Is Disney "Frozen Over"?

Too Much Frozen

• Enough with the Frozen already, kill it

• I really like Frozen, we need more of it.

• I am somewhere in the middle

Results are only viewable after voting.
I never saw the movie, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but what do Anna and Elsa have to do with FLOWERS and GARDENING?!?
Frozen 2 perhaps? Saw something on tv but wasn't sure. The whole line at DisneyStore is changed to the spring stuff rather than snow. Pretty smart if you ask me :)

I hear the attraction is great, but how much staying power does the Cars franchise have?
I think they should redo the cars in the MK Speedway to Cars! Redo the landscaping to Radiator Springs.... maybe even have a few "Mator" cars. :thumbsup2

I never saw the movie, so excuse me if I'm wrong, but what do Anna and Elsa have to do with FLOWERS and GARDENING?!?

Nothing. Most the movie it's frozen over. I'm fine with them getting a prominent topiary location. The topiary characters are cool. But they do not represent flowers and gardens, and should not be on the MagicBand. They have plenty of other Frozen MBs, this was totally unnecessary and now I won't buy it.

I really like the movie and the songs. The story of the love between sisters is really sweet and it touches my heart.

What I do not like is that Disney has turned the place into Walt Frozen World. Disney Frozen Studios, Frozen Kingdom, EP-Frozen-COT and Disney's Frozen Animals. Each year the Christmas Parade becomes more of a commercial and less of a Disney parade, but the 2014 parade was by far the worst yet. :(

Nothing. Most the movie it's frozen over. I'm fine with them getting a prominent topiary location. The topiary characters are cool. But they do not represent flowers and gardens, and should not be on the MagicBand. They have plenty of other Frozen MBs, this was totally unnecessary and now I won't buy it.

To be fair, the movie takes place during the summer and Elsa causing a gigantic snowstorm is a dramatic irony.

I am so sick of this movie! Honestly, I don't get it. The movie was so-so and I am totally confused by the amount of adoration it has received. No more!

The Magic Band is from "Frozen Fever" the short that plays ahead of "Cinderella." Sunflowers play a sizable role in the short.

To be fair, the movie takes place during the summer and Elsa causing a gigantic snowstorm is a dramatic irony.

There are flowers in just about every Disney movie out there. I don't think the Flower & Garden MagicBands need any characters on them. Design them around the festival. The Food & Wine ones (although they should have been available to all not just special package holders) were beautifully designed for the festival. I was hoping for something of similar creativity and quality. Reverting to the Frozen theme just showed they lacked originality in their design.

Do other people feel that Disney has WAY over done it with the Frozen stuff or am I being too critical? Frozen movie, Frozen short, Frozen Christmas Parade, Frozen taking over the castle, Frozen in every park - even Animal Kingdom, Frozen dresses everywhere, etc. This is apparently their cash cow, but has it just become overkill at this point or is this what people want to see?
Frozen moving into World Showcase was the last straw for me.

The Magic Band is from "Frozen Fever" the short that plays ahead of "Cinderella." Sunflowers play a sizable role in the short.

Okay and am sure that will be completely lost on most Flower and Garden guests. I purchase the special MBs, which are not cheap, because the theme means something to me. I bought the Haunted Mansion band, a favorite ride. I would have loved the Food & Wine MB. This is not the Frozen Fever Festival. This is not anything to do with specific Disney characters. This is Flower & Garden and I expected a quality design that reflected that. Not a cartoon short MB.

I have no issues with Frozen. I don't see it as horribly invasive. I'm fine with the Norway ride converting to Frozen. I had doodled the Frozen Meet & Greet space on paper a year ago and happy they are going to build it. But the Festivals purpose is not to advertise cartoon shorts - there is nothing on that band that indicates or reflects F&G. If you took it out of the box and handed it someone they would say "Frozen" band. They completely missed the mark on this one.

I don't know that I wold say Kill It, but I would not add anything else. I love chocolate, but I can have my fill of it.

All I can say is be glad you don't remember when Disney was Stitched-over. I seriously can not stand that character and when he was popular he was all over the parks.

So I will take Frozen any day over that.

I'm kinda stuck between the middle and wanting more.
Having Frozen everywhere, I feel cheapens it to be honest.

I am also still very upset about Frozen replacing Maelstrom. It makes you think, what else is easily replaceable in the parks if something more "popular" comes along? If you think about it, if Frozen was not as popular as it was, Maelstrom would probably be open and still going right now.

With that said, I do love Frozen and feel instead of taking away something at Epcot, they could have ADDED more of something new and Frozen related to Epcot. ALSO, added a more integral presence and attraction for Frozen at Hollywood Studios. Perfect place to build a replica of the ice castle. If not an attraction/ride, a new dinning experience would more than siffice. Not everything needs to be a ride. Heck, Tangled got washrooms and it's a beautiful and nice rest area.

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Come on lets go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away-
We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why!-
It doesn't have to be a snowman.

:rolleyes1

I'm not into it. Really. I've seen the movie twice, but it just isn't into my head.

That being said, recently we were at a restaurant in one of the resorts and there was a very nice CM there. She offered to give us a dessert. I declined. But she persisted, suggesting a frozen cupcake. She was a nice lady, and I didn't want to be rude, so I accepted. Meanwhile I'm thinking "ok lady, go to the freezer and get us a cupcake. I wonder why she didn't suggest a fresh one. Oh well, she's a nice person. I wonder how long it will take to thaw out."

Boy, was I surprised! We shared the cupcake, enjoying it, and DD refuses to part with the plastic ring that was part of the decoration. Like I said, it just isn't into my head.

Come on lets go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away-
We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why!-
It doesn't have to be a snowman.

:rolleyes1

Ok bye! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter