Is Everyone Ready for their January Trip?

I am SOOO ready!!! Only 18 days I can't even waitt!!! We have everything booked, all we have to do is get our magic your way tickets and the DDP. We have had all our ADRs, hotel reservations, and flights booked for months. When will January 14th be here???????!!! :confused3

^^ Yeah what she said :banana:

we only have a few minor glitches to figure out but we are so ready to go :) we have been counting down since there were 108 days till the trip. and now there's only 18!! (well technically 17 because it's 2 in the morning haha) I can not wait to get to Disney and eat all of the food :lovestruc I've been looking forward to it for so long.

We fly out on Jan. 22 and I am so ready! But I'm starting to really freak out. Car rental is done, condo rental is paid, tickets will be picked up at will call, Disney Reward cards are here and just waiting for $ to be transferred. But now I am totally rethinking my park schedule and messing with ADRs ALL OVER AGAIN! When will it stop?! Since they've added second F! shows during our stay, we are now considering park hopping from AK to HS to see the later show instead of spending the day at HS and dealing with the crowds. Just when I think I had everything planned out just perfectly!

And I am hoping that this cold snap they've had recently is long gone by the time we get there. We survived last January's record low temp's, and I'd love to experience the parks without being bundled up in 4 layers of clothing.

How much would it cost to check a U-Haul? :rotfl:

We're going down for our 4th marathon weekend and we'll be there January 5-12. We're staying at AKV Kidani and meeting my parents and brother and DH's mom and dad.

I started packing tonight and can I just rant for a second that the logistics of packing for this trip are defeating me!!! First there's the normal Disney stuff, then add in the fact that we never know if it's going to be 80 degrees or 30 degrees until we actually get out there, this time of year. Then there's the running stuff - I'm running the 5K and the half marathon so I need running gear for two days. Next, I've never traveled with an infant before (DS will be 5 months old), so I'm sure I'm over packing on that. HOW MANY FREAKING DIAPERS DO I NEED TO PACK FOR 8 DAYS?!?!? WHY AM I BRINGING A STROLLER, WHEN I'VE LITERALLY USED IT AT HOME 4 TIMES SINCE CALLUM WAS BORN??? Ok, then we're staying at a DVC villa so I'm trying to remember things like laundry detergent and dishwasher soap. And add in the fact that my family and DH's family decided to do Christmas while we're at Disney, and so I have gifts for 8 people. :rolleyes1

Oh dear. I do feel better now that I got that out, though. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes! We have 13 year old fraternal twin daughters (night and day, literally!)...we'll be at POP from 1/5 - 1/15. Poor DH is the only runner in the family, the rest of us are pit crew...Hope your trip is fabulous too!

Oops - forgot - this is in response to PurpleTurtle...still not so good at posting....

I have got my tree down and almost everything put away. We fly out on Thursday and we get to WDW on Jan 1st for 11 night at CR. :banana: I'm almost packed but cleaning up Christmas is a lot of work :laughing:

I've got a suitcase of warm clothes and park essentials packed and at my parents house. I'm packing another bag or two and taking it when I go to their place sunday to clean the car and drop our cats off (they're petsitting for us). I also plan to buy our snacks while I'm at their place. Then all we have to do on the 6th is drive our dogs to their place, grab our bags, and hit the road. We are driving straight thru from MI and plan to arrive around 7AM on the 7th.

So ready to go!!!! Got excited this morning when my phone said "16 days." This weekend I am putting all the Christmas decorations away (since it will be a gorgeous 50 degrees in Pittsburgh) and taking out the suitcases! Yesterday I went through DS3's clothes (he kinda shot up and grew out of his 12 months clothes in about a month) and found soooooo many cute button down shirts for him to wear in Disney! I have been a little nervous about his clothes being that he is too tall for 12 months, but too skinny for 18 months.

Only other thing to worry about is the drive! The 17 hours scares the hell out of me. My parents and sister our going their own way, so that makes it a little stressful being that I will have no idea really where they are or how they are doing, but I will have 3 cars of my own to worry about. I don't care, I'm pulling out at 5:45 on 1/14 no matter what (hoping to leave a bit earlier!)

Just took a break from packing to read up on the DIS! We are so excited, and leaving tomorrow. We are staying at the Poly for 2 nights (NYE), and then moving to POR for 6 nights. Can't Wait!!:banana:

We have 29 days, which gives me amble time! I know the time will fly by. When it warms up this weekend (and some of the snow melts), I will put away our outdoor decorations. Not sure when I will start packing up Christmas.

I am worried about the weather delaying our flight at the end of the month; I am not worried about being stuck in Disney though! :rotfl:

I won't start packing until the Sunday before. (We leave on a Wednesday night.) My one daughter wants to be surprised, so I am not going to have the usual packing piles laying around.

For months, she had no idea when we were going (while her twin knew the time of the flights). One day she came home and said," Okay, I want to know." I convinced her that she didn't want to know and conceded by sharing the month. In retrospect, that was silly. Telling her it was Jan. leaves little option as the month goes on until the end. I think she wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be there during Christmas. :rotfl:

DH and I are leaving in 3 weeks, I have a list started but no actual packing done. Tried to do the on-line check-in for our resort, but have to wait until 10 days out. DH heard an extended weather forecast and Florida is supposed to be "warmer than normal" for the month of January so we're happy to hear that. Although, being from Michigan, even 60's is nice to us. I am a bit concerned about a snow storm though, would hate to have the trip delayed because of the weather, but nothing we can do about it.

Arriving on the 8th. Hoping the temperature gets back up in the 70's while I am there.

We're sleeping through the New Year so that we can start driving at 4am. We always go a day earlier than our WDW reservation. I always book a cheap offsite room(this year it's $27) for the night before so that we can hit the parks 1st thing in the morning. We check in at 7:30 and if the room isn't ready (it actually has been ready this early before), we leave the luggage in the car and hit the parks till about 3, then we go to the room, unpack, and hit the parks again later that evening. Anyway, we leave Saturday!!!! :banana::cool1::thumbsup2

I'm so not ready but it will happen!!!!

Last time we went I planned everything with military precision despite organising the trip and our wedding at the same time! This trip is totally different as there are 7 of us going staying off site in a villa so I don't have to think about lots of the things I did last time :-)

We have 14 days but I will be fighting to spend as many of those in WDW as possible!

Have a great trip everyone :goodvibes

We are packed and ready to get out of the snow. 11 more days to the Poly:banana:

WE ARE SO READY!!! Well... we're ready emotionally... logistically speaking, not so much. hee hee! I have to start thinking about packing, cat sitters, etc...

We surprised our kids for Christmas...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2620727

Now that we finished counting down to Christmas with our Mickey countdown calendar from Disney, we're keeping it out to start over again for our Disney trip countdown! 25 more days! :thumbsup2

medium.jpg

Snow ?

We are having 95 degrees days here in Buenos Aires, Argentina !!
Too hot...but the swimming pool at my in-laws helps through this terrible days. :cool1:

-6 days for our trip to WDW (staying at Pop Century) !! :woohoo:

If its really bad I'll trade you- it's -20 right now here in Alaska! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter