating the program at Poly. That week, we saw the Tonga (suites) longhouse fill up as the week went by.

image.jpg Finally home again watching the freezing rain fall outside my windows and dreaming of our trip!
Managed to figure out posting pics. So here is some, but it does not do it justice at all....you have to see it to believe it.
Also worked out from the taxes that the suite goes for around 4000 a night. Unbelievable!image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 46

We were in the top floor of the tower in the foreground. You have to click on the other picture to see it sorry.

WOW! So you had to pay the additional tax for staying in that room? I still think it would be worth it - how amazing! Almost like winning a stay in the Castle Suite! :)

No we didn't ay the tax.. They tool what we paid for the room we booked as the starting credit and defrayed the room taxes with it. It didn't cost us anything extra!

Wowsa!!!!!!

I need to see pics from inside.

I was excited when we got upgraded from a little mermaid room to a Lion king suite at aoa

We've been "family of the day" once at YC. Had booked a garden view room. Nothing special. Then, BOOM! Two king beds suite (with two bathrooms and two balconies, one with a view of the pool/epcot fireworks, then other was garden I think, and we had a view of the Boardwalk in the "suite hallway") with Club Level Access!

I was crying.

It's a great feeling! We were family of day at GF last August! Upgraded to Main Building and it was amazing! Congrats!

We checked into the grand floridian today and were told we were the family of the day. I thought they were joking. But then the Cm said they upgrades us to concierge in the main building. We said thank you so much! Little did we know that they put us in the GRAND SUITE!!!!!! The place is huge!!! 2200 square feet. I cant get over it and had to share...,

Congrats on the awesome upgrade. The GF is a great resort and RPC is just amazing. Enjoy the suite :wizard:.

did you have multiple views? how many balconies? were the bedrooms refurbished? I am so curious all about your magical stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter