Is Dinner At 1900 Park Fare Really That Bad?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by LovingDisney2012, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MistressMerryweather

MistressMerryweather DIS Veteran

We've always found it to be very good.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Food was acceptable, characters were great, so I'd say it wasn't really that bad!

4. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

we've been twice and enjoyed food better the CRT. I think it's one of the best buffet character meals that you can have. I like the fact that different choices are available. Plus the step sisters and Lady Tremaine are a riot IMO.

5. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

can anyone comment on the quality of the sushi? I know its not Cali Grill but was it decent?

6. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Meh! I don't think it was really sushi, like with fish. I think there might have been an avocado and a cucumber roll? It was fine, but "sushi" in representation only.

7. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

Sushi actually just means the roll. No fish required.:)

8. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

I have seen some pics of the food from here and it looks like there is Sushi rolls on the buffet and I was wondering if they were decent? Same quality as the Counter service ones you find in the resort food courts? The variety of the food is interesting to us. Thanks!:)

9. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

I like the variety of the food at 1900 PF, and it is reasonably good. However, I wouldn't choose it just for the sushi as it's just standard fare.

10. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

no not just for the sushi at all, I hate it...and my younger DS too. Its DH and older DH that enjoy it and thought it would be a neat "extra" that most buffets do not have.

11. sleepydog25

You should be just fine then. I've been three times--twice for dinner and once for breakfast--and we've enjoyed it every time. There is quite a variety there, as well as a kids' section buffet with things like pizza, etc. :thumbsup2

12. momtwoboys

momtwoboys DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 thank you!

13. sleepydog25

The character interaction there each time has also been quite good, and in fact, some folks who don't care for the food all that much usually admit the character interaction alone made it worthwhile. Have fun!

14. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

I absolutely hated this meal. And generally I wasn't expecting anything fancy, my standards are rather low, and this was horrible. That beings aid, they treated my gluten free kids very very well, so DH and I sucked it up, but I would never go back.

15. shell8558

shell8558 DIS Veteran

I really really disliked the food . Probably the worst I have experienced at disney . However the character interaction was amazing !! ( crazy i know !)

16. mya12347

mya12347 Earning My Ears

I will never come back my little one was so excited to meet the Prince Charming , what a disappointment! A poor character interaction , the Cinderella is the most beautiful but no charisma for kids! Prince Charming even worse , stepmother and stepsister are ok. Food was so so. We had a breakfast to the next day and we canceled . Avoid it!

17. Mommyof3inVA

Mommyof3inVA Mouseketeer

1900 Park Fare is awesome food and a great place to eat. Don't believe everything you read/hear. The food was our favorite, lots of selections and the kids buffet table is great for picky eaters. :)

18. southernlabelle

southernlabelle Earning My Ears

I didn't mind the buffet so much but the step sisters screaming and running around the room wasn't what I was expecting.

19. harningtj

harningtj Going Goofy in 2014

We went to Disney in 2010 and of all the table service places we ate, this was the one I wanted to most go back to.

I loved the food, great selection (my favs: strawberry soup and the chicken marsala). My kids were young (2.5 and 3 months) so they didn't get much out of the character interactions but we loved them.

All the positives outweighed the negative experience we had (the computer system was down, excessive long wait - especially painful with two small kids, my son actually slept through dinner) so we plan to give it another go. They did comp us a meal as well as giving us a free photo package, I feel like they did the best they could to make up for the problem.

20. martinolichfamily

martinolichfamily DIS Veteran

;)

We love 1900 PF! We eat there each trip!

21. pigletat100acres

pigletat100acres Earning My Ears

I think your typical buffet at Disney - but the characters are what make it special. The only reason we ate there - and the characters were worth it!