Is doing a solo trip that much fun?

How manys days do you make your trip for?
4 - 5 days. I leave in 4 days for a 5 day trip!

Do you feel like you are odd or wierd at all by doing a solo?
Not at all. I am single and live alone. I am used to doing things on my own. I go, relax and have fun at my own pace. I can eat when I want and go to any park when I want (yes get the park hopper option!).

Do you ever get that loney feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family? Nope. Last solo trip, two friends showed up one day (they happened to be staying in Kissimmee). It actually brought down my day, as they complained about rides, food, etc.

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you? I do both. For this coming trip I have 4 ADRs. I enjoy a nice meal, and to sit and watch others. You also get a to meet some great people and the CMs love to chat if they know you are alone.

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option? Last solo trip, I did not use the photo pass. Big mistake! I came home with some fun pictures I took or a CM took for me, but with PP, you get the professional ones. These can be in front of the castle or with characters. And if you chose not to purchase, you can! But at least you have the option.

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you? I do the value resorts. I don't spend leisure time at the resort or in my room. I shower, sleep and maybe catch a quick bite on my way to the parks. It just makes sense to me to save that money and use on nice dining or a souvenir!

More on the Park Hopper - I love it! I don't find I enjoy AK as much as the other parks. I will go for EMH in the morning, ride Everest and Kali River and other rides, then leave before more crowds arrive. Last time I rode Everest 10 times in a row! I then will head to Epcot or HS and finish a full day at those parks. It is nice to know if you want to see the Illuminations or Fantasmic at the end of the day, and you are in another park, you can hop on a bus and be there to see it!

4 - 5 days. I leave in 4 days for a 5 day trip!

Not at all. I am single and live alone. I am used to doing things on my own. I go, relax and have fun at my own pace. I can eat when I want and go to any park when I want (yes get the park hopper option!).

Do you ever get that loney feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family? Nope. Last solo trip, two friends showed up one day (they happened to be staying in Kissimmee). It actually brought down my day, as they complained about rides, food, etc.

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you? I do both. For this coming trip I have 4 ADRs. I enjoy a nice meal, and to sit and watch others. You also get a to meet some great people and the CMs love to chat if they know you are alone.

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option? Last solo trip, I did not use the photo pass. Big mistake! I came home with some fun pictures I took or a CM took for me, but with PP, you get the professional ones. These can be in front of the castle or with characters. And if you chose not to purchase, you can! But at least you have the option.

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you? I do the value resorts. I don't spend leisure time at the resort or in my room. I shower, sleep and maybe catch a quick bite on my way to the parks. It just makes sense to me to save that money and use on nice dining or a souvenir!

More on the Park Hopper - I love it! I don't find I enjoy AK as much as the other parks. I will go for EMH in the morning, ride Everest and Kali River and other rides, then leave before more crowds arrive. Last time I rode Everest 10 times in a row! I then will head to Epcot or HS and finish a full day at those parks. It is nice to know if you want to see the Illuminations or Fantasmic at the end of the day, and you are in another park, you can hop on a bus and be there to see it!

oh man I think AK is going to be a favourite alone. I love it already and am alway bummed when they close early. I can't wait to spend an entire day just wondering around enjoying the AMAZING theming!

oh man I think AK is going to be a favourite alone. I love it already and am alway bummed when they close early. I can't wait to spend an entire day just wondering around enjoying the AMAZING theming!

I agree and think alike with you about spending the day there. The day I am planning at AK has emh from 8-5. I could see myself riding the safari a few times along with EE. That is one big park, I tend to stroll around and see what is going on.

Well hey stranger!! Welcome back! You know my feelings about going solo...IT'S AWESOME!!! Someone will always be willing to take pictures for you, you can do what you want when you want to. I love doing table service, it gives me time to people watch, relax and figure out what I want to do next and...best of all...have some really great food. I've never felt lonely, I always seem to be the one to give people advice or directions so there's always interaction with people. I spend a lot of time with people so I value my solo time. Do it! You know you'll love it!

Well hey stranger!! Welcome back! You know my feelings about going solo...IT'S AWESOME!!! Someone will always be willing to take pictures for you, you can do what you want when you want to. I love doing table service, it gives me time to people watch, relax and figure out what I want to do next and...best of all...have some really great food. I've never felt lonely, I always seem to be the one to give people advice or directions so there's always interaction with people. I spend a lot of time with people so I value my solo time. Do it! You know you'll love it!

Hello my friend!!!! Yes I was actually going to reach out to you and ask you. Gosh, I know you had good stuff to say about doing solo's. Chay, did you do park hopper when u did the solo? Just curious.

captaindavidhook said:
Hello my friend!!!! Yes I was actually going to reach out to you and ask you. Gosh, I know you had good stuff to say about doing solo's. Chay, did you do park hopper when u did the solo? Just curious.

I have an AP so I do park hop. I do character meals and get a photo pass....I do everything I would do with someone else just at my pace

I have an AP so I do park hop. I do character meals and get a photo pass....I do everything I would do with someone else just at my pace

ok, well any help you can throw my way, helps :thumbsup2 thanks again Chay

My solo trip is coming up in about 2 months..I'm excited about it. I've been talking about trying it for years, and finally just decided to go for it. I'm an independent type of person, and don't mind spending time alone, so I think I'll be fine.

I'm doing the Candlelight Processional and MVMCP and am very happy that I'll be there for the Christmas season. I also got park hoppers- I love the flexibility.

I have been tinkering with the ideal of doing a solo trip in the next few months. I have asked some people, for thier advice as far the pros and cons of doing a solo. The more I think of it, the more I am intrigued about making it happen. I have some questions I would like to ask some of the people on here that have done a solo trip before, so here goes:

Do you ever get that loney feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family?

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you?

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option?

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you?

Sorry for all the questions, I just hope someone can help fill in the blanks for me and give me some answers on thier previous experiences doing a solo. Also just a side note, let me know if you did a solo, how much did you enjoy it or not. Thanks in advance and any advice you could throw my way in helping me, is very much welcomed.

ok, so now I can answer these with a real keyboard:

How manys days do you make your trip for? 4-7 days

Do you feel like you are odd or wierd at all by doing a solo? NOT AT ALL. no one really pays attention to who's solo and who's not. everyone is so involved in their own magic they are not concerned about yours

Do you ever get that lonely feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family? again, no way, my niece and nephew keep asking when I'm going to take them and I tell them I'm not, "Disney isn't for children"

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you? I make ADRs for everyday 1) because it makes me stop and take a break 2) I get to have some really awesome food. I like to get a dining plan because it's one less thing I have to think about for out of pocket expenses

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option? again, I have pictures taken with characters all the time, I have a CM take it with my camera and with a photo pass...sometimes their shots are better than mine, sometimes not

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you? I like staying at the moderate resorts, the rooms are nice and you don't have as many little children to contend with. normally the higher you pay in price, the less you have to deal with smaller children. of course you will always have kids at your resort, but a lot of times the parents are on a budget so why spend a lot of money on a room they are just going to sleep in. I actually enjoy spending time in my resort, walking the grounds and checking out what the resort has to offer.

How manys days do you make your trip for?For me, 5 or 6 days is the perfect length.

Do you feel like you are odd or wierd at all by doing a solo? Not at all. I figure everyone else is too busy enjoying their vacations to even notice that I'm alone.

Do you ever get that loney feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family?I don't feel as though I'm missing out but I do sometimes wish certain people were there to share the trip with me. When that happens, I call or text family/friends and that usually makes me feel better. I've found that posting pictures or updating my status on FB helps too. It's nice to get a notification while standing in line for an attraction. Helps me feel connected to family/friends that couldn't travel with me.

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you?It doesn't really matter to me but I've never done a TS while solo. I do enough of those while traveling with my family. When I'm alone, I don't want to be tied down to having a schedule. I like to wing it and go with the flow which is much easier to do when you're by yourself.

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option?If that's your only reason for using Photopass...no. I never use it and always get pictures of myself with the characters. I just ask the CM or the Photopass photographer to take a picture. They always do. I've even asked random people to take my picture. When I do that, I always offer to take theirs as well. I've never had someone say no.

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you?It doesn't really matter to me. I've stayed at values and DVC while doing a solo trip. I prefer the DVC accomodations...who wouldn't though. At the same time, I would have no problem staying at a value again. It all comes down to personal preference.

As for park hoppers, if you can afford them...go for it! I have an AP and take full advantage of park hopping. I can't imagine not being able to jump from park to park. It gives you total freedom to do what you want when you want.

You mentioned wanting to meet up with other people and make new friends. Going by yourself gives you the opportunity to do that. I've made some friends on the DIS and have had the chance to spend time with them at WDW. In fact, I met one of my best friends on here and then met up with her (for the first time) on a solo trip. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything!

Have you decided if you're going to go yet? I think you should do it! You'll never know if you like it or not unless you try. Worst case scenario...you hate it and never have to do it again. Best case...you'll be addicted and want to do more.

How manys days do you make your trip for?For me, 5 or 6 days is the perfect length.

Do you feel like you are odd or wierd at all by doing a solo? Not at all. I figure everyone else is too busy enjoying their vacations to even notice that I'm alone.

Do you ever get that loney feeling and feel like your missing out on something not being with friends or family?I don't feel as though I'm missing out but I do sometimes wish certain people were there to share the trip with me. When that happens, I call or text family/friends and that usually makes me feel better. I've found that posting pictures or updating my status on FB helps too. It's nice to get a notification while standing in line for an attraction. Helps me feel connected to family/friends that couldn't travel with me.

Will you choose more counter service meals then table service meals because your doing a solo or it really doesn't matter to you?It doesn't really matter to me but I've never done a TS while solo. I do enough of those while traveling with my family. When I'm alone, I don't want to be tied down to having a schedule. I like to wing it and go with the flow which is much easier to do when you're by yourself.

I always had someone taking pictures of me with character photos, would you recommend Photo pass for me as good option?If that's your only reason for using Photopass...no. I never use it and always get pictures of myself with the characters. I just ask the CM or the Photopass photographer to take a picture. They always do. I've even asked random people to take my picture. When I do that, I always offer to take theirs as well. I've never had someone say no.

When staying there solo, will you look to stay at a more reasonable priced resort at Disney or it doesn't really matter to you?It doesn't really matter to me. I've stayed at values and DVC while doing a solo trip. I prefer the DVC accomodations...who wouldn't though. At the same time, I would have no problem staying at a value again. It all comes down to personal preference.

As for park hoppers, if you can afford them...go for it! I have an AP and take full advantage of park hopping. I can't imagine not being able to jump from park to park. It gives you total freedom to do what you want when you want.

You mentioned wanting to meet up with other people and make new friends. Going by yourself gives you the opportunity to do that. I've made some friends on the DIS and have had the chance to spend time with them at WDW. In fact, I met one of my best friends on here and then met up with her (for the first time) on a solo trip. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything!

Have you decided if you're going to go yet? I think you should do it! You'll never know if you like it or not unless you try. Worst case scenario...you hate it and never have to do it again. Best case...you'll be addicted and want to do more.

Thank you for some great answers and you have defintely given me a lot of great info, just as everyone else who has been nice enough to reply to my thread. The photo pass was an ideal that I was more then likely not going to do but your answer has made up my mind. For sure, I will pass on it.

The park hopper on the other hand is the wildcard. When I went through a game plan of parks and restaurants the other nite, I could see myself using the hopper maybe once or twice at best. But it is early in the stages, and I am not sure as of now. Still a lot to think over and decide.

Yes, I am all for making new friends at parks and on here at dis. What ever happens would be nice of course. I'm very social and talkative, so I think that would be the easy part lol I am leaning towards doing the trip. I just have to wait and make sure, I can get things into place. I agree with you and do believe after talking to quite a few people on here, that yes I would enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter